PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Is there a glitch with Mother Brain?

desturel
Dec 24, 2007, 10:12 AM
Has anyone else had a fight with motherbrain where she had infinite HP? I did a solo run of the mission and made it to mother brain in about 30 minutes (110 female Beast fF 13). I get to mother brain and proceed to spend another 90 minutes hitting her with Ikk Hikk and she doesn't die.

I leveled ikk hikk from 4 to 10 in that one fight and had to eventually abandon because I had to go to work.

If it wasn't for the fact that just the day before I duoed the mission in 36 minutes and soloed it before that in ~43 minutes I would think that I just wasn't doing enough damage.

Has this happened to anyone else?

The_Big_Show
Dec 24, 2007, 10:18 AM
Yea this happened to me as well, a party of 5 was just hammering away for about 50 minutes. For some reason though it was very fun and we couldnt stop laughing

Drithe
Dec 24, 2007, 11:26 AM
we had a party of 6 last night. took us over 30 minutes to kill Mother Brain. I guess none of us restocked on any items cause we ran out of most the items we needed for healing and photon chargers.(we had no techer to heal us).
We were yelling, "OMG-WTF-I-OUT-OF-POTIONS-WE-GONNA-DIE-SEGA-R-NOOBZ!" pretty much for 30 + minutes. But I got to tell you, that was the most fun I have had in a long time with this game. I couldnt do this all the time it would be a drag, but I hope the last boss in the game is that hard. lol.

End of Line.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Drithe on 2007-12-24 08:28 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 24, 2007, 11:28 AM
yea the last boss doesnt need to do 1-hit kills like fakis, it just has to take FOREVER! >.>

all awesome RPG's last boss's take AT LEAST 30min to beat http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif lol

it just has to look awesome, have cool attacks, be strong but not too strong, and last a long time!

chu-chu-chu
Dec 24, 2007, 11:28 AM
That suxxx!

I got a twin tornado board and a stun resist, but my friends and i killed her really fast on S I don't know if that means it's broken. what platform are u on? >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chu-chu-chu on 2007-12-24 08:29 ]</font>

chu-chu-chu
Dec 24, 2007, 11:30 AM
On 2007-12-24 08:28, pikachief wrote:
it just has to look awesome, have cool attacks, be strong but not too strong, and last a long time!

We're talking about vidja games, what a?re you talking about?

LULZ! AMIRITE!!!!?

Drithe
Dec 24, 2007, 11:35 AM
On 2007-12-24 08:28, chu-chu-chu wrote:
That suxxx!

I got a twin tornado board and a stun resist, but my friends and i killed her really fast on S I don't know if that means it's broken. what platform are u on? >_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chu-chu-chu on 2007-12-24 08:29 ]</font>

I was on my PS3, others were using thier ps2 and PC. It wasnt the platform. We were doing insane amounts of damage to it. After we got done we got one 9* vulcaline or something. THAT SUUUUCKED!!! But it did teach us a lesson.

That lesson being, "YOUNG PSU GRASSHOPPERS! It is not the destination or prizes you get, but it is the JOURNEY THAT MAKES YOU A STRONG GUARDIANPOO!" To that I say, "SHUT UP FOOOO! GIVE ME MY BLACKHEART!"

End of Line.

Mewnie
Dec 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
No, no mandatory 30 minute fights please. That's just boring. Make it interesting instead.

pikachief
Dec 24, 2007, 11:44 AM
that was dark fakis and everyone thought it was too easy..... at least i did http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

joluh
Dec 24, 2007, 12:15 PM
I wish we could have some glitch like this on PSU, or maybe make her very very ridiculously strong.

Golto
Dec 24, 2007, 12:23 PM
I'm interested in knowning if people who have had this hp glitch ever got both arms disabled at the same time or only went after the main part of Motherbrain?

desturel
Dec 24, 2007, 12:27 PM
chu-chu-chu, I'm on the 360.

Maybe she just have random hit points when you go into her fight. I just did the run again and beat her solo in 5 mins (36 minutes total for the run) which is faster than I have ever beaten her before. I wonder if it's worth asking Sega about.

