PDA

View Full Version : Calls for speculation...

HaydenX
Dec 22, 2007, 07:04 PM
What are everybody's ideas about the master classes. Now that people tend to believe that they will exist, what do you think the weapon selections and stats will be like?

Also, do you think that the versatile classes will have master versions as well?

Finally, do you think that there will be a level above 15* for weapons? I believe that there will be and that they will be called X rank or EX rank.

Lemme know what you think.

Broodstar1337
Dec 22, 2007, 07:05 PM
No.

No.

No.

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 07:10 PM
AM gets every AF/AT/PT weapon at S2 rank and level 70 Skills/Bullets/Support/Attack Techs its the best class evar.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 22, 2007, 07:25 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:04, HaydenX wrote:
What are everybody's ideas about the master classes. Now that people tend to believe that they will exist, what do you think the weapon selections and stats will be like?

Also, do you think that the versatile classes will have master versions as well?

Finally, do you think that there will be a level above 15* for weapons? I believe that there will be and that they will be called X rank or EX rank.

Before I begin, I'd like to say one thing...

Broodstar, if I see you come into another thread giving such a pointless reply to increase your post count, I'll be reporting you. The topic creator wanted to know what we thought about this and you came in with, "No. No. No.". You know the old saying, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". Thank you.

Now, I believe we will get a master type at some point, but we'll be restricted to three types.

A master type for melee.
A master type for techs.
A master type for range.

However, we will use the types available to us right now to combine and form the master type. A master type can't be formed by itself. Much like Captain Planet can't be formed without: Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire.

In order to be a master at something, first you must be an apprentice. Your skills as a beginner carry over and you keep the experience you gained up to the point of reaching, "master" status.

For a melee master type, they would naturally have all S rank melee weapons (or S2 equipment if it would exist) and continue increasing their defense, HP, and attack power.

I know it sounds simple, but..a master type from what we already have available to us would just be a step up. It would just give us even BETTER stats and naturally, better equipment. However, yes..I do believe master types will have all S ranks for any weapon they can use.

Will versatile types have master versions? Hmmm..I don't believe so, because those are known as hybrids. You can't really be a master if you're focused on two different fields. A hybrid is for experimental purposes, really. Such as, "Wartecher".

I'm sorry, but..how many of you have HONESTLY seen a warrior heal himself in the middle of swinging a giant broad sword? The idea is a little silly, but..it's for those who wish to battle and support. They're indecisive about which type they wish to be, so instead of choosing melee or support, they pick both.

You can BE a Wartecher, but..if master types are released, why would I want a Wartecher in my group when I have a master techer and a master melee type? I have someone who can do anything you can, only MUCH better. Having the master types would pretty much render the hybrids useless.

Do I believe there will be a rank higher than 15? Oh, of course. They could easily start another row below the one we already have and make it up to 30. I believe the equipment will be known as S2, much like our missions.

That would keep it rather simple, too. If a new mission past S2 came out, they could just name it "S3", and our equipment could follow suit. Instead of naming it, "X" or something, then getting something new and calling it, "R" afterwards..I believe keeping the S trend would be a great idea.

Hope this answered your question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EDIT: spellcheck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-12-22 16:29 ]</font>

Rayokarna
Dec 22, 2007, 07:33 PM
Dont make the same mistake as I did. XD.

People are just gonna bitch and argue that the game will be taken back to the land of PSO and that it will be no snese of inderviduallity and there gonna quit the game, blah blah blah.

But anyway, just hear to warn you and no-one link this to the topic I made please thank you.

Rayokarna
Dec 22, 2007, 07:50 PM
This topic is gonna be fun >_>

Lets just hope that Broodstar can 't be bothered to reply.

PekingDuck13
Dec 22, 2007, 07:55 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:25, Kikumaru wrote:

On 2007-12-22 16:04, HaydenX wrote:

Broodstar, if I see you come into another thread giving such a pointless reply to increase your post count, I'll be reporting you. The topic creator wanted to know what we thought about this and you came in with, "No. No. No.". You know the old saying, "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all". Thank you.

Now, I believe we will get a master type at some point, but we'll be restricted to three types.

A master type for melee.
A master type for techs.
A master type for range.

However, we will use the types available to us right now to combine and form the master type. A master type can't be formed by itself. Much like Captain Planet can't be formed without: Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire.

In order to be a master at something, first you must be an apprentice. Your skills as a beginner carry over and you keep the experience you gained up to the point of reaching, "master" status.

