PDA

View Full Version : Anyones else dislike the yellow text?

Helly
Dec 22, 2007, 12:15 PM
Bleh I think its kinda tacky looking! Names, mission, and now even in the PA Frag trade text! And what're they gonna do for the next expansion? Make us some other color? I'd rather be white! I think they shoulda made it like PSU players would see AOI players and missions and stuff in yellow while AOI players would remain white and see non-expansion players as yellow!

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 12:23 PM
I donīt see the problem with yellow color, it could be any color for all i care. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
As long as i can tell expansion from PSU players and other things. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

On 2007-12-22 09:15, Helly wrote:
I think they shoulda made it like PSU players would see AOI players and missions and stuff in yellow while AOI players would remain white and see non-expansion players as yellow!

That doesnīt make sense.
It would not help your irriation lol.

Helly
Dec 22, 2007, 12:32 PM
On 2007-12-22 09:23, darkante wrote:
That doesnīt make sense.

Would to!

When was the last time ya played with a PSU'er? For me it was when I was still on PSU. Occasionally I'll see them around in a lobby but thats it. Seeing 'em as yellow while I'm white would be betters! Besides its stupid since PMs & NPCs are still white @_@

Anyway I wonder what crazy color they'll make us be next~

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 12:39 PM
On 2007-12-22 09:32, Helly wrote:

On 2007-12-22 09:23, darkante wrote:
That doesnīt make sense.

Would to!

When was the last time ya played with a PSU'er? For me it was when I was still on PSU. Occasionally I'll see them around in a lobby but thats it. Seeing 'em as yellow while I'm white would be betters! Besides its stupid since PMs & NPCs are still white @_@

Anyway I wonder what crazy color they'll make us be next~

Mind if i ask what your absolute awful color that you think is in your opinion?

jayster
Dec 22, 2007, 12:39 PM
I think vanillia's should be our slaves.

Rashiid
Dec 22, 2007, 12:40 PM
At 1st I did dislike the yellowness. Now when I see white names, it looks wierd. Just got used to it overtime.

Skids
Dec 22, 2007, 12:44 PM
I don't mind the yellow. Reminds of the old yellowrare text from pso.

Saner
Dec 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
I barely notice the yellow in the names anymore, sometimes I mistaken them for white font. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but they don't bother me plus I always keep all names/code off during missions and only on during lobbies.

plus mission list wise, it's helpful that they are labeld yellow. that helps ppl know what the expansion added.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2007-12-22 09:48 ]</font>

Kylie
Dec 22, 2007, 01:03 PM
Yellow is my least favorite color, but it doesn't bother me. It's not hard to read, so eh.

BahnKnakyu
Dec 22, 2007, 01:05 PM
This is a throwback to one of the older versions of PSO when there was an upgrade from v1 to v2 (I THINK, correct me if I'm wrong). This is also the same as when PSOBB JP players had to "upgrade" to Ep4, which caused their names to come up in orange. Seeing how people want nothing but old PSO stuff back in PSU, why would they use a different color?

Helly
Dec 22, 2007, 01:30 PM
On 2007-12-22 09:39, darkante wrote:

The worst color they could make us is probably green or black.

On 2007-12-22 09:53, Thanubis wrote:
Think of it as gold and not yellow.

I do! Thats why I said its tacky!

darkante
Dec 22, 2007, 01:35 PM
On 2007-12-22 10:30, Helly wrote:

On 2007-12-22 09:39, darkante wrote:

The worst color they could make us is probably green or black.

On 2007-12-22 09:53, Thanubis wrote:
Think of it as gold and not yellow.

I do! Thats why I said its tacky!

Alright, that said.
You have to keep yourself positive by thinking.."well at least itīs not Green or Black"

Only way to endure it. =l

I for once would scream in agony if the color were pink or brown.
My god teh horror.:S

RichterDGF
Dec 22, 2007, 01:40 PM
Of all the minor, worthless things to complain about.....

Kylie
Dec 22, 2007, 01:43 PM
I don't see the point in making such a fuss over this. It's just a minor detail, and if it really bothers you that much, maybe the content on the game that should be way more important just isn't good enough for you. They needed a way to set the expansion players apart from the v1 players, and it's not like they could choose a color that makes everyone happy. Yellow is closest to white, technically, even if just by society's standards, so that's probably why they chose it. Any other color would set us too far apart.

