PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Spread That Christmas Love!

Shadix
Dec 25, 2007, 01:18 AM
Ha... What an interesting topic for a first post...

How many of you actually have given people things for xmas this year? I've personally been shopping for people and leaving everyone presents, even those I don't know. I think all of PSU should share the love this christmas, and actually get away from the typical selfishness attributed to online games and actually give.

So far I've only shopped for my main party, buying my friend a (nice) new outfit, one of my freshly class-changed buddies a Hiken, and a bunch of random decorations. I think this is going to be a great opportunity to specially deliver some extra Jao decorations to people who probably wouldn't get anything. (Seeing as it is an online game)

We should, as a community, strive for something not normally seen in online games, and give back to your fellow guardians. I've already seen firsthand that PSU's community is special, not nearly as grind-driven as other games, and I like how many people are more interested in playing for fun than for selfish desires. I have yet to see a "cloudsong" happen.

So take some time and deliver some presents to some guardians... The lower levels are easy to shop for, and they still appreciate it all the same.

Yoshi_Ayarane
Dec 25, 2007, 01:23 AM
My guild is indeed doing a loot exchange. I've no idea what Typh, Kit and Aeth are doing, but they'll find some nice S ranks on Christmas morning >.>

(must synth faster!)

Shadix
Dec 25, 2007, 01:33 AM
I'm about to go door to door gift giving... So some happy guardians are going to wake up to a surprise. I dunno if I should pick up a junkload of xmas trees too, but I'm currently in the process of buying the variety shop out of xmas boxes.

CelestialBlade
Dec 25, 2007, 01:49 AM
I bought stuff for my guild, as we've done in all games previous to PSU. It's always been a real success. If I could buy stuff for all my friends I would <3

pionear
Dec 25, 2007, 02:39 AM
Do you mean in real life or in game?

Heh, I actually started to give out gifts to random ppl like last week...

And I guess I will give them out in full force during after 12:00am, since I will probably be a little busy Christmas Day/Night...

And Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to everyone here!

Shadix
Dec 25, 2007, 02:42 AM
:3.. I gave this one girl de rol le pieces... longest.de rol le.eva.

F-Gattaca
Dec 25, 2007, 02:54 AM
I've been trying to think of what I could give people, myself. A few've already given me gifts, and I'd like to repay them, but anything I could get my hands on would be silly nothings ... The mad synthing rush I did the final day of our 1-UP Cup bonuses cleaned me out of both money and rare mats, pretty much.

Unless my Christmas special Ragnarok Wisdom comics can count as gifts!

pikachief
Dec 25, 2007, 02:55 AM
i tried to get an actually response from the ADMINS of the main site about the last rollback we got to tell everyone.... :/

sadly i failed and here are my results >.<

"I don't work for Sega or play this game, so I have no idea."

lol

Shadix
Dec 25, 2007, 02:58 AM
Pio, I can't give you anything because you have psuv1 room :E

1 lucky chap got a special mat!

Yoshi_Ayarane
Dec 25, 2007, 03:49 AM
*Hikaru just freaking gawks at her center room*

...I see what you did there, dude >.>

AnamanaAU
Dec 25, 2007, 04:05 AM
I received a gift from a friend and was giving out 7 star Tenora Melee weapons to new players all last night.

Shadix
Dec 25, 2007, 04:37 AM
What else did I give you... For some reason I can only remember the ---------- (and with good reason)... I do however think 2 of those presents were from someone else, unless they were just for decoration.

Mysterious-G
Dec 25, 2007, 04:59 AM
From hundreds of people I know, I only got one present, a board, which failed.
Yes, PSU christmas wasn't a big success for me. But I am happy that person likes
the present I gave her. That makes it a bit better.

Gunslinger-08
Dec 25, 2007, 09:50 AM
I gave out some 9* weps, a wep unit for a friend who wanted it real bad, the 2nd hardest to get Crea wep, and a few other things. I gave what I could, to who I could. (Some people had used up all of their deco points http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif)

Neith
Dec 25, 2007, 10:02 AM
Yeah, I gave out a handful of presents to some of my friends (Gur Bazga, Sanzu-hiken, Crimson Line, Grinded Arb Biso, 10/10 Nightwalker). I got a few gifts in return which was really nice. Almost had to change when I opened a Huge Cutter and a Solid / Knight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Probably spent around 6mil on people this year, which is a fair amount considering my entire account had 22mil. I don't mind though, it is Christmas afterall http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ShadowDragon28
Dec 25, 2007, 12:00 PM
"Santa Goth "; the Bauhaus, Bats, and black cats loving cousin of Claus, went around
G-Colony, and Parum giving out little presents of B and A grinders, mats, a few rappy feathers, and to members of of Bebop Grind a little gift to each member.

PSU itself gave me a nice little gift too. While playing solo with my main characters; the very *first time* playing "Dancing Bird" (second Habirao mission did B rank)
turned out to be a rare map where 4 Rappy Noels appeared, and there was a giant pink Rappy Nugg/Gugg along with the normal one.

It was awesome, got 3 X-Mas trees, and a Rappy Feather.

pionear
Dec 25, 2007, 04:48 PM
On 2007-12-24 23:58, Shadix wrote:
Pio, I can't give you anything because you have psuv1 room :E

1 lucky chap got a special mat!

Heh, yeah I got the Christmas room up (why ST didn't change/alter it for AotI, it beyond me...)

But my alt is 'NinjaBot', so if you like, you can leave something there...

Angelo
Dec 25, 2007, 05:46 PM
I've been selling everything in my shop for '2007' meseta. Even 11 and 12 star items.

Dragwind
Dec 25, 2007, 06:00 PM
I've dropped a few people surprises myself. It's the holiday, com'on.

F-Gattaca
Dec 25, 2007, 08:44 PM
About the only thing I had of value to giftwrap was a bunch of Varistas. Up to seven people on my list recieved them as gifts.

I know of at least one person who was happy to get one, so it's all good, eheh.

HaydenX
Dec 25, 2007, 09:24 PM
I gave somebody a Raikasobrac board. Some level 15 guy (a lvl 2 fighgunner).

Miyoko
Dec 26, 2007, 02:04 AM
I gave one friend a 10* rifle, and another friend a 11* slicer. Well, I haven't given him the 11* slicer yet, 'cause the bum hasn't been online, yet >.>

And taken from that other thread...
Some mysterious person named "RJ", whose card I do not have (ID matches nobody I know), left me a Baji-Senba board in my room. It even played a fan-fare when I opened the present, which I'd never heard before.

This gave me such a warm, cozy feeling inside. Thank you, RJ (Or JeM, as the message said), whomever you may be!

Shadix
Dec 26, 2007, 01:16 PM
Yeah, if you go buy an xmas box from the variety shop and place it in someones room with a present inside it'll do that. :3

Nisshoku
Dec 26, 2007, 01:42 PM
I'm making/synthing a few items for a few good friends of mine.

Reipard
Dec 26, 2007, 01:45 PM
I gave out some stuff to my friends.
Those that didn't have AOI rooms I had to improvise though XP.

MzHitman
Dec 26, 2007, 02:00 PM
I was in between runs last night and a player came up to someone in my party and offered him a trade. He proceeded to give him a Song for Death with 8 grinds and he left (someone that he didn't even know). The person who got the grenade launcher sent him a message saying thanks and he said he was quitting so he was just randomly running around giving people stuff.

chibiLegolas
Dec 26, 2007, 02:46 PM
I spent over an hour on x-mas, shopping and leaving gifts for my friends. What's annoying is finding an empty spot on AoI rooms to leave the gifts. lol.

KidoKresh
Dec 26, 2007, 02:53 PM
Christmas is gone, who knows when it's coming back...