For a melee master type, they would naturally have all S rank melee weapons (or S2 equipment if it would exist) and continue increasing their defense, HP, and attack power.

I know it sounds simple, but..a master type from what we already have available to us would just be a step up. It would just give us even BETTER stats and naturally, better equipment. However, yes..I do believe master types will have all S ranks for any weapon they can use.

Will versatile types have master versions? Hmmm..I don't believe so, because those are known as hybrids. You can't really be a master if you're focused on two different fields. A hybrid is for experimental purposes, really. Such as, "Wartecher".

I'm sorry, but..how many of you have HONESTLY seen a warrior heal himself in the middle of swinging a giant broad sword? The idea is a little silly, but..it's for those who wish to battle and support. They're indecisive about which type they wish to be, so instead of choosing melee or support, they pick both.

You can BE a Wartecher, but..if master types are released, why would I want a Wartecher in my group when I have a master techer and a master melee type? I have someone who can do anything you can, only MUCH better. Having the master types would pretty much render the hybrids useless.

Do I believe there will be a rank higher than 15? Oh, of course. They could easily start another row below the one we already have and make it up to 30. I believe the equipment will be known as S2, much like our missions.

That would keep it rather simple, too. If a new mission past S2 came out, they could just name it "S3", and our equipment could follow suit. Instead of naming it, "X" or something, then getting something new and calling it, "R" afterwards..I believe keeping the S trend would be a great idea.

Hope this answered your question http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kikumaru on 2007-12-22 16:29 ]</font>

I have to disagree. First of all, there are already classes that specialize in each category. It is their forte, hence the names fortefighter, fortetecher, and fortegunner. If there were even stronger versions of these all they would do is maybe add one or two more weapons to their arsenal and it would be redundant and pointless. More importantly it would make all the hybrid classes obsolete and no one would want to play as them, just like you said. People want more customization, not less, and as dumb as SEGA is sometimes, I don't think they would make things that unbalanced. The only way I could see them doing that is if they gave the hybrid classes something extra to keep them balanced with the "master" classes.

And about there being weapons above *15, I think that all depends on how much money SEGA makes off of this game and whether or not they decide to make another expansion to keep people playing or make an entirely new Phantasy Star altogether. But I doubt they would call them EX weapons. S2, S3, or R would be more logical.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 22, 2007, 07:55 PM
Master Fortetecher class...

HP Boost: +5%
ATP Boost: +0%
ATA Boost: +0%
TP Boost: +20%
DFP Boost: +0%
EVP Boost: +40%
MST Boost: +25%

Spears- A
Twin Daggers-A
Sabers-A
Daggers-A
Whips-A
Lonbows-S
Machinguns-A
Twin Handguns-A
Handguns-A
Cards-S
Shadoogs-A
Rods-S
Wands-S
Madoogs-S

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 07:56 PM
I'll believe it when it happens, until then I don't really care for master classes and the rumors pertaining to them.

No point in speculating on something that may or may not exist in the first place.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 22, 2007, 07:56 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:55, Poncho_Jr wrote:

ATP Boost: -5%
ATA Boost: -5%
DFP Boost: -10%

Weapons Selection:
Spears- A
Twin Daggers-A
Sabers-A
Daggers-A
Whips-A
Lonbows-S
Machinguns-A
Twin Handguns-A
Handguns-A
Cards-S
Shadoogs-A
Rods-S
Wands-S
Madoogs-S

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 07:57 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:25, Kikumaru wrote:

A master type for melee.
A master type for techs.
A master type for range.

How was his reply any less useful than mine?
15* appears to be the cap in this game, and the 13* dagger can be used by anyone that can equip S daggers, so that kinda shoots your S2 theory down, for AotI at least. Master classes are coming to JP in 1-3 months, so why bother speculating?

Gemel
Dec 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:56, Shadow_Wing wrote:
I'll believe it when it happens, until then I don't really care for master classes and the rumors pertaining to them.

No point in speculating on something that may or may not exist in the first place.

The classes are in the offline data so they do exist, they're also going to be in the PSP game they just arent released yet

But really I don't want them to come out and make all other classes obsolete.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 22, 2007, 08:00 PM
[b]On 2007-12-22 16:55, PekingDuck13

I have to disagree. First of all, there are already classes that specialize in each category. It is their forte, hence the names fortefighter, fortetecher, and fortegunner. If there were even stronger versions of these all they would do is maybe add one or two more weapons to their arsenal and it would be redundant and pointless. More importantly it would make all the hybrid classes obsolete and no one would want to play as them, just like you said. People want more customization, not less, and as dumb as SEGA is sometimes, I don't think they would make things that unbalanced. The only way I could see them doing that is if they gave the hybrid classes something extra to keep them balanced with the "master" classes.

