PDA

View Full Version : How do I beat her?

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 02:34 AM
I've been fighting Mother Brain for over two freaking hours. She won't die.

If you're gonna edit this, at least don't make it so cheesy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2007-12-22 23:28 ]</font>

MetalIdol876
Dec 22, 2007, 02:34 AM
Learn to Fortefigh her. :3

beatrixkiddo
Dec 22, 2007, 02:36 AM
Beat her just like you would any other woman.

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 02:36 AM
Might be a good idea to shoot the arms first in the middle for most damage on them.
And then concentrate all power on Mother Brain face (cause she is very vulnreable now) until you beat her or until the arms regenerate.
Rince and repeat. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-12-21 23:37 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-12-21 23:38 ]</font>

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 02:37 AM
No, you don't seem to get it. I've been fighting her for two hours. I've been doing the arm thing.

She won't die.

Kiata
Dec 22, 2007, 02:38 AM
Wow you suck i solod an S and beat the mission in 45 min she was easiest part.
the problem is its all these noobs who have never faced off against Dulk faksis before there completely lost it so funny to see them come out 4 or 5 times
before they acualy beat her.

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 02:39 AM
On 2007-12-21 23:37, Uncle_bob wrote:
No, you don't seem to get it. I've been fighting her for two hours. I've been doing the arm thing.

She won't die.

If my stragegi dont work then you simply have to get stronger.
Cause if it works for me on S soloing then i hardly think my stragegi fails. :S

KRKcl17
On 2007-12-21 23:38, Kiata wrote:
Wow you suck i solod an S and beat the mission in 45 min she was easiest part.
the problem is its all these noobs who have never faced off against Dulk faksis before there completely lost it so funny to see them come out 4 or 5 times
before they acualy beat her.

You're so elite. Learn to fucking type and not be a condescending troll. kthxbai.

MetalIdol876
Just attack her body and heal after everything else. I do 2000 to her head and 1000ish to everything else near it on my fF. She dies not too long after my 2nd Photon Charge. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 02:40 AM
I DO. I shoot her arms until they go down, then I shoot her head. I keep getting 1-hit killed by jellen (Didn't know it does damage now) or raped by missiles. She just won't die, it doesn't make sense.

Kiata
Dec 22, 2007, 02:40 AM
I only state facts!

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 02:42 AM
Go away, troll.

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 02:43 AM
On 2007-12-21 23:40, Uncle_bob wrote:
I DO. I shoot her arms until they go down, then I shoot her head. I keep getting 1-hit killed by jellen (Didn't know it does damage now) or raped by missiles. She just won't die, it doesn't make sense.

Hmm, mind if i ask your level and such?
Class? Etc..

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 02:44 AM
98 Fortegunner, Cast.

Rifle, shotgun, and crossbow bullets I'm using are over 31.

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 02:47 AM
On 2007-12-21 23:44, Uncle_bob wrote:
98 Fortegunner, Cast.

Rifle, shotgun, and crossbow bullets I'm using are over 31.

I suppose you have lv 31 ground bullets?

I usually use Twin Handguns with lv 35 ground bullets on her with my Fortegunner.

Kiata
Dec 22, 2007, 02:47 AM
Thats your problem FG dont do well against bosses unless you have a GL and theres not enough points close together, you died instantly from magic cause the magic she uses hurts techers a shit load as well and youre a cast there weak against it.

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 02:54 AM
Doesn't explain why Jellen and Zalure are killing me in one hit.

jobber
Dec 22, 2007, 02:57 AM
psssssssssh I'm a gunner and tooker her down myself. It's all about stratagy. Don't use the 1st person view. That way you know when the missles/lightning are coming in. Take out 1 arm at a time then peel some caps in her dome. She can't really do any major damage without the arms. Don't limit yourself to ground element bullets if you're not up to atleast level 11. You can use any bullet sans lightning. My twin handgun ground PA is level 14 and I hit between 80-100 on the arms with level 31 shifta. Twin Melee hits for 140.

Kiata
Dec 22, 2007, 02:58 AM
But thouse are debuffs wth are you serios its thouse spells are you sure. If they are its proly gliched out or somethin

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 03:01 AM
On 2007-12-21 23:57, jobber wrote:
psssssssssh I'm a gunner and tooker her down myself. It's all about stratagy. Don't use the 1st person view. That way you know when the missles/lightning are coming in. Take out 1 arm at a time then peel some caps in her dome. She can't really do any major damage without the arms. Don't limit yourself to ground element bullets if you're not up to atleast level 11. You can use any bullet sans lightning. My twin handgun ground PA is level 14 and I hit between 80-100 on the arms with level 31 shifta. Twin Melee hits for 140.

