PDA

View Full Version : So I am getting bored here

Alamar
Dec 22, 2007, 02:48 AM
Well I have been playing PS since November 11 2006. I never rushed to cap not my thing. Never rushed to level PA's also not my thing. I leveled everything as a ran not trying. I find myself getting bored with the game. That bothers me to cause I like PS always have, But there is something about this game lately that got me bored. To me it seems an endless grind, I know that PS is a grind game I played PSO,PSU and all the others ones before online. I am not new to PS. But THIS game for some reason can't seem to keep my attention much anymore. Seems there is nothing there. I can't really describe the feeling I know there is all these things that need done for my main and my alts but still There is something wrong. I wish I could figure it out. The game is good IMO I like it thats not the problem. Anyone else feel bored? maybe thats the wrong word to use Tired? maybe that. Wornout? maybe that too. Not sure what the right word is but lack of interest is starting to grow stronger and stronger. Maybe putting it down here will help not sure just wanted to get it out I guess.

EphekZ
Dec 22, 2007, 03:27 AM
you've been playing for a year straight. I've taken countless breaks, like month span breaks and still find myself rather bored after a few months again. Just take a break man. There are other games out there.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 22, 2007, 04:07 AM
PSU has never been my primary game. I play it, when I'm bored of other games, and find nothing else to do, or a friend asks me to play with them. Please tell me you've played other games over the last year, if not, I don't know how you went on playing it this long

THE JACKEL

VanHalen
Dec 22, 2007, 04:10 AM
On 2007-12-22 01:07, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
PSU has never been my primary game. I play it, when I'm bored of other games, and find nothing else to do, or a friend asks me to play with them. Please tell me you've played other games over the last year, if not, I don't know how you went on playing it this long

THE JACKEL

I went from October to June and the only game I played was PSU. I stopped and played Pokemon Diamond for a bit. Well I still play both.

Alamar
Dec 22, 2007, 05:40 AM
well no this been it for gaming the last year. Sad I know maybe thats the problem

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 22, 2007, 06:44 AM
Don't worry, I understand where you are coming from. I went from June to a few weeks before 1UP, playing nonstop. I would play for about 13 hours or so a day. I played for a LONG time the first day I got my copy of PSU, like..16 hours or so.

I never rushed to the cap or anything like that. I never pressured myself to do anything in that game, honestly. A couple of weeks before 1UP began though, I told my friends I was going to be taking a break.

I was in the same situation you are in now. I thought to myself, "What's wrong? This is a great game, but yet..I feel kind of..bored with it. It feels like there is something missing. Something that's not there when I first got it..", so I came to the conclusion that I was pretty much just burned out on it.

So, I took a break from it for a week, played some other games, then came back and it really felt good to be back. There are a lot of games I think are fantastic, but we all have to take a break from them every once in a while.

So, much like what someone else said here..I'll say the same. Take a break for a little while. Go play some other games to occupy your time with. If you don't, then before too much longer (judging from your post) you'll quit playing PSU entirely.

You'll get frustrated at the game and start looking at it in a very negative manner. So..instead of adding to this bad feeling towards the game which you have at the moment, take a break and relax for a little while.

Trust me..you'll be glad you did. I know I was http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

EDIT: spellcheck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-12-22 03:47 ]</font>

Darkly
Dec 22, 2007, 07:56 AM
ORPG's in general are made up of very simple gameplay and endless grinding. - the fun I personally get from these games is my friends and the accomplishments you make. - e.g getting my crossbow to 21

Playing any singular game for so long is going to be boring, nobody play's a single player game over and over for 200 times, so of course you will be bored - the advice above me is great - play some other games for a while or maybe dont play games at all, whatever works for you.

Also i think comparing this game to pso, you have a lot more levelling up objectives on psu which require effort - i tihnk pso's gameplay was just set around exploring - so the only set goals were to level up or hunt rares really.

Alamar
Dec 22, 2007, 02:20 PM
Very good advice from everyone thanks alot for the help! I think thats the anwser. Thanks again and Merry Christmas to everyone.

amtalx
Dec 22, 2007, 03:14 PM
AoI, more than anything, has made me see that I need to take a break from this. There are so many other (better) games out there, blowing all your time on PSU is silly.

Zorafim
Dec 23, 2007, 03:28 AM
I think the "Boring" feeling is the level design. Considering it's a dungeon crawler, the levels don't really feel like dungeons. It feels more like a house. Tiny, and easy to navigate, especially since the game is based on exploring all the crannies and killing every enemy in the area. I'm sure if the game was more based around getting to the end of the stage, without any concern of mission rewards, it'd be more fun. In fact, the most fun I have with the game is just rushing to the end without worrying about mission rewards.

InfinityXXX
Dec 23, 2007, 02:54 PM
I tried PSU for about a month and though I had some fun times, I found myself bored a lot and now that my month is up...I don't find myself renewing my subscription any time soon (I'm not saying I'll never play)

maybe it was because I played the hell out of PSO back in the day and now I'm just bored of it