And about there being weapons above *15, I think that all depends on how much money SEGA makes off of this game and whether or not they decide to make another expansion to keep people playing or make an entirely new Phantasy Star altogether. But I doubt they would call them EX weapons. S2, S3, or R would be more logical.

Well, the only problem I see with Forte types is this. For example..with Fortegunner, I don't have access to S rank Twin Handguns, despite guns being my, well..forte. So I think having a master type can close the gaps for some things in our forte types.

Like Fortefighter can't equip Double Sabers. With a master type in melee, they could give them that as an option, which would..grant more customization, but better payoffs.

I would just hope for the master type to be created for small things like that, really. To fill in the gaps and make it a more solid character instead of making me think, "Ya know..my forte is supposed to be guns, but yet..I can only wield up to A rank Twin Handguns...".

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 22, 2007, 08:06 PM
master classes would most likely be like the offline, hunter, ranger, force. I think they're the worst idea ever, however.

THE JACKEL

PekingDuck13
Dec 22, 2007, 08:10 PM
On 2007-12-22 17:00, Kikumaru wrote:

On 2007-12-22 16:55, PekingDuck13

Well, the only problem I see with Forte types is this. For example..with Fortegunner, I don't have access to S rank Twin Handguns, despite guns being my, well..forte. So I think having a master type can close the gaps for some things in our forte types.

Like Fortefighter can't equip Double Sabers. With a master type in melee, they could give them that as an option, which would..grant more customization, but better payoffs.

I would just hope for the master type to be created for small things like that, really. To fill in the gaps and make it a more solid character instead of making me think, "Ya know..my forte is supposed to be guns, but yet..I can only wield up to A rank Twin Handguns...".

On 2007-12-22 16:55, PekingDuck13 wrote:
If there were even stronger versions of these all they would do is maybe add one or two more weapons to their arsenal and it would be redundant and pointless.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
On 2007-12-22 17:00, Gemel wrote:

On 2007-12-22 16:56, Shadow_Wing wrote:

The classes are in the offline data so they do exist, they're also going to be in the PSP game they just arent released yet

But really I don't want them to come out and make all other classes obsolete.

But at the same time a lot of information in original PSU, like 11*, 12* weapons, even though did exist didn't appear till AoI. As I said, I'll believe it when it happens. And for all I know they can generate their own class, cause it's within their power to introduce another class other than "master classes"

HaydenX
Dec 22, 2007, 08:40 PM
Have people *discovered* any potentially new weapon types in AoI data (or has anyone even tried to hack into the data). What if there are Twin Mechguns (like in PSO) or twin crossbows hidden away in the data?

I was looking at a video of PSO stuff (looking for the video of the new Twin Claw PA). Twin mechguns would be awesome. Scythes would be awesome too.

What if there were guns or swords whose power was based on TP instead of ATP?

All of these are ideas I have floating around in my head. If none of them were ever implemented, I would still be happy with AoI. I'm just speculating and wondering.

Only problem with the scythe idea...THOUSANDS of players with black outfits, scythes, and that black wing slot unit.

Rayokarna
Dec 22, 2007, 08:42 PM
I know the Soul Eater is back in Phantasy Star Portable. If you hope enough, there might be a sort connectivity system with the PS2/PS3 to trade certin things of or something.

HaydenX
Dec 22, 2007, 09:16 PM
I would greatly prefer an open discussion without one word - two word posts. If you have nothing interesting to say, please just don't post.

I discovered a topic in the cheaters thread, but there was a glitch which shows all of the master classes, including Acromaster. I believe that this proves that there was at least the intention to add a versatile master class. Check it out if you want to. This is it (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=160764&forum=4&16 url)

pikachief
Dec 22, 2007, 09:17 PM
further speculation http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165031&forum=20&33

Pillan
Dec 22, 2007, 09:31 PM
Everyone who likes the current system will say the master classes will be balanced with the expert classes (Casts and Beasts). Everyone who dislikes the current system will say the master classes will be beyond the expert ones (Newmans). It's really as simple as that and the discussion won't get any further.