Its go alot faster with lv 31 grounds bullets.
I usually do around 200 on the arms. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

And yes for this boss, Twin Handguns seems to be the ones to use cause of the strafing and no need for FP view.

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 03:05 AM
Yes, it was jellen and zalure. Whenever she used them I would drop dead 90% of the time.

Nevermind, I think I'm just gonna quit. This game is absurd.

I leveled up my crossbow twice during the time I wasted on this boss. 8|

beatrixkiddo
Dec 22, 2007, 03:06 AM
It was probably a glitch, I heard of something like this.

Syl
Dec 22, 2007, 03:09 AM
Actually, I've heard of a glitch (mentioned by Shiryuu I think) where she ends up having infinite HP.

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 03:09 AM
On 2007-12-22 00:05, Uncle_bob wrote:
Yes, it was jellen and zalure. Whenever she used them I would drop dead 90% of the time.

Nevermind, I think I'm just gonna quit. This game is absurd.

I leveled up my crossbow twice during the time I wasted on this boss. 8|

Seriously, when i think about it.
The boss should die much sooner then 2 hours anyway if you got lv 31 bullets, it just doesnt make sense...

Maybe..the boss got invincible? XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-12-22 00:10 ]</font>

HFlowen
Dec 22, 2007, 03:10 AM
Infinite HP glitch, happens in small parties. Not sure of any way to get around it.

EDIT: Great way to level PAs though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-12-22 00:10 ]</font>

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 03:11 AM
On 2007-12-22 00:09, SylviaEspada wrote:
Actually, I've heard of a glitch (mentioned by Shiryuu I think) where she ends up having infinite HP.

If thatīs true then SEGA is one lazy company.
Do they never look through the beastery status and fix their status before releasing the damn mission?

Gunslinger-08
Dec 22, 2007, 03:12 AM
I lol'd after reading this topic. Did you forget to bring in your PM? It makes all the difference...

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 03:15 AM
I had my PM and Maya with me.

hypersaxon
Dec 22, 2007, 03:33 AM
I encountered the same glitch, I was fighting Mother Brain on C solo with a 47 Human Fighgunner, using every 9 star A-Rank I had available. Nothing would kill her...

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 03:36 AM
Awesome. I want sega to grossly reimburse me for the time and meseta I wasted.

Wayne0188
Dec 22, 2007, 04:22 AM

no offence uncle_bob, but chill out man it's just a game...

@ Kiata you gotta lay off man... I often see you being disrespectful to people for no reason, that is uncalled for...
and as many others have said, try to type much neater so that people can actually read what you are saying...

Kiata
Dec 22, 2007, 04:31 AM
On 2007-12-21 23:40, Kiata wrote:
I only state facts!

SnowfoxZero
Dec 22, 2007, 05:19 AM
On 2007-12-22 00:11, darkante wrote:

On 2007-12-22 00:09, SylviaEspada wrote:

If thatīs true then SEGA is one lazy company.
Do they never look through the beastery status and fix their status before releasing the damn mission?

lol no. they don't care http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif i was in a B rank earlier with my PM and leo, i'm level 63. after 20 dimates, 4 trimates, and 2 star atomizers later i gave up and turned my xbox off, thing would not die, i slashed at it for about 20 minutes.

Nox_
Dec 22, 2007, 06:34 AM
How was it a waste of time if you leveled up several PAs? I'd love a mob with infinite hp.

landman
Dec 22, 2007, 06:35 AM
So this glitch exists? I lost all my self-confidence yesterday soloing her on S Rank... fortefighter btw...

MetalIdol876
Dec 22, 2007, 06:40 AM
On 2007-12-22 00:36, Uncle_bob wrote:

Not going to happen.

Krisan
Dec 22, 2007, 06:43 AM
On 2007-12-22 03:34, Nox_ wrote:
How was it a waste of time if you leveled up several PAs? I'd love a mob with infinite hp.

Likewise. I may look into fighting her again later today and seeing if I can't run into the same glitch just for the sake of leveling a few of my PA's..

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 06:55 AM
Hmm infinite HP glitch o_O haven't encountered it all day and I've been in pts no bigger than 4 all day <<;

Would have been nice to have, cap them PAs quite nicely.

Sekani
Dec 22, 2007, 08:24 AM
Crazy glitches, massive slowdown, horrible music; this may actually be the worst mission ever.

