PDA

View Full Version : i have a small speculation going...

daniel_drago
Dec 24, 2007, 11:47 AM
hey, right then some people may have noticed if you havnt you best go and check that rangers were given b rank grenades when kolt gun was released.

so after looking thro the item database to look for something in particular, Stag Cutlery, i noticed it also was B rank, now im assuming that maybe in a upcoming update we may see hunters get B rank double-sabers or even some more of the fighter classes getting them because to be honest i think fighunners only getting Dsaber is a bunch of gay. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

xzidanex
Dec 24, 2007, 11:50 AM
I doubt they're going to make any changes to what weapons each class can use at this point. But it would be nice.

daniel_drago
Dec 24, 2007, 11:51 AM
well seing as they've given ranger a new weap, and theyve given certian classes Sranks insted of A (WT) i dont se why they wudnt give fighter classes A rank Dsaber.

Pillan
Dec 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
Hunters got B rank claws actually. That way they can use Nei's Claw and Silence Claw.

xzidanex
Dec 24, 2007, 11:54 AM
Well the ranger change came with AoI, but I did forget about the wartecher changes they made after we had already had AoI. Either way, I still don't see them doing it, but again, it would be nice, so hopefully you're right.

Krisan
Dec 24, 2007, 11:56 AM
Well, Hunters also got a B in claws, which I assume is to allow them to use the Neiclaw.. That said, doesn't seem terribly unlikely Hunter would get a B in Doubles.. Though I doubt any other class (with the possible exception of the unreleased master classes which we will see in the future) will ever get the Doubles, honestly.

xzidanex
Dec 24, 2007, 11:57 AM
When did they get B claws? Was that one that came with AoI as well?

daniel_drago
Dec 24, 2007, 12:00 PM
like i said its a speculation because why would they make stag a B rank if no class can use B ranks? so im assumi ng hunters maybe able to in a upcoming patch and they may even give A rank to certian fighter classes which tbh would make sense seein as ...actually no ill shut up there coz for some odd reason ur classes do tend to just forget how to use certian weaps ...sorry ive been drinkin for 2 hours im suprised i havnt made hugge spelling mistakes by now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Pillan
Dec 24, 2007, 12:08 PM
My bet right now is that Fighmaster has a B rank double saber cap, rather than double sabers being added to a basic class. But, yes, I agree entirely that it does seem unusual to release a B rank double saber when the only class that can equip them can use them up to S. To support that, Vahra claw was changed from 4 star offline to 7 star online (the description of the board even says it's still 4 star).

Mysterious-G
Dec 24, 2007, 12:09 PM
Stag Cutlery is a event item though, so I wouldn't really count it.
But it being a B ranked weapon indeed is strange, since only FG can use them, and that on S.
But yeah.. SEGA. :O

daniel_drago
Dec 24, 2007, 12:15 PM
right....firstly i dont believe in 'masterclasses' so that part of the discussion has been dropped on its head off the top of a 40 story building....
anyway yeh i believe it is an event item but still B rank donest make sense at all if it was an event item ONLY shurely they'de make it Arank seeing as chainsawd is an A rank also a remake of a PSO weapon
so why not stag being an A rank then this speculation wouldnt of started and people like me wouldnt be typin endless dribble

Pillan
Dec 24, 2007, 12:19 PM
The master classes exist (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165074&forum=20&start=30&45#34) and Fighmaster, Gunmaster, and Masterforce will be added to online PSU in some form or fashion next month on the Japanese servers. All that's up for debate anymore is what they will do.

daniel_drago
Dec 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
also just lookin over this topic i could be wrong but i dont think i am alot has been changed in the sense of the basic classes weaps list, all of them get machineguns i swear this was a ranger weap only but forces and hunts get them Crank it does seem they are going to be makin changes to classes to form some kind of balance in weap usage and i believe that more fighter classes should get Dsaber no other class gets a special weap all t them selves, being a Ramar on pso and usin stag was awesome so why should i hav to be a faguner to use the same weap. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Golto
Dec 24, 2007, 12:20 PM
Heh at least 3 out of the 4 master types have been comfirmed by ST to be online eventually so you can't dismiss them. I don't see any point in changing any of the basic types weapon selections. Even new people don't stay as a basic type for long with the massive MP that can be earned on AOI c rank missions.

