PDA

View Full Version : damn rappy's

Masou
Dec 23, 2007, 05:29 AM
so doing lightning beasts. trying to get a (possible) rappy map.
(i counted)
i ended up getting a bad map over and over.
so i said to a friend of mine "i'll go to 50, and if all 50 maps fail, then i'll quit for the night"
when i reach number 50 it's a good map...
I think Sega's out to get me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Has anyone else gotten to 50 before they finally got a good map? (im going for the map with the shagreece on the bridge)

oh and btw, no rappy's appeared. made me even more sad http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

darkante
Dec 23, 2007, 06:44 AM
The trick which is common word today is..to not be looking for them.
I myself just did a random first run on Lightning Beast just for the hell of it yesterday, and what do you know?
I stumbled upon those stupid rappies.

pikachief
Dec 23, 2007, 11:11 AM
sleeping warriors!?

thats one of the hardest rare maps in the game >.<

Libram
Dec 23, 2007, 11:23 AM
Heh. Thursday I decided to just run through Lightning Beasts on S as a last ditch effort to find a Dagger of Serafi board before the luck went kaput, and lo and behold the Noels appeared. I found myself the board, a couple trees I decided to leave behind, and a Rappy Feather. Now I just need to find another Serafi Feather because I'm not paying 1.3 mil.

pikachief
Dec 23, 2007, 11:29 AM
1.2 mil!? did they go down in price?

i spent 2.2 mil on my feathers >.<

Turb0
Dec 23, 2007, 01:13 PM
I've seen rappies a total of twice in 30+ runs I've done (that had a good 1st block) recently at lightning beasts. Both times they dropped nothing but Christmas trees and rappy feathers. Compare that to the first 2 days the Christmas theme was out when I did around 10-15 runs at scarred planet, saw rappies at least 6 times, and got 4 dagger of serafi boards. And btw, those were completely random runs, I had no idea what the rare maps were at scarred planet. I think you can see where I'd go if I was looking for rappies again.

Masou
Dec 24, 2007, 03:33 AM
lol i found rappy's 3 times today (and all i got was christmas trees and rappy feathers)
and i gave up and did sleeping warriors just for fun. i got a rappy/ordgus map surprisingly, without even trying. lmao
the rappy's dropped 4 christmas trees, and 2 of the ordgus dropped meseta. the other 2...i think one of them dropped a dimate. the other?, nothing.
Sega, im going to "Sweeny Todd" your corporate bastards someday <____< just wait till you go to the barber shop...just wait...
i need to learn how to shave people first <___< so don't go yet...just wait...

Para
Dec 24, 2007, 03:42 AM
I saw rappies a few times today at Lightning Beasts S... lacking serafi feather drops >_>

Umberger
Dec 24, 2007, 03:49 AM
On 2007-12-23 07:39, Thanubis wrote:
Last night I spent 2-3 hours trying to get a rare map for Sleeping Warriors. I finally gave up and decided to run Mad Creatures. I found four Rappies in Block 3.

I've done over 300 runs of Sleeping Warriors since the AotI update (note: I know this has nothing to do with rare map appearance rates, I just haven't counted my total runs before AotI or anything) and seen one rare map. It's pretty rare...but Lightning Beasts rare maps are extremely common it seems.

XxD3M1G0DxX
Dec 24, 2007, 11:31 AM
i got lucky the 4th day they were out and got 4 spawns n a row (not hunting, just running the mission) and 3 of the 4 spawns dropped daggers of serafi. lol

Nisshoku
Dec 24, 2007, 11:57 AM
All I want from PSU Santa, is Daggers of Serafi.

Doubt it'll happen, though. Even though it would definitely put me to Figunner forever.

chu-chu-chu
Dec 24, 2007, 12:01 PM
I have seen a ton of rappy noels on lightning beasts S and not a single goddam one dropped a board. This is because, I think, I eat too much chicken. O]o

Aviva
Dec 24, 2007, 12:52 PM
i hunted for those damn things for HOURS....

the second run i ever did looking for them i got the board WOO HOO right? NO i still needed two of the damn feathers! then i ran it and ran it and ran it and got the right map countless times with no rappies in the end...i finally had to spend the 2 mil (all my money >.<) on a feather so i could make it! I will be happy if i NEVER run lightning beasts again! LOL

unless of course that is the run that i pick up a feather so i can sell it and get my money back LOL

Shiryuu
Dec 24, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-12-24 08:57, Nisshoku wrote:
All I want from PSU Santa, is Daggers of Serafi.

Doubt it'll happen, though. Even though it would definitely put me to Figunner forever.

Santa doesn't want you to be a Fighgunner (or a wartecher just in case).

On 2007-12-23 02:29, Masou wrote:
(im going for the map with the shagreece on the bridge)

Maybe that's the problem. Should just go for all the possible rare maps.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiryuu on 2007-12-24 09:57 ]</font>

chron1
Dec 24, 2007, 01:40 PM
Me and my friend hunted for them for about 1hr, we finally got the rappies but they dropped christmas trees http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Raine_Loire
Dec 24, 2007, 02:32 PM
Rappies are going to drop xmas trees and rappy feathers the majority of the time. I've had really good luck getting the rare map w/ shagreece (but the shagreece on the bridge aren't the only factor on if it's a rappy map or not, which is why you can get em but not have rappies) on C, and I've gotten about 3 serafi feathers that way. It's fast because it's all 1 hit kills. I haven't had a lot of luck rappy hunting on higher levels though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

chu-chu-chu
Dec 24, 2007, 02:33 PM
Are the xmas rappies going to be around until the New years update?

