PDA

View Full Version : Japanese Dengeki Cup (PSU x DPS) details

EspioKaos
Dec 23, 2007, 08:41 PM
Shougai PSO (http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/071221c.html) recently posted information on the next event scheduled for the Japanese PC/PS2 servers. This information comes from the latest issue of Dengeki Online D.

This event is planned to begin in either February or March.
The concept behind the event is that of a theme park.
The core of the event will be based on party missions, though there will still be normal missions.
Numerous Dengeki branded and themed items will be released during the event. (Bukra Dengeki is the only one I can think of. Maybe Electro Heart, but I wonder what else?)
There will of course be event-themed lobbies.
Expect more information to surface in the coming weeks, as the upcoming January 11 issue of Dengeki PlayStation will have even more details on the event.

KyEmo
Dec 23, 2007, 08:43 PM
Another event?

Japan only I'm assuming...

Kylie
Dec 23, 2007, 08:44 PM
On 2007-12-23 17:43, KyEmo wrote:
Another event?

Japan only I'm assuming...

Assume nothing! *slap*

gryphonvii
Dec 23, 2007, 08:44 PM
we might get get down the line, IGN cup anyone?

EspioKaos
Dec 23, 2007, 08:46 PM
As long as they don't do the AOL Cup again. D: *shudder*

KyEmo
Dec 23, 2007, 08:46 PM
( //_;)

When does MAG end for the JP servers? Sometime In January I read...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KyEmo on 2007-12-23 17:47 ]</font>

Kylie
Dec 23, 2007, 08:50 PM
On 2007-12-23 17:46, EspioKaos wrote:
As long as they don't do the AOL Cup again. D: *shudder*

What did they do? Send you a bunch of AOL discs and tell you 'you've got mail'?

AxelgearVII
Dec 23, 2007, 08:55 PM
Did you catch wind of any of the suggestions they took into consideration a few months back? Might give a clue as to what we're getting.

EspioKaos
Dec 23, 2007, 08:55 PM
On 2007-12-23 17:46, KyEmo wrote:
( //_;)

When does MAG end for the JP servers? Sometime In January I read...

January 10.

On 2007-12-23 17:50, Lorelei wrote:
What did they do? Send you a bunch of AOL discs and tell you 'you've got mail'?

Almost as bad. I didn't participate in it since it was only on Blue Burst, but I recall there being some message you'd get saying "Wow, you're fast! You must be using AIM!" or something like that. I don't remember exactly, but it was embarrassing. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Telina
Dec 23, 2007, 09:15 PM
so... this is effectively the fourth event for the Japanese servers. we've had two if i'm correct, and their thinking about giving us one in january to make up for the rollback..... i really with we could get ANY info for our serves this far in advance.

i can only imagine the japanese players on the 360 servers regretting not playing on the PC >.<

Reipard
Dec 23, 2007, 09:20 PM
Almost as bad. I didn't participate in it since it was only on Blue Burst, but I recall there being some message you'd get saying "Wow, you're fast! You must be using AIM!" or something like that. I don't remember exactly, but it was embarrassing.

lol, it wasn't bad at all. If you ran one of the Maximum Attack missions when you meet a certain number of kills you get a 'Yeah-po!' and a message like 'You killed 50 enemies! Wow, you're fast! You must be using AOL!'

There were a few of these. It was embarrassing yeah, but I thought 1up's lame slogan was worse.

But what can you expect? It's 1up!!! *eerie music* One of the largest sites for video game information in North America.

The Yahoo MAG was even more embarrassing. Though I found it inadvertantly hilarious.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reipard on 2007-12-23 18:21 ]</font>

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 23, 2007, 09:25 PM
Dengeki is awesome, it would be tight to have an event with a different feel/scope to it. Here's to hoping NA gets a sponsor.

Kamica
Dec 23, 2007, 09:26 PM
On 2007-12-23 18:15, Telina wrote:
so... this is effectively the fourth event for the Japanese servers. we've had two if i'm correct, and their thinking about giving us one in january to make up for the rollback..... i really with we could get ANY info for our serves this far in advance.

i can only imagine the japanese players on the 360 servers regretting not playing on the PC >.<

1. Netchash Ultimate Attack
2. Famitsu Cup
3. 1st Anniversary Thanks Festa
4. Maximum Attack G
5. Dengeki Cup

That would be five

EspioKaos
Dec 23, 2007, 09:32 PM
On 2007-12-23 18:20, Reipard wrote:
lol, it wasn't bad at all. If you ran one of the Maximum Attack missions when you meet a certain number of kills you get a 'Yeah-po!' and a message like 'You killed 50 enemies! Wow, you're fast! You must be using AOL!'
That's it! I knew it was something like that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif But yeah, 1Up was on par with some of the stuff they said.

On 2007-12-23 18:20, Reipard wrote:
The Yahoo MAG was even more embarrassing. Though I found it inadvertantly hilarious.

I'd forgotten what it looked like so I looked it up just a second ago. Oh, man; I would've hated having that floating behind me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Telina
Dec 23, 2007, 09:33 PM
oh i forgot about the thanks festa, though now that you mention it i don't remember too much about it. that is, i don't remember as much hype as i do for other events, but my point remains valid.

perhaps its just harder to find sponsors for a video game outside of japan. or perhaps we're second class players i don't know. all i do know is ST of america is doing just a cracker jack job of publicising their own game.

and if anyone even REMOTELY thinks there's ANYTHING NOT SARCASTIC in that last sentence, i'll dock ten points of my "Faith in Humanity" meter

EspioKaos
Dec 23, 2007, 10:10 PM
On 2007-12-23 18:33, Telina wrote:
oh i forgot about the thanks festa, though now that you mention it i don't remember too much about it. that is, i don't remember as much hype as i do for other events, but my point remains valid.

You're right. Even though it was a pretty big thing at the time, Ambition of the Illuminus released in Japan the very next day after the event ended, so that kind of helped overshadow the whole thing. Basically, there were two missions, much like PSO's Toward the Future. You were put into a VR simulation that ran you through various scenarios, and ultimately you faced off against multiple bosses. Rare drop rates were boosted along with EXP payout and rare enemy sightings. Unlike the other events, there were no rewards to earn such two weeks of super holy light or free weapons.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 23, 2007, 10:56 PM
Sounds fun as heck... I hope we get the Festa missions, the MAG event and in summer I hope we get a US vers. of this Dengeki Theme-Park event... *sigh*

superdood22
Dec 23, 2007, 11:20 PM
A ROLLERCOASTER ROOM DECOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! (I hope) *shudders*

Magness
Dec 24, 2007, 12:39 AM
On 2007-12-23 18:26, Kamica wrote:

On 2007-12-23 18:15, Telina wrote:

1. Netchash Ultimate Attack
2. Famitsu Cup
3. 1st Anniversary Thanks Festa
4. Maximum Attack G
5. Dengeki Cup

That would be five

What about Guardian Boost Road? Was that considered an event?