PDA

View Full Version : Whats the damage mod for the new Dagger PA?

Ludamec
Dec 23, 2007, 09:51 AM
I'm a newm AT and was thinkin bout gettin it, but really sure if i should if the damage mod is too weak for me to actually be effective using it, also how many hits/targets does it have?

pikachief
Dec 23, 2007, 11:26 AM
it has 3 hit targets and hits 3 times on teh first combo.

its ATP mode is also higher than the first store bought but lower than the first ultimate.

the PA is pretty good but it is hard to hit things with

SyThaGhost730
Dec 23, 2007, 04:16 PM
Its not hard...Lock on anyone?

pikachief
Dec 23, 2007, 04:33 PM
On 2007-12-23 13:16, SyThaGhost730 wrote:
Its not hard...Lock on anyone?

if it wasnt hard i wouldnt have every single person i know who has it complaining about it XD lol

i can hit things just fine but its still harder than most PAs

SyThaGhost730
Dec 23, 2007, 04:44 PM
Maybe they dont know about lock on? Or know how to aim their analog stick when they arent locking on? Me and My friends use it just fine. I heard people complaining about the twin claw PA also and my friend uses that fine also. So i dont know...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SyThaGhost730 on 2007-12-23 13:49 ]</font>

Mikura
Dec 23, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-12-23 13:44, SyThaGhost730 wrote:
Maybe they dont know about lock on? Or know how to aim their analog stick when they arent locking on? Me and My friends use it just fine. I heard people complaining about the twin claw PA also and my friend uses that fine also. So i dont know...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SyThaGhost730 on 2007-12-23 13:49 ]</font>

I've always wondered the same thing. I think some people just have poor aim maybe. I've used that twin claw PA for example and I don't have any problems. It's flashy as hell and extravagant but not terribly hard to work with.

EphekZ
Dec 23, 2007, 05:14 PM
anyone have vids of this PA?

Kylie
Dec 23, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-12-23 14:14, EphekZ wrote:
anyone have vids of this PA?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M88nWcw5tOs

daniel_drago
Dec 23, 2007, 05:39 PM
the twin claw/dagger moves are damn easy to hit with but the last hit of combo section one of the dagger move is hard to hit with sometimes as it appears u go backwards slightly as uve just hits enemies further fowards so the gap widens between you. but i find it easy to land all the hits on enemies even if it isnt the same enemy.

EphekZ
Dec 23, 2007, 06:43 PM
ah damn, when the topic said dagger PA I assumed he meant single dagger.
Thanks for the vid, anyway.

gambit04
Dec 23, 2007, 07:52 PM
I dunno I never seem to get this to work for me I don't really like it. I do it like anyone else I think I lock on I use the pa and I never seem to hit the target 3 times. I dunno I personally don't like it but it is fancy and for that reason I have to get it to 21 at least just to make me look good.

Looking Good > DPS

Aviendha
Dec 23, 2007, 08:11 PM
...its not difficult to hit something with the Renga or Chuei, but it is difficult to hit max targets (3-3-4) with either one. Unless you're fighting a boss or other 3+ target enemy, you'll almost never get all the hits on all the targets. Still good PAs though.

Edit: but I wouldn't recommend it for an AT, as the second part is worthless without the third, so you'll be spamming the first part all day. Still probably does solid damage, but you might get bored with just the first part of the combo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aviendha on 2007-12-23 17:13 ]</font>

superdood22
Dec 23, 2007, 08:17 PM
you cant possibly have bad aim on this simple skill-less mash the button hack and slash game, there is no such thing as being good at this game because ST didnt made it where the enemies have simple square undefined hit boxes and clumpy knock back/up/down effects (Which is a HUGE bad thing btw).

the skill isnt difficult to use, just idiot ST made it where you back up during the crescent wave hit, making it almost virtually impossible to get your PA combo fully in.

Reipard
Dec 23, 2007, 08:40 PM
you cant possibly have bad aim on this simple skill-less mash the button hack and slash game, there is no such thing as being good at this game because ST didnt made it where the enemies have simple square undefined hit boxes and clumpy knock back/up/down effects (Which is a HUGE bad thing btw).

What the freak is that supposed to mean?

Kylie
Dec 23, 2007, 08:51 PM
On 2007-12-23 15:43, EphekZ wrote:
ah damn, when the topic said dagger PA I assumed he meant single dagger.
Thanks for the vid, anyway.

Anytime. By the way, I started using lock on with renga, and it's helped me hit things better. Though it makes me very dizzy. >_>;