Tyrulz
Dec 24, 2007, 02:42 PM
its weird for me, ill go run like a bunch of other missions and then just fall back on lightning beasts and my first run i always get rappies. that has happened like 5-6 times, so i just run lightning beasts over and over and if i get em i get em. its ok experience and it cant hurt. theres usually like a 50-50 chance of getting the rappy spawn if u start in the first room with the 3 laser traps firing at u in the pathway

Shishi-O
Dec 24, 2007, 02:47 PM
On 2007-12-23 08:11, pikachief wrote:
sleeping warriors!?

thats one of the hardest rare maps in the game >.<

seconded

Libram
Dec 24, 2007, 02:48 PM
I guess I should run this on C just for the Serafi Feathers. I'm beginning to think those feathers just don't exist...

Krisan
Dec 24, 2007, 03:23 PM
On 2007-12-24 11:48, Libram wrote:
I guess I should run this on C just for the Serafi Feathers. I'm beginning to think those feathers just don't exist...

The droprate on them is just abysmal at best. I swear, from what I saw when that Debug mission was up, the boards drop more than the darned feathers do! Which is of course pretty ridiculous..

I eventually just gave up and bought the feathers.. They're only about a million-ish each right now.. And yea, that's not cheap, but it isn't expensive either compared to the amount of time you'll invest looking for them to drop. <_< (Time which, I don't think you have much left of for that matter.)

e_Tard
Dec 24, 2007, 07:02 PM
Look for the other rare map too, not just the shagreece one.

The other map is the one laser gate in the first room. You need 3 bajilla with 2 respawn, then 3 distova. After you finish, go up the stairs and run past the 3 bajilla and down the other side. If 4 distova spawn on your right abandon, block 2 will be wrong. You're looking for a couple bajillas with the distova in that spawn. I don't remember the exact number of each but as long as you don't get all distova it will be a possible rappy map. Block 2 starts with 6 bajillas if you want to double check.

That being said, it took me about 60 rappies before one dropped a serafi feather. I'm currently workin on that second one. Not that bad of a run, I can finish it on S in about 20 minutes with my AT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: e_Tard on 2007-12-25 07:34 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 24, 2007, 07:10 PM
i hunted it for 15 hours in 1 day, i gave up and jsut bought everything to make it, it costed me 4 mil adn sadly it came out 12% which goes for 2.5 mil

Libram
Dec 25, 2007, 12:37 AM
I have some grave news, especially for Pika/Kitty. After taking a few hours to eat, explore online a bit, and enjoy some odd and arguably quality TV programming I went back to Lightning Beasts and started a C mission. That didn't work out, so I started a second, got a good map, and found the Rappies. My Serafi Feather dropped, and I now have a 34% Daggers of Serafi.

My condolences for the 12%.

Noblewine
Dec 25, 2007, 12:53 AM
I spotted some today while running an A run on Lightning Beast. They appeared right before the final mob of bosses.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 25, 2007, 12:58 AM
I hunted Scarred Planet... found a total of 9 boards. My lowest was 18%, and my highest was 46%.

I've let half my daggers go to people, some provided synth ingredients. I still have 3 "extra" but they're either staying with me or going to friends. Stick with it, you can find them. I started hunting them around level 60 with my alt, and he's level 68 now.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-12-24 22:00 ]</font>

Masou
Dec 26, 2007, 03:30 AM
hmm, i havent hunted since my last failure but i currently have 2 boards, and 2 feathers.
and 1 goldania -.-'
i suppose i can buy all the mats, but i dont wanna, I'd rather hunt them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
how much longer do we have until they take away the serafi daggs event?

LP_Phoenix
Dec 26, 2007, 07:25 AM
i only play the "good" maps in lighting beast and found 8 rare maps on 16 runs....so very good^^ but i have a question and hope someone can anwser.... the east entry map. start with 3 go bajilla +2 => 3 distova and downstairs must be 3 go bajilla and 2 distova, then u got the good map there....
but in b3 u can have 2 different maps:
a little "L" with always 3 go bajillas or
a big "L" with always 4 go bajillas +2+1
are the b1 spawns good for both? im thinking of only one of them is good....im getting all ma rare map o the big L one...and the little L five time in a row....nothing, only the f*')&/)? go bajillas....

does anyone got the rare map on the little L with the same spawns?

e_Tard
Dec 26, 2007, 10:58 AM
I've gotten rappies multiple times on both versions of block 3, LP_Phoenix. I am 99% positive it's just those b1 spawn that matter.

Raine_Loire
Dec 26, 2007, 10:14 PM
On 2007-12-24 16:02, e_Tard wrote:
Look for the other rare map too, not just the shagreece one.

The other map is the one laser gate in the first room. You need 3 bajilla with 2 respawn, then 3 distova. After you finish, go up the stairs and run past the 3 bajilla and down the other side. If 4 distova spawn on your right abandon, block 2 will be wrong. You're looking for a couple bajillas with the distova in that spawn. I don't remember the exact number of each but as long as you don't get all distova it will be a possible rappy map. Block 2 starts with 6 bajillas if you want to double check.

That being said, it took me about 60 rappies before one dropped a serafi feather. I'm currently workin on that second one. Not that bad of a run, I can finish it on S in about 20 minutes with my AT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: e_Tard on 2007-12-25 07:34 ]</font>

Ironically, I've gotten this map about 10 times, and never gotten Rappies on it. Are you Bizzaro Etard or something?

Masou
Dec 27, 2007, 07:16 AM
60 rappy's? jesus fucking christ. ima die