PDA

View Full Version : New Pa's

sildragon
Dec 21, 2007, 07:29 PM
I'm tossed between new claw and new slicer ultimate pa. Any advice??

jcm5
Dec 21, 2007, 07:37 PM
claws are cool and slicer only hits 3 times claws hit like alot

AnamanaAU
Dec 21, 2007, 07:50 PM
Old slicer only hit 3 times.

Sylpheed
Dec 21, 2007, 07:56 PM
Having the new slicer PA at 11 so far i can say with an honest opinion that it fails in every way in comparison to the first one. Although the second combo can hit well over 2000 the first combo is so weak its pointless to even have it if you already have the old one levelled past 21.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 21, 2007, 07:58 PM
Comparing any PA to Chikki Kyoren-jin is pointless.

Jao
Dec 21, 2007, 10:50 PM
can it hit muli-body parts?

linkz4461
Dec 21, 2007, 10:59 PM
why not get the twin claws? it's only 10 frags! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Akio
Dec 21, 2007, 11:21 PM
On 2007-12-21 16:58, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Comparing any PA to Chikki Kyoren-jin is pointless.

maybe people should get the new art and stop spamming the old art. sorry i like getting exp and rares, so doing fast runs are nice, but it makes the runs less fun because i am trying to hit things before they die, and if i can hit them, they die leaving my PA unleveled.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 21, 2007, 11:40 PM
If that new PA sux, then I'm SO getting it and boycotting Chikki Kyoren-jin. Well, Cross Hurricane is calling to me now first though, so I have to level that.

Zorafim
Dec 22, 2007, 01:59 AM
I'm not a fan of this batch of PAs, really. The doublesaber's first hit has too much lag, and that lag is in the worst possible spot for a PA. The twin claw PA is obviously a joke PA, though statistically it's not bad. The twin saber PA is much too slow to be worthwhile. The twin daggers has the least amount of hits of the twin dagger PAs (being the only one in which one part of the combo has only one hit).

The single weapon PAs aren't too bad, though. The slicer PA can be spammed quickly and at a safe distance, being a very defensive PA, and it feels like this is how slicers are supposed to be played. The claw PA has a decent amount of hits considering its low damage modifier, and is quite possibly my favorite AoE PA now. The whip is almost a 100% improvement over the first whip PA, having less PP usage, higher damage, more hits, and even levels faster (seriously, I got it from lv1 to lv10 in one A rank run, and got to lv2 in one group of enemies).

All in all, I have to question Sega's balancing skills. These PAs should at least be superior to the store bought ones, yet most of them seem completely underwhelming.