daniel_drago
Dec 24, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-12-24 09:19, Pillan wrote:
The master classes exist (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165074&forum=20&start=30&45#34) and Fighmaster, Gunmaster, and Masterforce will be added to online PSU in some form or fashion next month on the Japanese servers. All that's up for debate anymore is what they will do.

finw i was wrong and now may drop me off a 40 story building and claim i dont exsist lol....i dont understand how 'masters' will work as ive had discussion with friends on PSU about this and we dont see how they could make them balance out...anyway *sleeps*

lethe
Dec 24, 2007, 12:23 PM
On 2007-12-24 09:00, daniel_drago wrote:
like i said its a speculation because why would they make stag a B rank if no class can use B ranks? so im assumi ng hunters maybe able to in a upcoming patch and they may even give A rank to certian fighter classes which tbh would make sense seein as ...actually no ill shut up there coz for some odd reason ur classes do tend to just forget how to use certian weaps ...sorry ive been drinkin for 2 hours im suprised i havnt made hugge spelling mistakes by now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

figunner can use a b rank double saber

Bliven
Dec 24, 2007, 12:25 PM
One thing I'd like to add, I don't doubt they add B rank doubles to hunter. They added B rank grenade launchers to Ranger cause of Koltova Cannon

daniel_drago
Dec 24, 2007, 12:27 PM
On 2007-12-24 09:23, lethe wrote:

On 2007-12-24 09:00, daniel_drago wrote:

figunner can use a b rank double saber

yes yes hthey can but why add a B rank Dsaber this late on i dont get it it doesnt make sense, this is why im speculatiing that hunters may get Brank Dsabers and maybe JUST maybe some other fighter classes will get A rank if they dont then fine if they do then ill get my self a stag and actually use it (altho i detest Dsabers in every way altho i havnt tried there PA's but normal atcks suck like hell IMHO--dont kill me please).

Pillan
Dec 24, 2007, 12:36 PM
Well, I agree with the general point of the topic. Before Stag Cutlery, if a weapon could only be equipped by a class that had an A or S rank cap in that weapon, no versions of that weapon appeared below 7 star. So the existence of a B rank double saber does hint that a class will have a B rank double saber cap.

That leads me to expect 2 possible outcomes: either the new class, Fighmaster, has a B rank double saber cap, or with the new classes comes another class rebalancing in which some other class or classes receive B rank double sabers.

Sychosis
Dec 24, 2007, 12:58 PM
Or they could just be for low level Fighgunners considering that you can get to the type within two hours of starting a new character :/

Krisan
Dec 24, 2007, 01:11 PM
On 2007-12-24 09:20, Golto wrote:
Heh at least 3 out of the 4 master types have been comfirmed by ST to be online eventually so you can't dismiss them. I don't see any point in changing any of the basic types weapon selections. Even new people don't stay as a basic type for long with the massive MP that can be earned on AOI c rank missions.

I thought the same thing earlier, especially since things like the Neiclaw have a rather high ATP requirement.. but then I realized.. A high level player who hasn't yet leveled a basic type to unlock another class could very well take advantage of it.. albeit, for a very, very short time. =P

On 2007-12-24 09:58, Sychosis wrote:
Or they could just be for low level Fighgunners considering that you can get to the type within two hours of starting a new character :/

I considered this too, and it makes the most sense. But uh, ever since the classes were rebalanced.. everyone has a huge ATP and ATA pool right off the bat. Hell, even before the stat change, my Cast at level 20 (as a Fortegunner) could equip 9*+ ranged weaponry.. And although I don't know the ATP requirement on the Stag Cutlery, if it is anything like the Neiclaw, its requirement probably isn't any lower than an A-Rank weapon anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-24 10:47 ]</font>

Pillan
Dec 24, 2007, 01:12 PM
The requirement is 343. You can equip either 7 star double saber before that.

Sychosis
Dec 24, 2007, 01:35 PM
On 2007-12-24 10:12, Pillan wrote:
The requirement is 343. You can equip either 7 star double saber before that.

Well now, that IS interesting...