PDA

View Full Version : Economy in PSU

idon
Dec 24, 2007, 01:30 PM
I work at my job alot, but when I log in and throw my items up for sale, the next week, they are either too low, or too high. Has anyone noticed this? Maybe I don't play enough to figure out the pattern, but I figured we could start a little discussion about it.

My main topics about this are:

Why does it fluctuate so much?
Does it depend on the day of the week?
What am I missing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: idon on 2007-12-24 10:30 ]</font>

daniel_drago
Dec 24, 2007, 01:33 PM
people just generealy have no idea how much an itme is worth ive seen 8* weps that ocst roughly 160K go for 250k then the 9* version goin for 500k i think its a bit mad that prices are how they are. And on earth are svaltus swords still over 10mil nearly everytime i look theyve been olut sinse the dawn of time why do u ppl put them up for so much ive seen a riban goin for 2mil which was strgoner than ur 10mil+ svaltus

beatrixkiddo
Dec 24, 2007, 01:35 PM
People are constantly buying things, but with a low population like we have, you're not going to be having a steady stream of customers, which makes for more time for others to undercut you.

Maybe.

Sychosis
Dec 24, 2007, 01:37 PM
Everyone is trying to undercut everyone else, which drives prices down. Then people buy up all the cheap ones to resell at a higher price for a profit.

SyThaGhost730
Dec 24, 2007, 01:38 PM
New updates affect it, Since just about the whole community is going to that area to try it out and end up needing new things...i've been selling 30%+ dark and lightening armors and light muktrands for the passed couple days,thanks to mother brain.

DanMalak
Dec 24, 2007, 01:42 PM
How can you tell if you put in an item for to low if you log in weekly?

CelestialBlade
Dec 24, 2007, 01:45 PM
There's also the people that just come in with absolutely no understanding of economics and just throw items up for whatever price they think is fit, without doing the research first. I think that and every other reason thus far posted is the reason the PSU economy is so screwy.

Tokagero
Dec 24, 2007, 01:45 PM
I see it as since we don't have anybody controlling our market we get to choose our own prices to sell things and most of us want money now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif so we put our items up for less than the lowest one on the "search by condition" option. If that doesn't sell soon enough then other people will start putting theres lower than yours and if enough people do that the prices will drop for a period of time.
If a lot of people are wanting a certain item at around the same time they'll buy the cheapest items on they see which will get rid of the lower prices and ater that, the people that put up there items will put them up lower than the highest price at the time as stated before. BUT the lowest price will be higher than normal because all of the cheap items of that type will already be bought causing the seller to think that he is selling it for a good price.
IF you can understand that, that is my view XD
I can barely understand it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Randomness
Dec 24, 2007, 01:49 PM
Its a combination of greed, people not understanding economic forces, people not using the lovely new condition search, and of course, actual economic forces such as what mission is popular.

And some more greed.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 24, 2007, 01:57 PM
95% of the shops players have are made of FAIL.
But things are *slowly* improving a little bit.

chron1
Dec 24, 2007, 02:09 PM
I was also noticing how odd the economy of PSU is, but it's all based on what missions are popular or just what the new items people are wanting may be. When I sell things in my shop I look at what tohers are selling that same item for and price it lower by just a bit to get the deal. Most of the things in shop sell in less than 24hrs.

HaydenX
Dec 24, 2007, 04:44 PM
Another thing that factors into the economy...A lot more meseta is floating around right now, so people are more lax with it. It takes forever to sell mates in a shop now, because everyone seems to be buying that stuff from the NPC. Also, because certain missions get to be poular, there will be a greater need for some items (and different missions provide different amounts of money). Plus, there are items which are strictly better than others. (example of this is Rappy mode vs. garment aura, vs. Hard / Stamina). I love how chaotic the economy is, because it doesn't matter...the NPC shops will never change.

physic
Dec 24, 2007, 04:58 PM
real economy fluctuates a lot as well, look at the stock market. In this game though you can predict somewhat how things are going to sell
annnnd far as selling meds in a shop, ehhh not really worth it less im gonna go back to my room to restock after every mission, not like i can pull items from storage during a mission.