Anyway, my bet right now is that Fighmaster caps at B rank double sabers, given the existence of Stag Cutlery as a B rank (much like how hunters just get Nei's claw...). I'll laugh if they give the master classes a B rank cap in every weapon type to balance their power.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-22 18:32 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-12-22 18:31, Pillan wrote:
Everyone who likes the current system will say the master classes will be balanced with the expert classes. Everyone who dislikes the current system will say the master classes will be beyond the expert ones. It's really as simple as that and the discussion won't get any further.

Anyway, my bet right now is that Fighmaster caps at B rank double sabers, given the existence of Stag Cutlery as a B rank (much like how hunters just get Nei's claw...). I'll laugh if they give the master classes a B rank cap in every weapon type to balance their power.

I'd laugh, but on another note I'm not gonna hold my breath on something that doesn't really hold much validity outside just a name. For all I care these could be debug classes.

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 09:37 PM
On 2007-12-22 18:33, Shadow_Wing wrote:

Everyone who likes the current system will say the master classes will be balanced with the expert classes. Everyone who dislikes the current system will say the master classes will be beyond the expert ones. It's really as simple as that and the discussion won't get any further.

I'd laugh, but on another note I'm not gonna hold my breath on something that doesn't really hold much validity outside just a name. For all I care these could be debug classes.

It's already been announced there will be 3 new classes in JP sometime in Jan-Mar, so I think they're not just debug classes. Logically it would be FM, GM, and MF. I don't care if they're unbalanced or not because I'll probably still be playing AF.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 22, 2007, 09:39 PM
One can summise that but at the same time

it's within their power to introduce another class other than "master classes"

So I'm just gonna wait till official word on what these classes do and what they entail.

HaydenX
Dec 22, 2007, 09:39 PM
On 2007-12-22 18:33, Shadow_Wing wrote:

They could be debug classes, but why spend all of that time programming the classes in and never allow them to be used? Who is to say that the master classes aren't going to be available with the next update?

They have removed a fair bit of balancing issues for the classes with tweaks. I imagine master classes would have some limits, probably more specialization (or more versatility for the case of the Acromaster). Maybe overall lower, but more focused stats would be interesting. Maybe even a limit to what PA's can be used would be a possible solution.

Pillan
Dec 22, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-12-22 18:37, Aviendha wrote:
It's already been announced there will be 3 new classes in JP sometime in Jan-Mar, so I think they're not just debug classes. Logically it would be FM, GM, and MF. I don't care if they're unbalanced or not because I'll probably still be playing AF.

Is there really something stopping Sonic Team from just pulling another class name out of a hat? I mean, what's really stopping them from adding Techwarrior, Techgunner, and Gunfighter?

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 09:44 PM
On 2007-12-22 18:41, Pillan wrote:

On 2007-12-22 18:37, Aviendha wrote:

Is there really something stopping Sonic Team from just pulling another class name out of a hat? I mean, what's really stopping them from adding Techwarrior, Techgunner, and Gunfighter?

Nothing stopping them, but there's glitch screenshots proving the Master classes exist in the online data, so I think its much much more likely than getting different named ones.

pikachief
Dec 22, 2007, 09:45 PM
wat? ya there will be masterclasses, they were found in a glitch and in the PSP ver. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165031&forum=20&33

yay for acromaster! (AOI will most likely not have the same weapon selection as the PSP ver. since the PSP ver. is offline only and LAN, and offline usually has cheap weapon slections like that)

TheTofuShop
Dec 22, 2007, 09:49 PM
On 2007-12-22 17:42, Rayokarna wrote:
I know the Soul Eater is back in Phantasy Star Portable. If you hope enough, there might be a sort connectivity system with the PS2/PS3 to trade certin things of or something.

what? soul eater?

sounds like its Purple HUcast time

Pillan
Dec 23, 2007, 09:14 AM
On 2007-12-22 18:44, Aviendha wrote:

On 2007-12-22 18:41, Pillan wrote:

Nothing stopping them, but there's glitch screenshots proving the Master classes exist in the online data, so I think its much much more likely than getting different named ones.

I just thought of a reason against that theory and against the Master-classes ever appearing online. They were found in the offline data along with Protranser and then all released together in an offline-only game, Phantasy Star Portable. Because of this, the most logical assumption is that Sonic Team intended to add those 5 as the offline expert classes but rushed the release date of AoI and left the content as incomplete (as has been done in every PSO title).

Of course they would decrease the variety on offline because balance isn't much of an issue.

There's no way to prove that they won't exist later on, but that gives more support to the idea that they were never intended for online and the 3 new classes will be entirely unrelated.