JAFO22000
Dec 24, 2007, 12:34 PM
On 2007-12-24 08:30, chu-chu-chu wrote:

On 2007-12-24 08:28, pikachief wrote:

We're talking about vidja games, what a?re you talking about?

LULZ! AMIRITE!!!!?

OMG! Chu-chu-chu, I played with you last night and we when we found the twin tornado board, but you got it I was like all "congrats", but I really wanted it so I can sell it and make meseta but oh well it was really fun to play with you and your a good palayer!!

Angelo
Dec 24, 2007, 12:49 PM
It kind've reminds me of those 'side-final-bosses' in RPGs where sometimes you can get them good, but sometimes you MUST lose, no way around it. In that aspect it's neat

This formula however is not so neat in an Online RPG..

Astarin
Dec 24, 2007, 01:24 PM
I'm wondering if there's a glitch too. Spent close to an hour fighting Mother Brain, on B, with two other level 45-50ish friends. We were just... we figured something was wrong with that. Either there's a glitch, or a lot of us are missing something really important.

FnalKnight
Dec 24, 2007, 03:29 PM
A good final boss bombards you with percentage based attacks. IE an attack that always does 85% of your max HP regardless of level etc. A good final boss is one that you always feel "oh gawd if I screw up I'm dead" not "awww... cheap shot".

Luckily I haven't run into this God Mode Mother Brain. But maybe soon. Also may I ask if this is for both servers or just 360 or just PC/PS2?

Shadow_Wing
Dec 24, 2007, 04:20 PM
Well I've soloed her a lot and haven't encountered this.

I'm just wondering if you guys are concentrating on damaging her arms cause that has no bearing to her actually being killed, the only damage that counts is the 4 points on her main body, one on her head, one an her chest and the points on her 2 smaller arms.

Mikura
Dec 24, 2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah, like Wren said, I haven't really encountered this either. I think some of you may be focusing on the wrong parts of her body. When I solo or my friends do it, we attack the arms until her shield is disabled, then attack her body. She drops dead every time. >_>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 24, 2007, 04:44 PM
On 2007-12-24 13:29, Thanubis wrote:

On 2007-12-24 13:20, Shadow_Wing wrote:
Well I've soloed her a lot and haven't encountered this.

I'm just wondering if you guys are concentrating on damaging her arms cause that has no bearing to her actually being killed, the only damage that counts is the 4 points on her main body, one on her head, one an her chest and the points on her 2 smaller arms.Unless Sega completely reprogrammed her in relation to offline mode, you can kill her by damaging her arms.

They did. Can't kill her damaging her arms, or she would die much more faster when she doesn't spam her shield (killing one of her arms makes her spam her shield less and killing both makes the shield non-existent till one of the arms are regenerated, only reason to damage her arms. For damage approximation, I deal about 1k digas currently which is only lvl 15, and pump about 9k into her arms when they go down and I deal about 12k per just PA into her main body. In theory she should die just as a bit slower when she spams her shield but when I damage her main body I find myself using the same amount of PP on my buccaneer when she spams her shield)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-24 13:47 ]</font>

Golto
Dec 24, 2007, 05:06 PM
Actually I have killed Mother Brain online with the last hit being to one of its big drill arms doing that slam then sweeping attack.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 24, 2007, 05:11 PM
On 2007-12-24 14:06, Golto wrote:
Actually I have killed Mother Brain online with the last hit being to one of its big drill arms doing that slam then sweeping attack.

Sure u didn't damage the main body or some1 else did? Cause I don't get the shield entirely cause sometimes u can damage her when it's up o_O?

Golto
Dec 24, 2007, 05:16 PM
I was solo and I'm pretty sure I didn't hit the main body.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 24, 2007, 05:20 PM
Well maybe she heals her arm damage as main HP or something, I know hitting the arms is a futile effort. One time she kept on spamming her shield but I couldn't get her arms down fast enough and that was the longest fight, I think it took me about 10 mins to down her that time.

Reipard
Dec 24, 2007, 05:36 PM
If her arms are 'dead' the damage you do to them counts towards the main body.

gambit04
Dec 24, 2007, 05:53 PM
This has happened to me and I was glad it did...

