PDA

View Full Version : Slowdown and will it be fixed?

killers7even
Dec 22, 2007, 06:33 PM
Ok the only reason I'm asking this is because I was doing Rescuing Hyuga 2 and I had huge slowdown, as if I was playing the game in slow-motion. -.-
But I noticed, as I was going slow, the trial timer kept going the same speed, thus ripped me from my S-Rank, thus ripping me from 10 PA frags. If someone knows this will be fixed, or what's causing the problem, please tell me, because it's probably gonna hold me from S-Ranks in the future. (By the way, when I play online, it's fine, [except during certain points]it's just mostly the Ep. 2 missions [haven't tried Ep. 3 yet])

gambit04
Dec 22, 2007, 06:35 PM
I doubt it but I can dream can't I?

killers7even
Dec 22, 2007, 06:43 PM
Yes plenty of robots, Xbox360, Universe 10 which probably has 10 people on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: killers7even on 2007-12-22 15:48 ]</font>

Turb0
Dec 22, 2007, 07:27 PM
I've done a decent amount of missions with robots and the only one I've had that problem on is the first pavilion of air mission. I've done that mission with no slowdown before, but ever since I got massive slowdown I haven't done it again and don't intend to.

goaferboy
Jan 8, 2008, 03:55 PM
I have done a few missions with robots and havent noticed much slowdown. Although I am playing EP2 Chapter 10 and its almost unbearable. Is it only certain robots? Maybe thats why the nudaiz ones havent caused a problem for me and the one on the guardians colony is awful?

SJW89
Jan 8, 2008, 04:36 PM
Holy cow the robots thing actually makes sense to me, mine and my friend's games were slow after we did Train Rescue B together.

desturel
Jan 8, 2008, 05:01 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:27, Turb0 wrote:
I've done a decent amount of missions with robots and the only one I've had that problem on is the first pavilion of air mission. I've done that mission with no slowdown before, but ever since I got massive slowdown I haven't done it again and don't intend to.

Some missions are worse than others, but I have had slowdown on all robot missions. Sacred Stream and Train Rescue were by far the worst ones. If I put them in order from horrible to just bad it would be:

Really bad (rarely get through more than 3 runs without slowdown):
Sacred Stream
Train Rescue
Grove of Fanatics

Bad (normally takes about 10 runs):
Endrum Remnants
Desert Goliath

Okay (can do many runs in a row, but every once in a while it starts to crap up):
Forest Infiltration
Military Subway

Haven't had any problems yet:
Stolen Weapon
Rogues Shortcut

Then again I don't do stolen weapon too often (same with Rogue's Shortcut). Mainly just when I need to unlock the oasis on a new character (three characters down and one to go).

The first clue you have as to if you are being affected by the slowdown is that you don't "hear" robots appearing or exploding anymore. Once you lose the beeping sound that they make when the first show up, it will only be a few more explosions before it craps out completely and you are counting frames.

One suggestion for avoiding the slow down as much as possible is to never be in the middle of a robot explosion. If you are further away when the blow up, it takes much longer for the explosion to hit you. Of course this mainly applies to gunner types. Fighter types don't normally have a choice. For force types, it's mainly a matter of choosing your spots well and knowing how much damage it takes before a robot explodes... or you could sit back with a virus bow/dual handguns, but that's very time consuming.

Another thing I have noticed is if you use a knockdown/back move and they explode on the fly, that particular explosion doesn't appear to initiate the slowdown.

Of course all of this information is pretty useless unless you are hunting something in a robot mission (or in the case of the story missions, looking for PA frags), but until they fix this problem, hopefully some of this information may help you to do what you are trying to do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2008-01-08 15:19 ]</font>

Africa
Jan 8, 2008, 05:44 PM
the slowdown or grove lag as i have coined it seems to occur quicker with a higher number of robots exploding.i think that we might not get a fix atleast on the 360 side until they fix the gatcha's s. i think it all started about the time of the expansion and 3 runs at grove somedays only 1 on others i had as many as 9 but those top 3 are the worst.

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2008, 07:30 PM
On 2007-12-22 15:33, killers7even wrote:
Ok the only reason I'm asking this is because I was doing Rescuing Hyuga 2 and I had huge slowdown, as if I was playing the game in slow-motion. -.-
But I noticed, as I was going slow, the trial timer kept going the same speed, thus ripped me from my S-Rank, thus ripping me from 10 PA frags. If someone knows this will be fixed, or what's causing the problem, please tell me, because it's probably gonna hold me from S-Ranks in the future. (By the way, when I play online, it's fine, [except during certain points]it's just mostly the Ep. 2 missions [haven't tried Ep. 3 yet])

you know, i play on ps2, and since AoI the only REAL lag i get is during White Beast. It lags like fuck, and i wish it wouldnt, since it has nice level design and the boss is effin awesome.

Getintothegame
Jan 8, 2008, 07:54 PM
Clear the cache.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=161083&forum=3&6

Africa
Jan 8, 2008, 08:25 PM
On 2008-01-08 16:54, Getintothegame wrote:
Clear the cache.

you do know that once you do that it can restart in as few as 1 or 2 runs at the grove and a couple other missions, this an issue that sega most likely has to fix through a patch.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 8, 2008, 08:29 PM
On 2008-01-08 16:54, Getintothegame wrote:
Clear the cache.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=161083&forum=3&6

It's a temp fix, once cleared most people who hunt those runs still get the same slow down as before. It may take them 2-3 runs before anything shows up but it's usually back with a bang

Getintothegame
Jan 8, 2008, 08:38 PM
That's strange. I've done it only once after AoI came out - it's never come back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

DarkEliteRico
Jan 8, 2008, 08:53 PM
Get it on Grove more then anything, did train rescue ONCE since update with good reason....took over 20 minutes to clear the first block with the slowdown. It's a good fix to clear the console cache, and clearing the game cache as well helps even more so sometimes. But we unfortunately are still getting slowdowns meh, oh well have other things i could do instead of hunt the 11* bow / deghanna cannon

Tokagero
Jan 8, 2008, 08:57 PM
darkelite
why you so nub? XD

DarkEliteRico
Jan 8, 2008, 09:17 PM
On 2008-01-08 17:57, Tokagero wrote:
darkelite
why you so nub? XD

Excuse me? Mr/Mrs doesn't fucking know me

RemiusTA
Jan 8, 2008, 09:24 PM
chill, beavis, it was a joke..

DarkEliteRico
Jan 8, 2008, 09:31 PM
On 2008-01-08 18:24, RemiusTA wrote:
chill, beavis, it was a joke..

surely didn't seem like one, and from someone who can usually take a joke or two, that comment just seemed very ill placed. I do apologize, i'm a tad high strung these days.

Tokagero
Jan 9, 2008, 12:33 AM
=[ i forgot i didn't have a sig on this website XD it's me ahriman/bloodymasamune =[
i should probably go do some sort of sig so people can recognize me now XD

desturel
Jan 9, 2008, 01:17 AM
On 2008-01-08 17:38, Getintothegame wrote:
That's strange. I've done it only once after AoI came out - it's never come back. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

How often do you run Sacred Steam, Train Rescue, or Grove of Fanatics? The answer to that question will answer why you do not get it as often as others who do run those missions.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 9, 2008, 10:05 AM
On 2008-01-08 21:33, Tokagero wrote:
=[ i forgot i didn't have a sig on this website XD it's me ahriman/bloodymasamune =[
i should probably go do some sort of sig so people can recognize me now XD

Goodness, you're such a jackass bloody. Sorry for the snap. Hope all is well now...should probably try to get back onto something for mood swings :]