PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Reactions to new PAs?

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 06:20 PM
Wondering how everyone is liking their new VIIF PAs? I have Chuei and its pretty, but only so-so useful. Anyone who has both Cross Hurricane and Renga to 21+ want to recommend one over the other?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2007-12-22 16:33 ]</font>

Kylie
Dec 22, 2007, 06:25 PM
I bought all the ones for main that I want interested in: renga, chuei, vivi, ikk hik. Gave my caseal alt the rest except for absolute dance and the slicer PA, which will both go to my male beast. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif I'm happy with them. Some are better than others, but they all have different, situational uses.

Broodstar1337
Dec 22, 2007, 06:30 PM
I stopped using Vivi Danga and went back to Vishi Gruuda. The problem with Danga is that it isn't worth squat after the first move. I was swayed by OMG BIG NUMBARZ when I first got it to 11, but as I took it onto the field more and more, I realized that what good are big numbers if you can't hit anybody with it?

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't for the two seconds where you twirl your whip around and not hit anybody. You can't piss that kind of time away in this game. In those two seconds, the mob is either dead or they knocked you out of your attack. If I can't hit anybody, I sure as hell don't want to be standing still while I'm doing it.

Micro
Dec 22, 2007, 06:31 PM
VIIF PA's...

/facepalm

On topic, I have both Renga and Cross Hurricane at 21+, if I had to pick one of them I dunno which I would pick, probably Renga for it's badass looks and we all know that Looks >>>> Stats, lulz.

Psycho_Sonic
Dec 22, 2007, 06:31 PM
On , wrote:

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 06:33 PM
On 2007-12-22 15:31, Micro wrote:
VIIF PA's...

/facepalm

On topic, I have both Renga and Cross Hurricane at 21+, if I had to pick one of them I dunno which I would pick, probably Renga for it's badass looks and we all know that Looks >>>> Stats, lulz.

Right, but assuming I think they look equally cool, which one?

RACast_Raiden
Dec 22, 2007, 06:34 PM
what the hell is this VIIF PA?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 06:35 PM
On 2007-12-22 15:30, Broodstar1337 wrote:
I stopped using Vivi Danga and went back to Vishi Gruuda. The problem with Danga is that it isn't worth squat after the first move. I was swayed by OMG BIG NUMBARZ when I first got it to 11, but as I took it onto the field more and more, I realized that what good are big numbers if you can't hit anybody with it?

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it weren't for the two seconds where you twirl your whip around and not hit anybody. You can't piss that kind of time away in this game. In those two seconds, the mob is either dead or they knocked you out of your attack. If I can't hit anybody, I sure as hell don't want to be standing still while I'm doing it.

I think both have their perks, imo Vivi is pretty ideal for the applications I use whips for, which is like 3 different instances, but both have their perks and disadvantages. I don't like Vishi for it's start up but at the same time hate vivi's 2nd combo. If we got like vivi's 1st combo and vishi's 2nd combo in a PA, it would be perfect XD.

YUKI_N
Dec 22, 2007, 06:35 PM
She means the Jesusblade PAs, the ones that came out this friday

I have Cross Hurricane and like it, its very fast (on acrofighter, lol) and hits quite hard. Don't have it at 21 yet though

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 06:36 PM

Are you a WT? Cuz AT shouldn't be finishing the combo outside of solo.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 22, 2007, 06:37 PM
In b4 VIIF vs Jesusblade debate

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 06:38 PM
On 2007-12-22 15:36, Aviendha wrote:

Wrong http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif unless you only use whips http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif but then that wouldn't be right cause your know how to play AT right.

Micro
Dec 22, 2007, 06:40 PM
On 2007-12-22 15:33, Aviendha wrote:

On 2007-12-22 15:31, Micro wrote:
VIIF PA's...

/facepalm

Right, but assuming I think they look equally cool, which one?

Both of them are pretty damaging, Cross Hurricane levels alot faster than Renga in my opinion. I guess it comes down to which weapon you use the most. I would probably grab Cross Hurricane first, but that's just me.

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 06:49 PM
On 2007-12-22 15:35, YUKI_N wrote:

I have Cross Hurricane and like it, its very fast (on acrofighter, lol) and hits quite hard. Don't have it at 21 yet though

I'm male, idiot. If you want to know someone's gender, click on their profile. Oh, you seem to be genderless =/

And, no, they're not called Jesusblade PAs. Not only is that name offensive and stupid, its wrong. VII Factor or "VIIF" for short is the correct name, see here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=viif+pa&search=Search

On 2007-12-22 15:38, Shadow_Wing wrote:

Wrong http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif unless you only use whips http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif but then that wouldn't be right cause your know how to play AT right.

