PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rares in the boxes at the end of a boss missi

killers7even
Dec 23, 2007, 12:57 AM
One time I opened all the boxes in Scarred Planet S and every box had a rare in it. I'm not sure if it's just luck thing but someone told me there's a specific order to open them. Anyone else know of this? (btw I can't do it again...)

Rizen
Dec 23, 2007, 01:02 AM
Its all luck.

Alamar
Dec 23, 2007, 04:33 AM
just grind it over and over and over and over

Indica
Dec 23, 2007, 04:54 AM
I find it really hard to believe there was more then 4 Rare/Red items in a boss box drop.

You probably ran into that last week when there was a glitch in the game and Sega had to perform a Rollback on the servers

Sylpheed
Dec 23, 2007, 05:14 AM
Uh oh, i feel another rumour is about to be spread across the game.

caseylott
Dec 23, 2007, 10:38 AM
Yes I do believe there is a certain order to get a better chance at rares.

RedMussel
Dec 23, 2007, 11:00 AM
Just luck, look at it this way all the items have already dropped, there is just boxes over top of them.

pikachief
Dec 23, 2007, 11:10 AM
i always open the same order of boxes in scared planet.

though i did get 2 soli knights 2 huge cutters 3 9* wands 4 azul fires and a sweet death in about 8 runs though....
but im pretty sure i was just lucky http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bliven
Dec 23, 2007, 11:38 AM
gah, does anyone know the difference between lightning beasts and scarred planet? Those are lightning beast drops pikachief.

Sekani
Dec 23, 2007, 11:52 AM
One time we got five rare items (two boards, a weapon, a line shield, and a unit) at the end of a Lightning Beasts run. In an attempt to duplicate our success through lots of trial and error we discovered that you have to do the following to increase your chance of getting rare items from the end boxes:

First, clear the mission with an S-rank in less than 10 minutes. When the boxes spawn, open the box furthest to the north (check your minimap) first. From there, proceed to open the boxes in order clockwise, making sure that you only open one box at a time. It is also strongly advised that only ONE person open the end boxes if there are multiple people in your party, and he or she should be the person with the highest Photon Fortune (luck) for the day.

I can't promise that you'll find what you're looking for, but this method has been anecdotally proven to increase the odds of getting rare items. Good luck.

Mysterious-G
Dec 23, 2007, 11:54 AM
You make an science out of boxes?! D:
This can't be true. Like this it would take me longer to open the end boxes than finishing the mission itself. X.x

Kietrinia
Dec 23, 2007, 11:56 AM
Well, here's the drop charts for each mission's S version

Scarred Planet S (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu-findings/4/184/scarred_planet_s/)
Lightning Beasts S (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu-findings/4/201/lightning_beasts_s/)

Just make the comparison for yourself. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

chokeitdown
Dec 23, 2007, 12:16 PM
I just break the boxes. Rares come out. It's pretty simple, really.

New_One
Dec 23, 2007, 12:19 PM
I nanoblast too open the boxes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

>_>

KyEmo
Dec 23, 2007, 12:21 PM
First run through Dancing Birds S I got Sori Tech, Har / Quick, A made Halarod and a Halarod [B]. Then they did the roll back http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's all luck.

Rashiid
Dec 23, 2007, 12:23 PM
You are all wrong. It's all feng shui. I put all rappy decors in my room, and I got the Igg and 5 rares in the boxes in Dancing Birds.

True story.

DuoXV
Dec 23, 2007, 01:33 PM
I soloed Dancing Bird S when it first came out and got a Har/Quick at the boss boxes.

Randomness
Dec 23, 2007, 01:41 PM
What comes out of boxes is all luck.

This kind of crap is almost as bad as people believing there are "rules" or "patterns" to what the roulette will land on.

Why is it people are so willing to believe theres some complex rule to the odds of something dropping, when that would be so much harder to code than a simple random drop?

Furthermore, why do people believe that because they got lucky, they must have done something different to "make" themselves lucky? Do these people not understand the Law of Large Numbers? (Popularly known and misinterpreted as the Law of Averages)

jcm5
Dec 23, 2007, 01:47 PM
did u just wanna start a stupid rumor? its all friggin luck!

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 23, 2007, 03:51 PM
You have to run around each box ten times with no pants, yelling "Sonic is my God!", and it will work...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-12-23 12:54 ]</font>

KyEmo
Dec 23, 2007, 04:03 PM
On 2007-12-23 10:41, Randomness wrote:
This kind of crap is almost as bad as people believing there are "rules" or "patterns" to what the roulette will land on.

Actually, there is a pattern. I watched some guy guess what number It would land on about 17 times in a row....

pikachief
Dec 23, 2007, 04:12 PM
On 2007-12-23 08:38, Bliven wrote:
gah, does anyone know the difference between lightning beasts and scarred planet? Those are lightning beast drops pikachief.

do'h thats what i get for posted as soon as i wake up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

also i noticed that i get virtually NO rares when the boxes are opened with an SUV http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Hokokaru
Dec 23, 2007, 05:22 PM
oh man, so your the one who convinced my friend that you need to open boxes in a certain order!

Randomness
Dec 23, 2007, 07:48 PM
On 2007-12-23 13:03, KyEmo wrote:

Actually, there is a pattern. I watched some guy guess what number It would land on about 17 times in a row....

I see three explanations, which I will present in order of believability.

1-The random seed resets at some point, which means all the spins reset, so he waited til it matched his list of numbers for a while, then knew what it would be

2-Absurd luck

3-He hacked SEGA and stole the algorithm for the RNG, generated the entire pattern, and did as in #1

PinkyBloodyArt
Dec 23, 2007, 09:27 PM
Well any RNG is not really random, so roulette is not random, I know of a story where a programmer in Vegas used a chip to keep track of the RNG and new when to play what slots to increase his chance of winning, seems it would be easier if you were programming to hack the code but he would have his friend play the slots until they got caught and thrown in jail. If sega is using a RNG to decide if a rare will drop you could theoretically pick the right time to increase your chances of a rare dropping. You would need much information about the code though, as for roulette I bet the RNG is rather simple and after enough observation one could figure out a pattern of some sort

beatrixkiddo
Dec 23, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-12-23 16:48, Randomness wrote:

1-The random seed resets at some point, which means all the spins reset, so he waited til it matched his list of numbers for a while, then knew what it would be

2-Absurd luck

3-He hacked SEGA and stole the algorithm for the RNG, generated the entire pattern, and did as in #1

No. As soon as betting is over, your client is told what number wins (by the server). Anyone who knows how to use a memory editor/viewer can do what he did.

ThEoRy
Dec 23, 2007, 10:16 PM
you open them...

omegapirate2k
Dec 24, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-12-23 18:35, beatrixkiddo wrote:

On 2007-12-23 16:48, Randomness wrote:

2-Absurd luck

No. As soon as betting is over, your client is told what number wins (by the server). Anyone who knows how to use a memory editor/viewer can do what he did.

I can see this being abused on PC D:

Somebody should tell st about it!