PDA

View Full Version : so my fortefighter is looking to get into twin claws

Phantom44357
Dec 22, 2007, 07:33 PM
of the four available pa's right now for the twin claw class, what in your opinions is the strongest, and most efficient to start with? And if someone could, direct me to a place where i could compare the stat growth of all of them. Please list why you feel the way you do regarding each pa.

any input is greatly appreciated.

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:33, Phantom44357 wrote:
of the four available pa's right now for the twin claw class, what in your opinions is the strongest, and most efficient to start with? And if someone could, direct me to a place where i could compare the stat growth of all of them. Please list why you feel the way you do regarding each pa.

any input is greatly appreciated.

Bukuu is okay, its best for Big enemies w/ 3 targets, so not handy very often. Rensan Senshou-ga is trash, very little stun and 3rd hit is difficult to get off due to massive delay between 2nd and 3rd. Renzan Seidan-ga is very good, 1-2-3 targets so it can be useful just about anywhere. Chuei is best for 3 targets, not useful all that often.
http://tinyurl.com/2lc4d9
from top to bottom: Bukuu, Renzan Seidan-ga, Chuei, Rensan Senshou-ga
EDIT: That only shows stat growth on the first part, but it should give you a good idea at least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aviendha on 2007-12-22 16:41 ]</font>

oooWaveooo
Dec 22, 2007, 07:41 PM
Tag

I wanna know too so i can use my 46% vahra claws

daniel_drago
Dec 22, 2007, 07:43 PM
well i can tell you, that out of the 4 ive only tried 2 online. The expensive on from the NPC shops is extremely good for damage although is mainy a single target photon art but its very effective against large targets. I also hav the new one for 10 PA frags, its isnt a very high level yet but it is very good. as for the other 2 i cant really say, the cheap one from NPC shops i dot like after using it offline i couldn't understand i still wont understand why u wud want to use it. The other more exspensive PA frag, i have no idea at all sorry.

Apone
Dec 22, 2007, 07:47 PM
I know it isnt very effective I guess but I like the one that does the tiger uppercut out of the ground. (Big Street Fighter fan)

Phantom44357
Dec 22, 2007, 07:49 PM
thanks a lot for the wealth of info. I decided i'll grab the expensive 4* pa from the shop and the new 10* for 10 pa frags, and alternate between them and see which one I prefer. Never hurts to have more than one pa for a weapon anyway.

Randomness
Dec 22, 2007, 08:07 PM
And 10 frags is only 30 seconds worth anyways.

I wish we'd get that glitch JP had where you could get the 10 frags from the same mission repeatedly... we could spam the hell of of Curtz and all get every frag PA and have 1000s left over!

jcm5
Dec 22, 2007, 08:15 PM
ive lvled all of them exept for chuei to 21 here are my results.... buku:eh whatever, rensa seidan: sure, rensan senshou:slow but strong..., and chuei: im lovin it so far here i come lv-21 doggy paddle!!

KyEmo
Dec 22, 2007, 08:16 PM
Renzan Seidan-ga!

It's sweet.

pokefiend
Dec 22, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-12-22 16:49, Phantom44357 wrote:
thanks a lot for the wealth of info. I decided i'll grab the expensive 4* pa from the shop and the new 10* for 10 pa frags, and alternate between them and see which one I prefer. Never hurts to have more than one pa for a weapon anyway.

I'd use both since the two really can't be compared, and are both meant for completely different situations.

Renzen is ideal for single aggressive enemies w/ either 1 or 2 targets.

Chuie is ideal for large passive, stale mobs (preferably vandas or oghomons) where you can strike the mob repeatedly for great damage, while also avoiding getting teamed up on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pokefiend on 2007-12-22 17:26 ]</font>

Neith
Dec 22, 2007, 09:01 PM
Can't comment on Bukuu Rensen-ga, haven't leveled it.

Renzan Seidan-ga is really, really good. 4 hits on 1 target, then 2 hits on (2?) targets with knock-up, then 1 hit on (3?) targets with knockback. Damage per hit is very high- as a Beast fF I hit for over 4000 with the final part, and the rest deals 1600-2000 or so.

Rensan Senshou-ga is very decent too- when used correctly. Use it against fast mobs and you'll get beaten up, as the PA is generally fairly slow. Rensan's main use is against groups of small monsters, as it tears smaller HP monsters apart easily. It would be good against larger mobs, but due to the slower hitrate, you have more chance to get interrupted. Only use it if you know you won't block/flinch much from enemy hits. IT definately isn't a trash PA, but Renzan seems far, far more useful now.

Chuei Jitotsushin I've only got at low level. So far it seems pretty useless. 3-4 hits, and you 'swim' through the air in between each hit. Maybe it's a decent PA at later levels, but the first part is pretty awful. Mind, it's only 10 frags anyway, so it's hardly a loss http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Aviendha
Dec 22, 2007, 09:10 PM
On 2007-12-22 18:01, UrikoBB3 wrote:
Can't comment on Bukuu Rensen-ga, haven't leveled it.
Rensan Senshou-ga is very decent too- when used correctly. Use it against fast mobs and you'll get beaten up, as the PA is generally fairly slow. Rensan's main use is against groups of small monsters, as it tears smaller HP monsters apart easily. It would be good against larger mobs, but due to the slower hitrate, you have more chance to get interrupted. Only use it if you know you won't block/flinch much from enemy hits. IT definately isn't a trash PA, but Renzan seems far, far more useful now.

So...the PA's best situation is small monsters, which several other PAs do better, and its not trash?

It's 'Shato', and 'Jigobooma', get it right. The Katakana proves it. The translation is actually correct for both of those.

Zorafim
Dec 22, 2007, 09:37 PM
The second one, Rensan, is my favorite PA now. It's quick, damaging, and overall useful. This is definitely worth leveling.

The fourth one, who's name I haven't memorized yet, is pretty decent against groups. So far, its damage leaves something to be desired, but mine is still at a low level. It's very evasive, meaning that it's probably the only PA where you can actually dodge attacks, but this also means it's difficult to hit enemies with it. I'll have to do some more tests with it, but so far I'm satisfied with it. Mind you, single claw's Bukuu is probably better...

Twin claw Bukuu is nearly useless from the experience I've had with it. It was definitely the most painful twin claw PA to get to 30. Its main problem is the lack of hits and its low damage modifier. Really, anything it can do, any other AoE can do better. It's also the most expensive twin claw PA, PP wise. I wouldn't bother using this one.

The first fragment PA, Renzan, is alright. It's too slow for my taste, and there's nothing really special about it, but it levels quickly and the last hit is satisfying. It isn't at all worth the PA fragments used to get it, but if you have them lying around, you may be interested in it.

Basically, get Rensan. It's like Majarra -1.