AT does less damage than all the real Hunters, so I don't think its unreasonable for them to not do knockback, pushing things out of the range of real Hunter's PAs...unless you enjoy making your party less effective, but in that case why are you playing AT?

HaydenX
Dec 22, 2007, 06:50 PM
Why don't we just call them the...

"Look at me mama...I'm flyin'" PA's.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Apone
Dec 22, 2007, 06:52 PM
I like the single claw PA, its so wierd seeing your arm stretch to 3 times its noemal length XD

Kufell
Dec 22, 2007, 06:56 PM
So far I've only gotten Cross Hurricane and Chuuei Jitotsu-shin. Both of which I'm dissappointed with.

Dragwind
Dec 22, 2007, 07:00 PM
No, they're not called "VIIF" pa's. That's so absurd, why the hell would you call it that. What the hell is this jesusblade junk? No, no. You just fail children, you fail. They are simply added PA's that you buy with fragments.

I don't know why you think you can give them these silly names, Axel. I found it quite amusing you even named your video's after that goofy name. It just made you look really foolish.

Keiko_Seisha
Dec 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
There's no such thing as a "VIIF PA".

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/3416/hurrhurres2.jpg

See? No mention of a "VIIF" or "VII Factor" PA anywhere there. So stop giving some random guy more credit than he deserves.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 07:01 PM
On 2007-12-22 15:49, Aviendha wrote:
AT does less damage than all the real Hunters, so I don't think its unreasonable for them to not do knockback, pushing things out of the range of real Hunter's PAs...unless you enjoy making your party less effective, but in that case why are you playing AT?

Why would I be using whips on small things to begin with? I never stated that I use whips for things that can be knockbacked to begin with, nor have I ever condoned it. Whips are way too over-rated and wish people would stop using them for like everything.

As I said "unless you only use whips but then that wouldn't be right cause your know how to play AT right."

daniel_drago
Dec 22, 2007, 07:02 PM
Ive got .....and the names and escaped me so ill just tell u them.
twin claw and knuckles, so far ive only being lvling the knuckles and its lvl 18 and its pretty awesome dmg is very nice overall it does the same similar dmg to jabroga implying that its been JA'd and has every last atck hit, its a slow PA but u get used to it and in a party u tend to go up behind the enemies or stay with the healer and plow ur way head first until u get sent to fukin narnia.
as for the twin claw i have that alvl3 i havnt tried lvling it but just from the first move bein so incredibly fun i tend to whip it out and play around with it cirrculing my friends while theyve gone off for a bite to eat or watnot. all in all damn nice and i intend to get the twin dagger tomorow, assuming i can b arsed to get 8 more PAfrags lol

Micro
Dec 22, 2007, 07:02 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:01, Keiko_Seisha wrote:

See? No mention of a "VIIF" or "VII Factor" PA anywhere there. So stop giving some random guy more credit than he deserves.

QFT

RACast_Raiden
Dec 22, 2007, 07:03 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:02, Micro wrote:

QFT

LoneDespo
Dec 22, 2007, 07:04 PM
I've got Hurricane Cross past 21. All in all, I think it has more damage potential than Majarra. As for Renga...it's rather hard to use on small mobs. I'd keep it for bigger mobs, but then Jabroga or Ikk Hikk do a better job. It's pretty to see and decent overall, but in terms of effect, it falls short of expectations. (That 2nd hit is just so pathetic after all.)

Broodstar1337
Dec 22, 2007, 07:04 PM

If that's the case, WT shouldn't be finishing whip combos either. Matter of fact, even FF's shouldn't be allowed to use moves that have knockback or else it's getting in the way of faster damage, thus making the party less effective.

Shut the fuck up and quit trying to reduce ATs to heal/buff slaves. It won't ever work in your favor.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 07:05 PM
Just a question, why are people so bugged about them calling it VIIF?

I call them the new PAs, I think it does the job of conveying of what I'm trying to talk about....

Thanubis
Dec 22, 2007, 07:05 PM

See? No mention of a "VIIF" or "VII Factor" PA anywhere there. So stop giving some idiot more credit than he deserves.QFT

Broodstar1337
Dec 22, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:05, Shadow_Wing wrote:

I call them the new PAs, I think it does the job of conveying of what I'm trying to talk about....

Because the internet is serious business.

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 07:06 PM
On 2007-12-22 15:40, Micro wrote:
Both of them are pretty damaging, Cross Hurricane levels alot faster than Renga in my opinion. I guess it comes down to which weapon you use the most. I would probably grab Cross Hurricane first, but that's just me.

Thanks for the info.

daniel_drago
Dec 22, 2007, 07:08 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:06, Broodstar1337 wrote:

serious fuckin' business

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 07:10 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:06, Broodstar1337 wrote:

I realize this but it's a god damn name....

Thanubis
Dec 22, 2007, 07:12 PM

I call them the new PAs, I think it does the job of conveying of what I'm trying to talk about....It's because they they shouldn't named after anyone that steals information from other websites and tries to claim it as their own.

If they are going to be named for someone that doesn't have a damn thing to do with them then they might as well be called Jiffy Hoffa PAs.

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 07:15 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:12, Thanubis wrote:

I call them the new PAs, I think it does the job of conveying of what I'm trying to talk about....It's because they they shouldn't named after anyone that steals information from other websites and tries to claim it as their own.

If they are going to be named for someone that doesn't have a damn thing to do with them then they might as well be called Jiffy Hoffa PAs.

I'm fairly certain Axel never claimed he made those videos...

Rayokarna
Dec 22, 2007, 07:16 PM
XD. I might pick up Cross Hurricane for WT because it seems quite cool(Not as graceful as Rising or Splendor Crush) but its looking good. The only thing Absolute Dance has in it's favor is the last hit of the combo. Ikk Hikk looked good at first but because of the speed of the PA, it seems redundant in such a fast paced game.

Then again, screw all of the new skills and release more techs and bullet PAs, that will make my day.

Killer Shot on a Bow/Laser Cannon/Shotgun XD

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 07:16 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:12, Thanubis wrote:

Which is what I don't get, if some ppl want to call it Jesusblade, VIIF, or new PAs then so be it. Not like it's a trademark or anything. Don't need to get your hair in a mess for a name...

pikachief
Dec 22, 2007, 07:18 PM

On 2007-12-22 15:35, YUKI_N wrote:

I'm male, idiot. If you want to know someone's gender, click on their profile. Oh, you seem to be genderless =/

And, no, they're not called Jesusblade PAs. Not only is that name offensive and stupid, its wrong. VII Factor or "VIIF" for short is the correct name, see here: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=viif+pa&search=Search

the guy who posted all teh new PAs info is named VII! he named the Pas after himself because hes trying to get sega to sue his name in the game! they are just PAs, frag Pas, or ultimate PAs. there are no new name to the PAs and if u must give it a new name give it somethign funny and easy to remember.

thats y people chose jesusblade PAs >.>

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 07:19 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:16, Rayokarna wrote:
The only thing Absolute Dance has in it's favor is the last hit of the combo.

Surely you jest.

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 07:22 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:18, pikachief wrote:
the guy who posted all teh new PAs info is named VII! he named the Pas after himself because hes trying to get sega to sue his name in the game! they are just PAs, frag Pas, or ultimate PAs. there are no new name to the PAs and if u must give it a new name give it somethign funny and easy to remember.

Ultimate PAs are not official either, so if you people are fine with that, why point out that VIIF isn't the official name. Hypocrites.

Also, please look over your post before you click submit, your spelling is atrocious.

Para
Dec 22, 2007, 07:26 PM
Why can't we just call them fucking AOI PAs because they're available in AMBITION OF THE ILLUMINUS ONLY. AOI Shorter than VIIF and much more well known than whatever the fuck VIIF means.

So far I've only tried Vivi Danga.. its not bad but not like really good. The delay between the last from combo 1 to first hit to combo 2 reinforces the fact that Whips are supposed to be slow.

Rayokarna
Dec 22, 2007, 07:29 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:22, Aviendha wrote:

On 2007-12-22 16:18, pikachief wrote:

Ultimate PAs are not official either, so if you people are fine with that, why point out that VIIF isn't the official name. Hypocrites.

Also, please look over your post before you click submit, your spelling is atrocious.

I was gonna say, I'm look forward to seeing what the other new skills for weapons like the Axe and Saber and stuff. But as I look that this Im quite taken back. I swear hes on the same team as you and you boid him off like that. Man that is harsh...

><

Miren
Dec 22, 2007, 07:30 PM

agree as the reasoning I posted on the other post.
that 2 seconds is deadly from megid or if party member use majarra's knockback, it will just stand there doin nothin, I still use the first part of the PA tho

on the other new PA i got, the twin dagger one is nice, the 2nd combo is pretty useless but at least it looks cool
the Twin claw one is bah, is cool swimming around like a frog but omg it is so slow, at least is not Vivi that stand in one spot taking all the megid or hits
The single claw one is awesome, way better then all the other single claw PA, period.
slicer one is good 11+ but nothing can compare to the old one, dont brother getting this.

Dhylec
Dec 22, 2007, 07:31 PM
OK, this is getting silly. Everyone is getting all worked up about some made-up PA names. Let's just call them what they are & stop getting frustrated over this.

As a result of this, all future 'VIIF' topics or whatever it is, will be edited, since there is no such PA type or name in the game. Hopefully, that will save us some confusion & frustration.