PDA

View Full Version : The Robots and how to eat them.

ShinMaruku
Dec 23, 2007, 02:46 PM
They really test my nerves with their craziness and the limited damage get to me.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
How best to blow them way?
For my Newman I think teching them to hell would work, but what to use for my female Beast? Is Angora Jabroga worth the delay to cut into those gits?

CelestialBlade
Dec 23, 2007, 02:56 PM
*looks at topic*

....OMNOMNOMNOM.

I'm going to assume that was a typo and move on.

As a Hunter, your best best is probably anything that does a lot of damage and also knocks down. So it seems to be that Axe skills would probably be the most effective, though you can't rule out Spears either. They're resistant but as long as you're doing a lot of damage you should be fine.

ShinMaruku
Dec 23, 2007, 03:15 PM
Tis no typo. I say when you kill them you eat them. >_>
I'll see about the axe. Knock back is really worth it

HaydenX
Dec 23, 2007, 04:32 PM
Nah, just keep a stack of scapes and tons of mates. Don't attack them, evenutally they will get bored of killing you and commit ritual seppuku.

Shade-
Dec 23, 2007, 04:34 PM
Kira Shot.

Oh, hunter, wait for rangers to come in with their deathfire.

biggabertha
Dec 23, 2007, 07:42 PM
I use Anga Dugrega Lv. 30 with a 28% Lightning Ank Pikor (1) with my Protranser and I deal a good deal of damage as well as knock them around. If you don't have access to an axe though, Twin Sabers seem to be very utility-like with quite a bit of punch in them too.

Ryuen
Dec 23, 2007, 07:48 PM
Any PA that knocks up or knocks back works as if they die while in midair they don't do their self-destruct sequence. Ironically I use Dus Majarra to bring the hammer down on them as I've trained myself to not spam Knock up and knock back constantly (Yeah...party friendliness and all)

ShinMaruku
Dec 23, 2007, 11:13 PM
Nanoblast work too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
However she hit them too far... >_>

F-Gattaca
Dec 24, 2007, 07:37 AM
On 2007-12-23 12:15, ShinMaruku wrote:
Tis no typo. I say when you kill them you eat them. >_>
I'll see about the axe. Knock back is really worth it

I don't, but my PM does. She says they taste like copper.

Raul DiUragano usually tries to keep them off their feet so they can't attack. This involves using the twin dagger PA, Hishou-thingymabobber-zan. This one is useful since it tosses mobs into the air but does not knock them backwards.

However, the bots love to swarm and surround their victims, so the storebought twin dagger PA Renkai-thingymabobber-zan is the tool of choice for dealing damage since it's quick and hits in all 360 degrees.

Raul alternates between the two moves if he is solo or in a party without ranger-types. Hishou to keep a few bots momentarily out of the fight, Renkai on those still on their feet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-12-24 04:40 ]</font>

Hrith
Dec 24, 2007, 08:43 AM
I would have thought Chikki Kyoren-jin to be a good way for FF do deal with robots ;s

ShinMaruku
Dec 24, 2007, 12:22 PM
They were spankin me.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Gizonde workls but I really love the daul sword PA. Juggle them to infinity.

Shiryuu
Dec 24, 2007, 05:36 PM
Chikki ftw.

Aviendha
Dec 24, 2007, 09:05 PM
On 2007-12-24 14:36, Shiryuu wrote:
Chikki ftw.

chibiLegolas
Dec 24, 2007, 09:20 PM
On 2007-12-23 16:48, Ryuen wrote:
Any PA that knocks up or knocks back works as if they die while in midair they don't do their self-destruct sequence. Ironically I use Dus Majarra to bring the hammer down on them as I've trained myself to not spam Knock up and knock back constantly (Yeah...party friendliness and all)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought knock-up or back will MAKE them self destruct. And knock-DOWN is the only one to prevent that.

Ryuen
Dec 24, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-12-24 18:20, chibiLegolas wrote:

On 2007-12-23 16:48, Ryuen wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought knock-up or back will MAKE them self destruct. And knock-DOWN is the only one to prevent that.

If you kill them when they get knocked-up they'll just explode safely without the nasty blast. I've seen this done so many times so I can assure you that it's safe to do knock up with robots. I noticed however that even if they get wiped out (knock-down) they STILL go through their self destruct sequence. Not sure if knock-back will do the same again but if they die when they get knocked back at least you won't be within blast radius

HaydenX
Dec 25, 2007, 12:24 AM
I just got killer shot (if you don't want the time investment...DO NOT GET KILLER SHOT).

GoldRidley
Dec 25, 2007, 02:06 AM
It's worth the investment for the utility it provides. And by investment I mean AFK leveling its bullet to 21 (and no higher, as 31+ basically increases the pp cost with no tangible benefit I know of). At that point it's pretty much boomheadshot boomheadshot when you point it at 100+ robots.