Right now my bet is that no new class will ever include the word "-master".

physic
Dec 23, 2007, 10:27 AM
yea, pillians theory occured to me reading the thread, those classes fit in pretty well with offline style play, in a world where there are only a few classes. its hard to see how they will work with online play, id expect them to be totally reworked to the point of not really being the same, or being totally different, if they were put in online. like people said, its hard to see how something could be more fortefighter or more fortecher. And you d probably defeat the purpose of many classes.

however... i guess they could make it have hefty requirements, and take insane points to level, while starting out fairly weak...., but eventually they still make other classes obselete.

ErtaiClou
Dec 23, 2007, 10:46 AM
If Sega Team is capable of calling them Ultimate Photon Arts I wouldn't put it past them to name something "master" despite being misapropriatly labeled.

Dein
Dec 23, 2007, 11:39 AM
You know, a thread like this might work if we actually had more info to go on besides the name of the master classes. As it is right now though, all a thread like this can manage to do is draw in the typical responses for and against master classes with nothing new really getting added. What we do know for sure is that in the next month or so the JP servers will see 3 new types being added to the online mode and the master classes are the only new types in the data so it's pretty much a given we'll see the master classes soon. That aside, I actually look forward to reading these forums when info on the master classes get released for online as it'll be pretty entertaining reading all the threads complaining about them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EspioKaos
Dec 23, 2007, 11:50 AM
I've been holding off of reporting this for the past few days because I was worried about the hell it might cause. I guess either way, it's unavoidable, so...

Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/071221b.html) posted a synopsis of an interview with Satoshi Sakai and Yuya Kimura, respectively the director and planner of PSU: AotI. When asked if they could elaborate on the new types that would be added in the coming months, they confirmed Fighmaster, Gunmaster and Masterforce. So there you have it. Not rumors, not speculation, but fact.

Rayokarna
Dec 23, 2007, 11:56 AM
On 2007-12-23 08:50, EspioKaos wrote:
I've been holding off of reporting this for the past few days because I was worried about the hell it might cause. I guess either way, it's unavoidable, so...

Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/071221b.html) posted a synopsis of an interview with Satoshi Sakai and Yuya Kimura, respectively the director and planner of PSU: AotI. When asked if they could elaborate on the new types that would be added in the coming months, they confirmed Fighmaster, Gunmaster and Masterforce. So there you have it. Not rumors, not speculation, but fact.

heh heh heh. It's not like anyone is gonna take this seriously while it is goin to be in PSP becuase every is gonna say its on PSP, not AOI online. But I see why you held off the info.

Dein
Dec 23, 2007, 12:13 PM
On 2007-12-23 08:50, EspioKaos wrote:

Someone had to be the messenger I suppose so thanks Espio. It's good to have confirmation finally on what will be added next but was that all they confirmed about the new types for AoI?

EspioKaos
Dec 23, 2007, 12:21 PM
On 2007-12-23 09:13, Dein wrote:
Someone had to be the messenger I suppose so thanks Espio. It's good to have confirmation finally on what will be added next but was that all they confirmed about the new types for AoI?

Yeah, they just mentioned the type names, but didn't give any other details. Er, well... they also stated something that's fairly obvious by the names: Fighmaster is a Hunter type, Gunmaster is a Ranger type and Masterforce is a Force type. But that's all.

Dein
Dec 23, 2007, 12:28 PM
On 2007-12-23 09:21, EspioKaos wrote:
Yeah, they just mentioned the type names, but didn't give any other details. Er, well... they also stated something that's fairly obvious by the names: Fighmaster is a Hunter type, Gunmaster is a Ranger type and Masterforce is a Force type. But that's all.

I was hoping they'd let people know what to expect for the weapon selection for each class but I guess that'll be revealed when they do the update that adds these. Well I'd settle for either that or a concrete date on when they plan to add these types right now. :x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dein on 2007-12-23 09:28 ]</font>

Golto
Dec 23, 2007, 12:38 PM
Pillian's theory was nice but incorrect. In offline psu v1 the expert types' names were discovered before they were available online just like the 4 master types were discovered n AOI offline. Both had garbage data and were just placeholders. The master types will be in AOI online it doesn't matter if you don't like it or don't believe that they never will exist.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 23, 2007, 12:40 PM
Wait, what? Fighmaster is a Hunter, Gunmaster is a Ranger, and Masterforce is a Force? OMG! I would have never guessed.

