PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Targeting Problems With Force Character

Lirava
Dec 23, 2007, 06:46 PM
This may sound like a really stupid, noobish question, but I am having a lot of trouble targeting monsters as a force. I know it doesn't target automatically, really. Is there a certain button I need to be holding down or something to lock-on to monster so the fireballs, etc. don't just go flying past them, missing by inches?

funnymatt
Dec 24, 2007, 12:33 PM
No trick, just move towards them and you'll get lined up. If they move around a lot it becomes trickier, but it's not that bad as you begin to level up techs and their projectiles become larger.

JAFO22000
Dec 24, 2007, 12:36 PM
Practice, practice, practice. It's something one does not get when leveling techs unnaturally, which is why I don't recommend it. Starting with a little Diga and learning to hit creatures with that prepares you for higher levels when your Diga is bigger, yet the creatures are faster. Learn enemy movement patterns. Experiment with different techs to find the one which works the best for you.

Shiryuu
Dec 24, 2007, 12:52 PM
You can use the strafe/lock on button. Also, as long as you see a blue target/cursor, you'll most likely hit it.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 24, 2007, 12:58 PM
You could get a Nos-type spell once you get enough PA frags. They home in on your target as long as you hold the button down.

ThEoRy
Dec 24, 2007, 02:25 PM
I know exactly what you mean Lirava and I think I can help you here. I had the same problem when this game first came out. It was so different than aiming techs on PSO that I was missing frequently. Until I made an adjustment. This may be hard to explain but I'll try.

On PSO I would just use the left analog to line my self up, then I would press the left trigger (or in PSU's case the left bumper) so the camera would line up directly behind me. On PSU this same aiming technique was failing me because when you press the left bumper to line up the camera, it makes it swing further than it should. I would use the right analog to position the camera, then when I was lined up I would press the left bumper to line up/lock on and poof, the camera would always swing past where I actually wanted it causing me to miss. A lot.

Here's the adjustment. Always use the right stick to control the camera and line up the shot just as always. But then, take one micro step up towards the target BEFORE you press and/or hold the left bumper, then fire. The camera will go exactly where you intended this way and you will be "locked on" to your target in strafe mode enabling you to make any minor adjustments at this point if need be. I do it constantly: camera adjustment left, press up, fire. camera adjustment right, press up, fire. repeat

Pressing up before locking on is a must. Soon after you try it, it will begin to feel very natural this way. I couldn't imagine playing this game without it. I hope you give it a try and it works out for you as well. Just let me know if it does or you need any further explanation or help with this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ThEoRy on 2007-12-24 11:33 ]</font>

majan
Dec 24, 2007, 06:47 PM
try attaining a har/quick. it will make playing the class much funner becuase faster-firing techs allow you to react faster to wats happening in front of you,and will most likely heal your aiming problem.

ra-attacks though are still a pain to aim. it seems it's more random than anything else and I wish sega implemented some sort of post-cast aiming with ra- and nos- type spells. though if it was too much control over the tech post-cast it would be rather broken,but I think it would be nice to have a little more control over some techs.

but yeah practice take time getting used to stuff but I do reccomend getting a har/quick. they go for pretty cheap now.

pikachief
Dec 24, 2007, 07:15 PM
i dont have trouble with forces at all, i guess it jsut takes practice, cuz ra and gi spells are my favorite http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif