PDA

View Full Version : Reverse Trap

Leahcim
Dec 24, 2007, 08:08 PM
Um... I thought this bow was Girl-Only

http://www.mithra.to/~psu/uploader/src/psu9630.jpg

I'm questioning the 'male' PM'sMasculinity GENDER.

Is it a dood or a girl? :/

pikachief
Dec 24, 2007, 08:15 PM
its a blonde boy with makeup and short shorts, he also shaves his legs.

this "boy" uses the bunny rod, love-bow and magical wand, which are all girl weapons....

i told my friends before "all the male PMs will either look like little emo boys or most likely they'll all be girls with boy names"

beatrixkiddo
Dec 24, 2007, 09:28 PM
So how does your logic explain Lumia (a Guntecher) using Rods?

How about Lou (a Hunter) using Double Sabers, Rods, and Rifles?

He's an NPC, he can use whatever the hell the programmers want him to use. In this case, he uses cutesy weapons, to go with his "bishounen" style.

pikachief
Dec 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
well its just the fact that its a girl boy who looks like a girl and uses all girl weapons >.>

beatrixkiddo
Dec 24, 2007, 09:35 PM
So why is a Boy using Female-only weapons any worse than a Guntecher using Fortetecher-only weapons?

JeffPaine
Dec 24, 2007, 10:24 PM
All the PMs so far have been lolis, and apparently all the shotacon fans made their voices loud enough in Japan for Sonic Team to add a shota PM.

There's always the butler if you feel too gay playing with using GH470

YUKI_N
Dec 24, 2007, 10:29 PM
On 2007-12-24 18:28, beatrixkiddo wrote:
He's an NPC, he can use whatever the hell the programmers want him to use. In this case, he uses cutesy weapons, to go with his "bishounen" style.

It's just funny how Sega goes out of their way to create weapons with pointless race/gender restrictions, then doesn't even adhere to them with their own characters. Total hypocrisy

Mystral
Dec 24, 2007, 11:55 PM

Technically, the NPCs all follow Offline restrictions. In the offline game, everyone gets Wand and Rod up to C or B rank, at least. Hunters get Rifles, too, and a lot of other weapons at that.

Some of these other restrictions present in the online game may also not exist there; that, or these "male" PMs aren't male at all. Check their photon luck, they normally follow the luck table for caseals; if they still do, they're not male, just look like it.

Wash
Dec 25, 2007, 12:09 AM
Kinda off topic, does anyone have any more pictures of the new PMs? That would be awesome.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 25, 2007, 12:21 AM
On 2007-12-24 20:55, Mystral wrote:

Technically, the NPCs all follow Offline restrictions. In the offline game, everyone gets Wand and Rod up to C or B rank, at least. Hunters get Rifles, too, and a lot of other weapons at that.

Some of these other restrictions present in the online game may also not exist there; that, or these "male" PMs aren't male at all. Check their photon luck, they normally follow the luck table for caseals; if they still do, they're not male, just look like it.

Actually, I think they started randomizing luck for NPCs... but I'm not 100% sure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HaydenX
Dec 25, 2007, 12:27 AM
On 2007-12-24 21:21, beatrixkiddo wrote:

Actually, I think they started randomizing luck for NPCs... but I'm not 100% sure http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I doubt it, they all had 3* last week and today Hyuuga ryght had 2* just like Funky.GUN (both human males).

beatrixkiddo
Dec 25, 2007, 12:52 AM
I meant on the JP servers, in a patch around the time they got these new PMs. I'm not sure where I heard it though.

Aviendha
Dec 25, 2007, 02:47 AM

There is no Guntecher offline...and Lumia uses S rank Rod, not C or B.

F-Gattaca
Dec 25, 2007, 03:02 AM
Well, guys, maybe "he" really IS a reverse trap.

After all ... you need to have a fully developed Partner Machine with a specific battle stat before you can feed it the boy-making PM EX device, right?

And don't all fully developed partner machines turn into miniature women?

Check offline weapon availabity for Hunter to see why Lou can use those weapons. Most NPCs are following the offline mode rules for type restrictions and abilities.

Better yet, play offline mode and see it for yourself.

This may or may not apply to NPCs specifically labeled with an advanced/expert/experimental type--the label could be just that, a label, while their ruleset is governed by offline mechanics. In other words, there might be no practical distinction between NPCs labeled as a Basic type, and those labeled as an Advanced/Expert/Experimental type.

For example ... what all weapons does Lumia use other than S-rank rods? She might actually be an Offline Force labeled as a Guntecher.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-12-25 00:14 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 25, 2007, 03:06 AM
well all sailor scouts turn into women male or female so y not PMs!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

beatrixkiddo
Dec 25, 2007, 03:08 AM
I've played Offline Mode. Thanks for the thinly veiled attack, though. The point I was making was that NPCs can use whatever the hell they want, whether it be Type-restricted, Gender-restricted, or otherwise.

pikachief
Dec 25, 2007, 03:09 AM
that still doesnt change the fact that the PM looks and acts like a girl (uses girl weapons)

beatrixkiddo
Dec 25, 2007, 03:14 AM
Yes, it does. My point is, why's it a big deal? He's hardly the first NPC to use weird/unsuited weapons.

F-Gattaca
Dec 25, 2007, 03:23 AM
On 2007-12-25 00:08, beatrixkiddo wrote:
The point I was making was that NPCs can use whatever the hell they want, whether it be Type-restricted, Gender-restricted, or otherwise.

The point I and others have made is that, in the case of many NPCs, they are following the same ruleset players use in the offline mode of the game. They technically are not violating weapon restriction rules. Therefore, for the purpose of speculation it's a cop-out to simply dismiss it out of hand the way you are doing.

That Sega didn't make them use Online mode rulesets doesn't change this. In fact, it's logical and justifiable from both speculative and practical points of view to keep NPCs tied to offline type restrictions, as a character that can Resta the party when their own health is low is more useful than a character with a finite amount of restoratives. This assuming a character with Resta and a character with 'mates would heal with the same frequency, of course.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: F-Gattaca on 2007-12-25 00:24 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
Dec 25, 2007, 11:15 AM
Lou can use a laser cannon offline, hunters cannot, NPCs do what they want.

ErtaiClou
Dec 25, 2007, 01:54 PM
And GH451 using a halarod makes me smile.

F-Gattaca
Dec 25, 2007, 05:02 PM
On 2007-12-25 08:15, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

Which I have never ever seen before. Rifles are the only thing I've seen Lou use in combat, and even then rarely--she almost always switches to a melee weapon.

I'd like to see pics of this.

Dragwind
Dec 25, 2007, 05:52 PM
Lmao, who cares. You people are repeating your posts over, and over, and over.

Weeaboolits
Dec 25, 2007, 11:04 PM
On 2007-12-25 14:02, F-Gattaca wrote:

Lou can use a laser cannon offline, hunters cannot, NPCs do what they want.Which I have never ever seen before. Rifles are the only thing I've seen Lou use in combat, and even then rarely--she almost always switches to a melee weapon.

I'd like to see pics of this.She used it virtually every time a flying enemy appeared in the original PSU, although, she wasn't too keen on firing it. I would take a cap, but I'm on PS2, additionally, I no longer have the original PSU.

Faye-Faye
Dec 25, 2007, 11:22 PM
D'you guys realize how dumb you're being? XD The original poster probably only posted this for a laugh, because they thought it was FUNNY that little boys were using fem-only weapons. Some people in here (not that they're getting bent outta shape, cause they're not) are just repeating themselves a little too much.

OK. Little boy PMs are using girl weapons. Laugh at it and move on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Aviendha
Dec 25, 2007, 11:54 PM
On 2007-12-25 20:22, Faye-Faye wrote:
D'you guys realize how dumb you're being? XD The original poster probably only posted this for a laugh, because they thought it was FUNNY that little boys were using fem-only weapons. Some people in here (not that they're getting bent outta shape, cause they're not) are just repeating themselves a little too much.

OK. Little boy PMs are using girl weapons. Laugh at it and move on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I think you're underestimating the deep significance of a debate on PM weapon usage. The impact of this thread will be so great that it will be stickied and made required reading to sign up for a PSOW account.

Weeaboolits
Dec 26, 2007, 12:08 AM
Discussing PSU on a PSU forum is stupid? When did this happen?

ErtaiClou
Dec 26, 2007, 01:40 AM
On 2007-12-25 22:07, Thanubis wrote:

Lou can use a laser cannon offline, hunters cannot.I can verify this. I haven't seen her use it often, but she does use it against Tengohgs. The first time she whipped it out I was like, "WTF is that!?".

Yeah the first time I saw her whip it out was along the shikon area where you fight seed-magashi offline I thought it was a SUV and for the first time "cast supremacy" entered my mine.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 26, 2007, 01:51 AM
On 2007-12-25 22:07, Thanubis wrote:

The first time she whipped it out I was like, "WHAT the HECK is THAT? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx347oDXJdc)".

F-Gattaca
Dec 26, 2007, 02:13 AM
On 2007-12-25 20:04, Ronin_Cooper wrote:

She used it virtually every time a flying enemy appeared in the original PSU, although, she wasn't too keen on firing it. I would take a cap, but I'm on PS2, additionally, I no longer have the original PSU.

I'm afraid bolding and underlining the word "offline" in your original post does not invalidate what I said in response to you.

I played around in PSU Extra Mode and beat Story Mode.

I personally did not see Lou use a laser cannon.

Ever.

Not even against flying mobs.

Same goes for online play.

And yes, I even brought Lou on free missions where there were flying enemies. I did not see her use a laser cannon even then. She mostly stuck to her double saber and twin sabers.

By the way, you guys might care to take note that if she really does use a laser cannon, then I'm pretty sure the weapons she does use fall into the Ranger category of offline type restrictions.

You'll note that offline Rangers are allowed use of A-rank double sabers and twin sabers on top of S-rank rifles and laser cannons.

I'm starting to think that for NPCs, what I said earlier applies universally: "the label could be just that, a label, while their ruleset is governed by offline mechanics. In other words, there might be no practical distinction between NPCs labeled as a Basic type, and those labeled as an Advanced/Expert/Experimental type."

Except apply that to basic type labels, too. Perhaps a character's type restrictions and type stats are not governed by the same label, and that Lou is meant to be a Ranger with Hunter stats.

pikachief
Dec 26, 2007, 02:16 AM
On 2007-12-25 00:14, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Yes, it does. My point is, why's it a big deal? He's hardly the first NPC to use weird/unsuited weapons.

so your saing he DOESNT look like a girl?

thats all im saying http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol

Weeaboolits
Dec 26, 2007, 01:10 PM
Gattaca, keep in mind I played extra mode for about a year.

Also, she mostly used her cannon on shagreece. Are you on another platform? It's possible that there may be some odd difference, or maybe it was just luck. :/

I remember being like "WTF, WHY DOES LOU GET A LASER CANNON ON HU AND NOT ME?!"

Also, Maya uses a crossbow, but forces couldn't use those in the original offline, additionally, I don't think any NPC other than Maya used resta, and if they did, it wasn't often enough to be notable.