Ryo_Hayasa
Dec 22, 2007, 08:39 AM
On 2007-12-22 01:31, Kiata wrote:

On 2007-12-21 23:40, Kiata wrote:
I only state facts!

enough, you're just making it worse. and i've followed this small "disbute" for the past three pages.

anyway, if you aren't doing any damage to mother brain, it simply means you aren't strong enough. my newman AF lv65 does NO damage with her strongest weapons with PAs (ex: Slicer10*, using the second combo) it does some stupid damage like 61, strangely my 10* ground Shadoog does like 201 a hit.

Now when i was in a party doing this for the first time, someone said "i think it's physical resistant."

i said to myself "Duh that makes sense, it's a machine" Now this might not be true, it could just have insane DEF. but maybe it takes 1/2 damage from physical and bullet attacks.

Either way, if you aren't doing worth while damage to it, you just need a party.

Sekani
Dec 22, 2007, 09:05 AM
On 2007-12-22 05:39, Ryo_Hayasa wrote:
i've followed this small "disbute" for the past three pages.

Your reading comprehension skills need some work, son.

This is a glitch, not the OP failing to somehow do damage.

bloodflowers
Dec 22, 2007, 09:26 AM
I've seen her take a LOT longer than expected a couple of times while doing duo runs, but it has always died, eventually. I've started to think it's down to the way people are attacking. If an arm regenerates you have to kill it all over again, that damage doesn't appear to count. However, damage to a dead arm (you can still hit below the shoulders) does appear to count against the core. Quickest strategy is to focus absolutely everything on the same arm at all times. I have repeatedly destroyed her on solo by only shooting the left arm.

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 09:30 AM
On 2007-12-22 06:26, bloodflowers wrote:
I've seen her take a LOT longer than expected a couple of times while doing duo runs, but it has always died, eventually. I've started to think it's down to the way people are attacking. If an arm regenerates you have to kill it all over again, that damage doesn't appear to count. However, damage to a dead arm (you can still hit below the shoulders) does appear to count against the core. Quickest strategy is to focus absolutely everything on the same arm at all times. I have repeatedly destroyed her on solo by only shooting the left arm.

Ohh it does?
Sweet, gotta give that a try then.

Blue-Hawk
Dec 22, 2007, 11:25 AM
I started a B rank for my first time, due to my levels, using an open team as well a Laia and Lumia. After 4 others joined, I kicked Lumia and we owned Mother Brain in 8 minutes. Try running in open games and let people help. It DOES make a lot of difference. Or use the NPC/hireling/henchies that the game gives you.

Kylie
Dec 22, 2007, 01:14 PM
She was hard at first with all fighters, no long range guns. Then I got a bow and shot down those flying things, which caused the arms to go down. She was then vulnerable and went down in no time.

Gen2000
Dec 22, 2007, 02:57 PM
On 2007-12-22 06:26, bloodflowers wrote:

Yeah I agree with this, there have been times where I've taken her down in like 3min duo and other times she takes like 8min but we never really understood why. I just assumed she could heal herself and we weren't paying attention but this makes sense to random longer battles with her.

pikachief
Dec 22, 2007, 03:16 PM
On 2007-12-22 05:24, Sekani wrote:
Crazy glitches, massive slowdown, horrible music; this may actually be the worst mission ever.

i've seen no slowdown, no glitches, i love the boss music and so do my friends, the best boss drops, the best exp, and awesome money and yay for a dark mission...

u mean best mission ever right? lol

anyways i think im gonna spam C runs till i get this glitch XD

Sychosis
Dec 22, 2007, 03:23 PM
Guaranteed way to beat Mother:[spoiler-box]http://www.mypartypost.com/ryan/images/funny/beatsponsor.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Lolitecher
Dec 22, 2007, 03:43 PM
Can't argue with that ^_X -- as in, I literally can't argue with that. X_X ^_^

Mother Brain's got to have the most overall hit spots of any boss, too bad they're all spread out. You got four on the main body, the head part which is a weak spot and appears to take more damage. Next up, you got the two arms that smack you when she brings up the shield, which counts for about four each approximately, then you got those wiggly looking stalks that lock onto you and shoot whatever Ra technic Mother Brain feels like fragging you with at the time that seems to have one hit spot each, then the flying pod thingies... that would be... one... two... err... a lot of things to shoot.

Offline, I tried to torment her to see how many parts I could break before killing her, but since my character was primarily a Force, I ended up "accidentally" killing her before dismembering her. She's easy offline, but what irritates me is that Nosdiga can't hit the main body due to her not actually being on the ground, so you have to improvise with GiDiga instead, which takes her out usually in three shots anyway or you can Jabroga kill her in one move -- can't say it's that easy online though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lolitecher on 2007-12-22 12:46 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Dec 22, 2007, 04:04 PM
Did anyone actually pay attention to the OP? :<

Para
Dec 22, 2007, 04:17 PM
Shiryuu mentioned in my thread that Mother Brain's arms repair themselves and that it was pointless to go after the arms http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Probably your problem right there lol.