I was in this random party 4 players and 2 bots. We were playing along and about the 3rd block some 9* weapon drops someone gets it and I think nothing of it...then I hear "{players name} quit trying to steal my items" and the leader boots. I'm like wtf was that and the other guy also didn't know what was up. At that moment I'm thinking god I hope this isn't one of those guys that boots at boss boxes.

We continue along and make our way to the boss I toss the buffs us and we take the portal. The leader starts taking out the arms and so does the other guy I head up and start wailing on the face of mother brain and run back now and then to heal the other two. I hear the leader say to the other guy "{players name} go ahead and attack the body" after like 2 seconds given to respond he then gets the boot. I'm like great just me and him now I"m definatly getting the boots after we kill this guy. I'm a bit upset over the whole situation but figure eh I dont' really need the items I just want the xp, mp, and frags...

Turns out it was the glitch I'm laugh the whole time we are fighting this thing b/c it won't die and the leader keeps saying don't worry it's almost dead. He says this like five times to me before he says "Do you think it is almost dead?" He eventually leaves the party and leaves me to finish the battle if only I could have killed mother brain. I ended up dying w/o any scapes but to see boss box booters get screwed for a change is nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

desturel
Dec 24, 2007, 06:19 PM
On 2007-12-24 14:53, gambit04 wrote:
I ended up dying w/o any scapes but to see boss box booters get screwed for a change is nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mother Brain is really lenient. I was running with my PM (433) and ran out of heals about 45 minutes in. I had to rely on my PM healing me (the 433 heals when she or you are at 50% health) I was able to stay alive and not use any scapes with just the PM's heals by running back and forth between the main body and the back of the area. Her long range attacks are pretty weak, so the only thing I had to worry about was the arm smash.

Of course you didn't have a PM with you and were probably out of PP on your heals. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

gambit04
Dec 24, 2007, 06:27 PM
On 2007-12-24 15:19, desturel wrote:

On 2007-12-24 14:53, gambit04 wrote:
I ended up dying w/o any scapes but to see boss box booters get screwed for a change is nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Mother Brain is really lenient. I was running with my PM (433) and ran out of heals about 45 minutes in. I had to rely on my PM healing me (the 433 heals when she or you are at 50% health) I was able to stay alive and not use any scapes with just the PM's heals by running back and forth between the main body and the back of the area. Her long range attacks are pretty weak, so the only thing I had to worry about was the arm smash.

Of course you didn't have a PM with you and were probably out of PP on your heals. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

What got me was a mutiple attack from her I got hit by the discs she throws out and also the missles at the same time I was doing pretty good on my own for a bit letting my incinvible beast charge up from the hits I was taking but throwing two at once caught me off guard.

Golto
Dec 24, 2007, 06:28 PM
Ok I looked at the area where I was and I know for a fact now that the grenade shot that killed Mother Brain against one of the big drill arms couldn't reach the main body. So it appears the big drill arms shares it hp pool with the main body.

I think people are misintrepting the voice that says '... arm is restored' as something like a resta to it. Think of being restored like Omna/ Dimma's wings being restored. They can be used again but the damage you did to disable them is not negated.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
On 2007-12-24 15:28, Golto wrote:
Ok I looked at the area where I was and I know for a fact now that the grenade shot that killed Mother Brain against one of the big drill arms couldn't reach the main body. So it appears the big drill arms shares it hp pool with the main body.

I think people are misintrepting the voice that says '... arm is restored' as something like a resta to it. Think of being restored like Omna/ Dimma's wings being restored. They can be used again but the damage you did to disable them is not negated.

Which is what I figured but at the same time it's still the same amount of damage needed for me to deal to the main body, with or without arm damage...

Something is screwy with this boss to say the least.

Golto
Dec 24, 2007, 06:43 PM
They still haven't fixed the Omna/Dimma Wing damage threshold glitch so it seems they have a problem coding bosses that have parts you can disable.

I was actually surprised when Mother Brain did die though because I thought, like some others, that only damage to the main body counted.

Ryno
Dec 24, 2007, 08:29 PM
I think mother brain needs a second form like Dulk. to make it more challenging..

pikachief
Dec 24, 2007, 08:30 PM
too bad its not getting one http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif