PDA

View Full Version : Dizas and rentis

hewitt
Dec 24, 2007, 11:41 AM
Ive seen maya use dizas and ive seen monsters use rentis in lightining beasts are we ever going to get them?does offline mode have them? any info will be helpful_besides what they do since i already know http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

pikachief
Dec 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
im pretty sure it was available in V1 offline and no i dont think we'll ever get them

Krisan
Dec 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
It seems awful pointless to have even created a player-based version of the spells if they had no intention of ever giving them to the playerbase online. <_<

daniel_drago
Dec 24, 2007, 11:56 AM
I don't see why they would give us them at the moment, I don't fidn the game that hard any more. The only boss i wouldn't dare try and take is magashi in desert goliath (??) because, well that mission is damn right gay and the omnagoug cause he can kill me in one hit of purple zone whic makes me cry insdie http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

with those spells the game would be incredibly easy and there would be no point playing this game anymore whats so ever.

Krisan
Dec 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
The spells only negate.. I think, two-three hits offline. All they'd really need to do to balance it would be to give it a huge PP cost online, and have the amount of hits it could absorb scale differently. (1-10 1 Hit, 11-20 2 hits, etc..) I honestly can't imagine any self respecting Force would have the patience to recast those two damned spells every few seconds, especially not if it did indeed cost an absurd amount of PP per casting.

Krisan
Dec 24, 2007, 12:16 PM
I'm aware they can offline, I'm saying they could be better balanced online to prevent that.

Umberger
Dec 24, 2007, 12:30 PM
I believe in Online mode (from Maya/GH 452) that Dizas and Rentis don't negate damage completely, but they have a very high reduction of damage...or something like that. I think they affect only the caster now, but I haven't tested that out, so sorry if it's wrong. =p

Spellbinder
Dec 24, 2007, 12:33 PM
On 2007-12-24 09:30, Umberger wrote:
I believe in Online mode (from Maya/GH 452) that Dizas and Rentis don't negate damage completely, but they have a very high reduction of damage...or something like that. I think they affect only the caster now, but I haven't tested that out, so sorry if it's wrong. =p

That's about it in a nutshell. Last I checked online, they reduce damage based on your HP or something along those lines. If damage should happen to exceed what your Dizas / Rendis can block you simply take reduced damage.

Krisan
Dec 24, 2007, 12:42 PM
On 2007-12-24 09:29, Thanubis wrote:
I don't know how they could be balanced properly without ruining them. There are ways to reduce high PP costs, and I'm sure people would abuse them regardless, just like they do with slicers and machine guns.

I'd rather have access to a ruined spell than be denied access to it completely, honestly. And yea, it has been ages since an NPC cast it on me online, (mainly because, they can no longer cast it on you online now) so I didn't remember until it was just mentioned.. but what they said does sound about right, and I'd say that's not a terrible way to balance it online really, so eh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-24 09:47 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Dec 24, 2007, 12:50 PM
Last I checked (and they may have changed it again), the "self-only" versions of Rentis and Dizas still affected others, the range is just miniscule.

Spellbinder
Dec 24, 2007, 12:52 PM
I'd like it simply to have a little extra protection for the few times I do get hit as a Fortecher.