gurmlk
Dec 22, 2007, 01:45 PM
Why yellow? You could ask that about any color, because any choice they made would be just as random except for maybe black since it is a color commonly used for text already. It all comes down to it not mattering in the least what colors they use, or if they were to even use some sort of symbols instead. The point is that I feel it to be quite important to at least divide the character names in some way so that players can see which game other players are on, and making it so suddenly the original game players were a different color and the expansion players were to keep white would just make things more confusing than doing it how they did because instead of just adding a new color they would be changing colors. It's like if they were to make a non-rappy bird enemy and they wanted it to be yellow, but they don't want two yellow birds, so they make the new enemy yellow and change the rappies to being blue. As far as changing the colors of missions and PAs, I don't really find that to be very necessary since those things are just greyed out for non-expansion players, but it does make things feel more organized.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gurmlk on 2007-12-22 10:47 ]</font>

Helly
Dec 22, 2007, 04:09 PM
On 2007-12-22 10:35, darkante wrote:
I for once would scream in agony if the color were pink or brown.
My god teh horror.:S

On 2007-12-22 10:35, Thanubis wrote:
Would you rather be Fuschia?

Well actually... ^_^

On 2007-12-22 10:40, RichterDGF wrote:
Of all the minor, worthless things to complain about.....

On 2007-12-22 10:43, Lorelei wrote:
I don't see the point in making such a fuss over this. It's just a minor detail, and if it really bothers you that much, maybe the content on the game that should be way more important just isn't good enough for you.

Objection!

What's minor to some could be major to others! And since you guys think this issue is minor, I accuse yous of being the ones with major complaints about the actual game content!

Noblewine
Dec 22, 2007, 04:16 PM
I don't really care. Would you rather keep it the way it was before the expansion, you couldn't really tell who had AOI and who didn't. The yellow isn't too bad. If it was in Pink then alot of people would probably be complaining. =p

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2007-12-22 13:19 ]</font>

Kylie
Dec 22, 2007, 04:27 PM
What's minor to some could be major to others! And since you guys think this issue is minor, I accuse yous of being the ones with major complaints about the actual game content!

lolwut

I dare you to skim my posts and look for a complaint from me that doesn't have something like "to me," "in my opinion," or "personally" attached to it. It's a COLOR, and if you don't think that is a minor issue compared to glitches, faulty weapons, major hax, or even community etiquette; then YOU are the one with the issue. And it's not an issue that has anything to do with the game! Seriously. If it bothers you so much, turn off names.

Mysterious-G
Dec 22, 2007, 04:32 PM
If the color of the player names is your only problem with PSU... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sychosis
Dec 22, 2007, 04:37 PM
On 360 it's hard to see who is talking when you have a yellow name surrounded by an orange box :/

But I know my friends' voices so it's all good aside from yellow being an ugly color http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 22, 2007, 05:14 PM
the only thing separating you and that guy with a white name, is that you used in AoI launcher, and he used a PSU launcher. He can see all the gold stuff, just can't access it. It's all there, he even gets the patches for the data we use and he doesn't.

THE JACKEL

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 22, 2007, 05:15 PM
I personally don't like the yellow either, but..I do think it's a good idea, I'll say that much. First off:

It helps us distinguish the difference from PSU and AOI players.

Secondly:

It helps us see which PAs are the new ones (in case we were gone for a while or just don't keep up with the names of all of them)

Thirdly:

It helps let us know which new missions there are available to us. Now, I believe with a game like this..you're probably going to keep up with which missions you've done and which ones you haven't, but..still not a bad idea. I can open the counter menu and see a mission in yellow, then quickly go to select that one, because I know that means it is new.

Fourth:

They have also applied the yellowness to an exclamation point next to new items in the: Weapons, Armour, Item, Variety, Synthesis, Parts, and Clothing stores. I think this is a great help, actually. So I don't have to cycle through all the old and hope I guess the right one which is new. I'm not good at keeping up with names of stuff I never use, lol.

Anyway, I don't really like the color yellow either, but..we have discovered over the years that, if you color-code something, people are going to pay attention to it more than if you don't. It helps create a better understanding of things.

So, in the end..I honestly don't think it's a bad thing. They could have made it orange for all I care. I think it's a good idea and it serves its purposes. Of course if you look at it in the sense of, "I don't like the color yellow!" everything related to it would seem useless and/or annoying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

unicorn
Dec 26, 2007, 01:25 AM
I hate the yellow too... The white was so fresh and generic.

I would have preferred if PSU V1 players appeared yellow and we appeared yellow to them.

----

off topic:

What colour would the text be in the next expansion? X3

Blitzkommando
Dec 26, 2007, 01:46 AM
I could care less. Of all the asinine things to complain about with PSU, the color of names is just about the top of the list.

Weeaboolits
Dec 26, 2007, 12:08 PM
I party with ver1 players sometimes, it's helpful to know which lobbies they can access.