Reipard
Dec 22, 2007, 04:29 PM
This thread is genuine proof that very few people actually read the thread before they post.

Noblewine
Dec 22, 2007, 04:29 PM
She's similiar to Dark Fakis. Just use Daggers and don't hesitate to you JA+Dagger PA skills. The Daggers and Spear works pretty well. If all else fails and your getting irritated just throw caution to the wind and just whale on her till she dies.

Gen2000
Dec 22, 2007, 04:44 PM
I read the OP and it's already been addressed later posts, its done and out of the way. I was just posting a certain tha caught my interest only. Oh forgive me please...

YUKI_N
Dec 22, 2007, 05:25 PM
This is what I believe is happening, based on these quotes:

"I shoot her arms until they go down, then I shoot her head"

"Infinite HP glitch, happens in small parties."

"If an arm regenerates you have to kill it all over again, that damage doesn't appear to count. However, damage to a dead arm does appear to count against the core."

"There have been times where I've taken her down in like 3min duo and other times she takes like 8min but we never really understood why"

My theory is that when she regenerates an arm, it restores her ENTIRE HP, not just the HP of the arm. It seems that large parties kill her before she can do whatever it is refilling her HP, but solo/duo players don't have the damage output to finish her off. I'll experiment more with this later, but at the very least if you find her not dying, change your tactics, to either main body only, or maybe even left arm only.

Dragon_Knight
Dec 22, 2007, 09:56 PM
Actualy I was taking her on in a 6 person party...EVERYONE was over lv 100. The fight took a good 20 mins, most everyone ran right up and whailed away at her shield for 0 damage. Simply because our techer and resident troll told us we would eventualy get lucky and do some damage through the shield....which frankly wasn't working. So I whipped out my slicer and started to work on the arms. Eventualy AFTER killing her right arm (the one on my left) the techer let me know I had shot down the wrong arm and started insulting me. Still in the name of claming that S rank and PA frag I recharged my slicer and went after the other arm...solo of course. Everyone that was a gunner or figunner was RIGHT next to her hacking/shooting in hopes of catching her shield down. So my cries for help unheeded I took out the second arm and gave them the opening they needed....for 10 whole seconds before I saw the previously defeated arm rise back up. :|

Anyway the super long story shortened. I blew through 5 charges and 6 scapes in that battle taking out arms and we did eventualy defeate her. I got to say I hate this mission ever so much. Even though our techer liked it for the challange....theres hardly any challange in getting lucky.

Uncle_bob
Dec 22, 2007, 10:38 PM
It had to have been a glitch, then. No idea if that's why Jellen and Zalure were doing 2500 damage to me, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I was doing about 150-200 per hit to her arms with my crossbow, so that's rougly 600 damage to her arms per shot when all 3 bullets his. JA with a saber to her head was usually about 800-100. If she had been healing, certainly it would have been displayed like how every other enemy heals in the game.

A boss healing to full health would be pretty lame. I don't think Sega could make a move that lame.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2007-12-22 19:39 ]</font>

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 10:43 PM
On 2007-12-22 18:56, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Actualy I was taking her on in a 6 person party...EVERYONE was over lv 100. The fight took a good 20 mins, most everyone ran right up and whailed away at her shield for 0 damage. Simply because our techer and resident troll told us we would eventualy get lucky and do some damage through the shield....which frankly wasn't working. So I whipped out my slicer and started to work on the arms. Eventualy AFTER killing her right arm (the one on my left) the techer let me know I had shot down the wrong arm and started insulting me. Still in the name of claming that S rank and PA frag I recharged my slicer and went after the other arm...solo of course. Everyone that was a gunner or figunner was RIGHT next to her hacking/shooting in hopes of catching her shield down. So my cries for help unheeded I took out the second arm and gave them the opening they needed....for 10 whole seconds before I saw the previously defeated arm rise back up. :|

Anyway the super long story shortened. I blew through 5 charges and 6 scapes in that battle taking out arms and we did eventualy defeate her. I got to say I hate this mission ever so much. Even though our techer liked it for the challange....theres hardly any challange in getting lucky.

Any mission is irritating if you party with morons.

Anduril
Dec 22, 2007, 10:48 PM
Now I'm interested in this glitch... I like this mission ever so much. Just wish I could play right now, and maybe get some Del-whatever-they-are-called-nows, ie. Big Delsabers.