PDA

View Full Version : AotI: What to do with a 50% yactdike (+Shadoog non-DOT bulle

Tita
Dec 24, 2007, 04:51 AM
50% ice that is.

nephew synth'd the thing, and let me borrow it.
i'm about to go test it out on my GT, but my initial thought is that this would be ideal for a more melee based character, so i'll use it on my WT when i switch back to one.

i know it's justifiably popular to focus on fire/virus shadoogs, but i'd like to hear some thoughts on non-DOT bullets for shadoogs and what class to pair them up with.

while 50% anything is nothing to sneeze at, i can't help but feel that this Shadoog's value is lessened because it's a non-DOT bullet.

is it? what do you think?

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 24, 2007, 05:24 AM
If you are a Human or a Newman this would be a good DPS weapon, otherwise the Status effects from the S ranks would be better. S rank shadoogs are really cheap anyway.

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 24, 2007, 05:36 AM
Ice isn't bad. Especially for beasts. If an enemy gets frozen, the next few attacks don't miss. That can save the person from taking damage, and from missing.

THE JACKEL

BlakLanner
Dec 24, 2007, 09:56 AM
I would say it still has some value. Ice is wonderful when paired up with a Slicer to help slow down the enemy's approach. I am more partial to confuse myself, but keep an Ice shadoog around as well.

PALRAPPYS
Dec 24, 2007, 11:14 AM
WT get Shadoogs?

Honestly, I'm not sure about that. I haven't checked though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Can anyone confirm this?

xzidanex
Dec 24, 2007, 11:16 AM
On 2007-12-24 08:14, PALRAPPYS wrote:
WT get Shadoogs?

Honestly, I'm not sure about that. I haven't checked though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Can anyone confirm this?

A rank and below.

PALRAPPYS
Dec 24, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-12-24 08:16, xzidanex wrote:

On 2007-12-24 08:14, PALRAPPYS wrote:
WT get Shadoogs?

A rank and below.

I assumed it would be A rank, but I forgot that they could actually use them. Thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mewnie
Dec 24, 2007, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I like pairing my ice R-Mag with dambarta. All that freeeeze :3

Just park myself at a chokepoint and let those little swarmers like Badiras come to me and watch them
get turned into ice cubes :3

Magness
Dec 24, 2007, 04:00 PM
I actually prefer the A rank to the S rank shadoogs/r-mags in every element except ground. The three round bursts from the A ranks do more damage and have three chances to stick a SE on a single enemy. The lasers from the S ranks hit multiple enemies, but only hits each enemy once. Therefor, it only has one chance to stick a SE. Also, the laser isn't very useful against the more mobile enemies. I've often seen my AF alts lasers sailing off the map without hitting anything because the mob slightly moved one direction or the other.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 24, 2007, 04:14 PM
I like the S rank shadoogs to tell the truth. If AFs would use something other than Slicers, S Shadoogs actually CAN hit stuff, and for pretty good damage too. But yeah, Shadoogs do some pretty nice damage, I can do like 420-500 per shot on a neutral monster, and close to 350-400 on the same element. And yeah, just because it isn't DoT doesn't mean that its bad. I like using Ice, or if you're using a Deva-zashi, a Thunder shadoog fits perfectly with it so that monsters can't attack at all (Deva silences things).

Aviendha
Dec 24, 2007, 07:35 PM
I like to pair a Dark Yactdike with my Spinning Strike saber for obnoxious mage enemies, since Confuse does the same thing as silence only better.

Tita
Dec 27, 2007, 08:00 PM
after a few runs with the ice shadoog with my GT, i gotta say i'm super impressed. i used it to help me level radiga on some frag runs, and it was extremely helpful... more helpful than i could have ever imagined. i can only imagine how useful it'll be on my WT!

i think i'm going to invest on a confuse shadoog for my WT. god i love confuse....