PDA

View Full Version : new photon arts

pikachief
Dec 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
idk but if your a fihggunner dont buy the double saber unless your willing to spend a long time trying to lvl it up since the first combo sux but the rest is good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

gryphonvii
Dec 22, 2007, 08:29 PM
which ones are good? discuss why because afterr my spell buying spree I am short on frags and only want to buy the ones that are useful.

Rainu
Dec 22, 2007, 08:30 PM
Pretty sure that the new Single Claw PA is widely loved, but I'm not so sure about the others. I'm personally underwhelmed by Absolute Dance and Chi....Chiasu....whatever the Twin Claw one is called.

KyEmo
Dec 22, 2007, 08:33 PM
On 2007-12-22 17:29, pikachief wrote:
idk but if your a fihggunner dont buy the double saber unless your willing to spend a long time trying to lvl it up since the first combo sux but the rest is good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

T_T I wanted it to be good to.

Cross Hurricane. Awesome. Get It. It's 75frags however.

Well worth It though because It's cool.

pikachief
Dec 22, 2007, 08:35 PM
On 2007-12-22 17:33, KyEmo wrote:

On 2007-12-22 17:29, pikachief wrote:

T_T I wanted it to be good to.

Cross Hurricane. Awesome. Get It. It's 75frags however.

Well worth It though because It's cool.

well the second combo, which my friend has, hits the enemy 4 times very quickly and knocks the enemy up in the air which gives u time to start the combo up again.

so past 11 its actually good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

and is cross hurricane really good? that was gonna be the last of the new ones i was gonna get...

Bliven
Dec 22, 2007, 08:42 PM
My cross hurricane is like lvl 19 and a half, and it does pretty good damage. I like the 1st part alot, it is really quick.

xzidanex
Dec 22, 2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah, cross hurricane is amazing... as long as you like twin sabers of course XD It hit's 8 times in the first two attacks, which I believe is already more than the other twin saber pa's, and it does more damage than the rest as well (except assault crush). Also, it's very quick to level, I got it to 11 in one run of Mother Brain S XD

Dragwind
Dec 22, 2007, 09:46 PM
I haven't had or heard any negative experiences from any of them thus far. As long as you know how to use them correctly, they can all work well in certain situations.

RACast_Raiden
Dec 22, 2007, 09:51 PM
All of them are good, as long as you know how to use them.

I'm sure that MANY will dislike the new Slicer PA, as "OMG NO BIG NUMBARZZZ...this is trash" will pop up on the head of everyone who tries this and expects to see the same BIG NUMBARZ like teh first one.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 22, 2007, 09:52 PM
Cross Hurricane is totally awesome, its like a Twin Saber version of Dus Majarra.

Tough
Dec 22, 2007, 10:12 PM
I was going to get cross hurricane before everything went to hell but I didnt get it in time. My absolute dance is 21 and is the sweetest move ever the first move does such but the rest is so good i love it

VR_Pilot
Dec 22, 2007, 10:18 PM
Any feed back on the new twin dagger/claw PAs?

Tough
Dec 22, 2007, 10:23 PM
umm the new twin claw PA i have and i love it its so much fun its kind of like a tornando dance for claws if u use the first and second part

AnamanaAU
Dec 22, 2007, 10:28 PM
Twin claw sucks, Twin Dagger is epic.

Nobo
Dec 22, 2007, 10:47 PM
On 2007-12-22 18:52, Shiroryuu wrote:
Cross Hurricane is totally awesome, its like a Twin Saber version of Dus Majarra.

And its really easy to lvl
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_beer.gif

jcm5
Dec 22, 2007, 11:16 PM
On 2007-12-22 19:28, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Twin claw sucks, Twin Dagger is epic.

u sux, the twin claw skill rocks

HFlowen
Dec 22, 2007, 11:18 PM
The twin claws have amazing potential, but it's just so f'ing hard to get all the hits in.
I'll aim for a little group and do those little handstand hops about 20 feet in the wrong direction.

I love the single claw one, no gripes there. That's all i have so far.

SyThaGhost730
Dec 22, 2007, 11:43 PM
I actually like the new slicer PA since it comes out faster than Chikki. The second hit for my 110 beast FiG does 2.5k with JA and its only about lvl 13 or 14. Absolute dance Sucks from 1-11 but once you get the second hit lvling it speeds up drastically. It also has awesome crowd control. The twin dagger PA im using just for the looks and i really dont care about the damage too much.

Oniko
Dec 23, 2007, 01:13 AM
I only have two of them right now, the new twin dagger and whip.

Twin Dagger: I very much enjoy it. It's fun to use, good damage, and can even dodge things mid attack with how it moves around. The second combo is kinda bleh since it's only one hit(it does knock enemies up though) which also slows it down leveling wise, but I am anxiously waiting to get it to 21.

Whip: Both disappointing and impressive. The damage on the second combo makes you look twice, 1200+ with whip, and hardly leveled at that!? However, the second combo is also very slow to start and very easy to interrupt. If you want to hurt a large number of targets it is a great PA to use provided you have a decoy or the target doesn't attack rapidly, but if you're aiming just to land status effects, the older one will serve better. It's good, but more situational.

I'm curious about the new claw one. I have the previous frag PA for claw, and like it a lot, but how does the new one compare? Should I get it, or just go straight for Cross Hurricane?

Zael
Dec 23, 2007, 02:55 AM
The claw one's awesome. I love it.

Astarin
Dec 23, 2007, 03:12 AM
My two cents. Just a note, all of these impressions are from offline mode, where the damage modifiers are completely different from online mode.

Twin Dagger (Renga Choujin-shou): looks really cool, and I wanted to like it, but I found it awkward to use. You spend a lot of time in the air, flying around, and it's somewhat difficult to hit your intended target with every attack. After playing with it offline, I'm going to buy Hisou Jinren-Zan instead.

Twin Saber (Cross Hurricane): Seems like great damage (which I think is true in online mode too), but there's a lot of forward motion with this skill. Each part moves you forward a lot, which I dislike, but if you can maneouver it right, then really good damage.

Whip (Vivvi Danga): Great first combo, with many strong, fast attacks. Second combo is surpisingly powerful for a whip, and causes blow-away, but comes after a loooooong wind-up time. I found I used the old PA, Vishi Grudda, more.

Haven't played with any of the others just yet.