Pillan
Dec 23, 2007, 01:01 PM
On 2007-12-23 09:38, Golto wrote:
Pillian's theory was nice but incorrect. In offline psu v1 the expert types' names were discovered before they were available online just like the 4 master types were discovered n AOI offline. Both had garbage data and were just placeholders. The master types will be in AOI online it doesn't matter if you don't like it or don't believe that they never will exist.

I'll always go back to the "get me an Elenor MAG on any version PSO" statement whenever something about data being found offline is brought up. Just because it's on the game doesn't mean it will ever be available online.

However, it's fairly obvious from the above article that the master classes will be added online in some form or fashion. What they intend to do with them still seems to be a surprise.

That being said, I think I'll go ahead and get HU to 7.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-23 10:08 ]</font>

Indica
Dec 23, 2007, 01:17 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:55, Poncho_Jr wrote:

ATP Boost: +0%
ATA Boost: +0%
DFP Boost: +0%

Spears- A
Twin Daggers-A
Sabers-A
Daggers-A
Whips-A
Lonbows-S
Machinguns-A
Twin Handguns-A
Handguns-A
Cards-S
Shadoogs-A
Rods-S
Wands-S
Madoogs-S

Lies, I know for sure they will be able to use S Rank Sabers

HaydenX
Dec 23, 2007, 01:20 PM
If only three new classes, then what is with Acromaster being discovered in the online data (glitch, see previous posts).

As for what the classes will do, I'm going to guess that because AT gets such a high support, that the Masterforce will probably be for dps. Maybe the Masterforce could even hit multiple hitboxes. The fighmaster, so as not to infringe upon the fortefighter, would probably have more in common with the fighgunner. I'm guessing Twin Claws, Twin Sabers, Twin daggers, Double Sabers, and spears (maybe also axes), but no access to guns whatsoever.
as for the Gunmaster...Twin Handguns, Laser Cannon, Grenade Launcher, Shotgun, Crossbow and nothing else (aside from Ex traps). I guess this because all of those weapons can hit multiple times (whether through penetration, multiple shots, or multiple hitboxes).

Let me know if you disagree with any of my thoughts.

Reipard
Dec 23, 2007, 01:33 PM
That being said, I think I'll go ahead and get HU to 7.

You'd be wasting your time. The only reason PSP has basic class reqs for the master classes is because you only HAVE basic classes before that.

Kylie
Dec 23, 2007, 01:44 PM
Meh, I remember reading somewhere that they only plan to add three new classes, and if that's the case, I really hope they don't make the other classes obsolete. I like the system as it is now, where you can choose from a variety of classes and play more to your style. Some of my friends argue that having powerful classes would actually make things more versatile, but... I don't want to try to be a WT on the same class someone is trying to be a FF and have the same TP as them for resta. But it is what it is if my fears come true.

Dein
Dec 23, 2007, 01:45 PM
Acromaster will most likely be released at a later time. Sega just hasn't said when they plan on doing so. And what is with people and either hating the master classes completely or wanting them to have extremely gimped weapon selections? Fighmaster will not have absolutely no access to ranged weapons. At the very worst it would have access to hanguns only like fortefighter, and I say this because every type in the game has access to at least one ranged weapon that can be aimed through first person. Extremely limited weapon selections for the new classes would be about the same as taking one step forward and two steps back when Sega is probably planning on making these classes into time sinks to keep people playing.

HaydenX
Dec 23, 2007, 01:51 PM
On 2007-12-23 10:45, Dein wrote:
Acromaster will most likely be released at a later time. Sega just hasn't said when they plan on doing so. And what is with people and either hating the master classes completely or wanting them to have extremely gimped weapon selections? Fighmaster will not have absolutely no access to ranged weapons. At the very worst it would have access to hanguns only like fortefighter, and I say this because every type in the game has access to at least one ranged weapon that can be aimed through first person. Extremely limited weapon selections for the new classes would be about the same as taking one step forward and two steps back when Sega is probably planning on making these classes into time sinks to keep people playing.

I believe that a specialized (re: master) class should be specialized. I say, no handguns for Fighmaster, no guns for masterforce, and no physical weapons for anyone but fighmaster. If one is to receive such statistical bonuses (presumably), it would be perfectly acceptable for some gimping in response. IMHO, that's how it should work.

Dein
Dec 23, 2007, 02:07 PM
On 2007-12-23 10:51, HaydenX wrote:
I believe that a specialized (re: master) class should be specialized. I say, no handguns for Fighmaster, no guns for masterforce, and no physical weapons for anyone but fighmaster. If one is to receive such statistical bonuses (presumably), it would be perfectly acceptable for some gimping in response. IMHO, that's how it should work.

But you do realize it's not going to happen like that. Like I mentioned before every type can use at least one ranged weapon that can be aimed, even the forte types which are also supposed to be "specialized". I point this out because if you made Fighmaster unable to use even handguns then that class would be completely useless against anything that flied often. If Sega put another boss like Dimma that spent 90% of the fight in the air and you had to forcibly bring down to the ground you'd have a class (or two by your idea) that couldn't do anything to help until it decided to land. Really the extremely limited selection idea is terrible and would create more problems than it'd presumably fix.

HaydenX
Dec 23, 2007, 02:11 PM
On 2007-12-23 11:07, Dein wrote:

On 2007-12-23 10:51, HaydenX wrote:

But you do realize it's not going to happen like that. Like I mentioned before every type can use at least one ranged weapon that can be aimed, even the forte types which are also supposed to be "specialized". I point this out because if you made Fighmaster unable to use even handguns then that class would be completely useless against anything that flied often. If Sega put another boss like Dimma that spent 90% of the fight in the air and you had to forcibly bring down to the ground you'd have a class (or two by your idea) that couldn't do anything to help until it decided to land. Really the extremely limited selection idea is terrible and would create more problems than it'd presumably fix.

It's not like those enemies are easy to solo with fighting chars anyway. I gave up on Demons Above S2 with my AF. Would you give up the ability to use pistols for 10% more ATP, 5% more ATA, 10% extra DFP, 5% extra EVA or additional bonuses like that?

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 23, 2007, 02:17 PM
As much as I hate calling Acrofighter a ranger class, an Acrofighter can easily deal with Tengohgs with either Burn or Virus traps and cards, and the same with worms. Everything else is easy for an Acrofighter to deal with in Demons Above.

Davot
Dec 23, 2007, 02:44 PM
Heres what i think FighMaster should be

S rank Axe or Double Saber,you have to pick a ultimate weapon.
S rank dagger
S rank spear
S rank twin daggers
S rank claw
S rank knuckles
S rank twin claws
S rank long sword
S rank saber
S rank twin saber
A rank pistol
A rank axe or double saber
Thats IMO

Rayokarna
Dec 23, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-12-23 11:44, Davot wrote:

S rank dagger
S rank spear
S rank twin daggers
S rank claw
S rank knuckles
S rank twin claws
S rank long sword
S rank saber
S rank twin saber
A rank pistol
Thats IMO

There will be more to the class than that I think. Throw in a few more single handed guns and then you will have Fighmaster.

Midknight
Dec 23, 2007, 02:55 PM
I do not think there will be a higher star ranking. A lot more weapons, but not a higher star ranking.

HaydenX
Dec 23, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-12-23 11:17, Shiroryuu wrote:
As much as I hate calling Acrofighter a ranger class, an Acrofighter can easily deal with Tengohgs with either Burn or Virus traps and cards, and the same with worms. Everything else is easy for an Acrofighter to deal with in Demons Above.

The problem was the onmagoug. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Kylie
Dec 23, 2007, 06:56 PM
On 2007-12-23 11:55, Midknight wrote:
I do not think there will be a higher star ranking. A lot more weapons, but not a higher star ranking.

Agreed. There's a 13* dagger that's already out, and I would think it'd be a higher ranking like S2 or whatever if there was going to be one. If there's eventually 14-15*, my guess is they'll be S with glowing stars like the 13*.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2007-12-23 15:56 ]</font>

Davot
Dec 23, 2007, 08:04 PM
On 2007-12-23 11:50, Rayokarna wrote:

On 2007-12-23 11:44, Davot wrote:

S rank dagger
S rank spear
S rank twin daggers
S rank claw
S rank knuckles
S rank twin claws
S rank long sword
S rank saber
S rank twin saber
A rank pistol
Thats IMO

There will be more to the class than that I think. Throw in a few more single handed guns and then you will have Fighmaster.

Maybe crossbow and shadoog thats about it

Pillan
Dec 24, 2007, 01:08 PM
Anyway, there is an obvious hole in the expert class distribution that I would expect the master classes to fill. We have the partial classes which are a little weaker than the basic classes (before the AoI updates), but combine the abilities of 2, and we have the forte classes which are a lot stronger than the basic classes but more specialized. The one thing that we’re missing is expert versions of the basic classes themselves.

That’s the niche that I expect them to fill.

I expect Fighmaster to have less HP, ATP, ATA, and DFP than its Forte- equivalent, but to make up for this with double saber, machinegun, and shadoog access and more EVP (something like a 40/20/0/0 PA cap). I expect Gunmaster to have less HP, ATP, and ATA for bow (and possibly card) access and a different distribution of S ranks (something like a 20/40/0/0 PA cap). I expect Masterforce to have less TP, EVP, and MST than Fortetecher for shaddoog and machinegun access and more HP, ATP, ATA, and DFP (something like a 20/20/40/30 PA cap; possibly even 20/20/40/40).

And, if they are just expert versions of the basic classes, I expect each race will get a 3% bonus in their specialty and humans will get a 2% bonus in all 3.

But I guess we’ll find out pretty soon either way.

physic
Dec 24, 2007, 04:48 PM
i had thought of that, sacrifice stats for more weapon access, buuut it doesnt really work well, whats a hunter got that a forte/figh doesnt? i suppose if they made like a fighgunner with all S ranks, but ehhhh better off just buffing figh or something

Golto
Dec 24, 2007, 05:14 PM
People are forgetting the main reason for the master types, lvl 50 PA caps. We know the max cap for PAs will be at least 50 because if lvl 40 was the highest cap it would just have 40 in the level and not 40 ->40 once you reach lvl 40.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Golto on 2007-12-24 14:14 ]</font>

Pillan
Dec 24, 2007, 05:43 PM
On 2007-12-24 14:14, Golto wrote:
People are forgetting the main reason for the master types, lvl 50 PA caps. We know the max cap for PAs will be at least 50 because if lvl 40 was the highest cap it would just have 40 in the level and not 40 ->40 once you reach lvl 40.

There's also the possibility that they can just add +10 to all of the class PA caps one year from now like they did last time. That's not the reason for master classes; just a niche they could possibly fill.

majan
Dec 24, 2007, 08:03 PM
most people are under the impression that the masterclasses will be these all-encompassing classes that are going to have some acess to all aspects of the game while also having elite stats in one particular field. this is very likely not the case. a master chef, for instance, will not also be proficient in bike riding and rock climbing as well. he will be the elite in cooking,and maybe dabble a very small amount in the other fields but his expertise is in one and only one area.

I think personally that the all the masterclasses will be is a nice generous boost to stats that will pertain heavily to the classes strengths,such as enormous TP for masterforce, huge ATA/ATP combo for mastergunners,and fighmasters of course will receive the elite in ATP and HP. weapon choice likely will not change too much but I am hoping that fighmasters will receive S rank in all melee,including daggers twin daggers and doublesabers. gunmasters also ought to get S in twin pistols crossbows and machineguns. also I would defintiely think that a masterforce would deserve an S rank madoog. however, they may leave some of these A rank to keep things balacned with the lesser classes,but we'll have to wait and see to find that out.

by and large, I think we're kidding ourselves in expecting so much from the master class idea. I dont think its going to be much more than the weapon choice maybe getting a little more interesting and better stats. the only other thing that would logically follow is the PA issue,which will likely be just level 50 for all the respective classes. mastergunners should be the sole class with access to level 50 bullets, fighmasters the only class with access to level 50 skills, and masterforces the only ones with access to level 50 technics. with masterforces they may leave support techs at level 40 or even 30 with sega seeming to be enjoying this concept of acrotechers being white mages, so acromasters will probably get level 50 support. I have very little to say on acromasters because I do not see any way they can make a happy medium out this situation. if acromaster was made out of shoving acrofighter and acrotecher together,it would be the most unbalanced thing in the game. period. that class would be completely self-reliant and would be so overpowered it wouldnt even be funny. I'm interested to see where they take this idea of acromaster. 'acromaster' may just end up being the bastard evolution of protranser, even though protranser really cant get much better than it is now.

so yeah majans guess is:

-higher stats respectively for each class
-exclusive level 50 PA acess
-maybe a little shaking up in the weapon choice department
-less versatility. I hope for logic's sake they remove A-rank lances from the masterforce's weapon selection.

Reipard
Dec 24, 2007, 08:13 PM
It is much more likely they will mirror something like the offline HU/RA/FO classes. Having them be a class alongside the Expert types but severely gimped in all areas save their field would make it so that you might as well call them 'Fortefighter', 'Fortegunner' and 'Fortetecher' and leave it at that.

I think they're meant to be the next step up; the final tier of classes. How and what they will be otherwise draws a complete blank for me, though.