PDA

View Full Version : Yamata Combo or Twin Bearclaw?

killers7even
Dec 25, 2007, 02:46 AM
Which is better:
Yamata-misaki+yamata-senba
or
Twin Bearclaw

(Also what exactly is the bonus of the yamata combo?)

Aviendha
Dec 25, 2007, 02:48 AM
On 2007-12-24 23:46, killers7even wrote:
Which is better:
Yamata-misaki+yamata-senba
or
Twin Bearclaw

(Also what exactly is the bonus of the yamata combo?)

All bonuses got nerfed and Yamata is dark only, so Bearclaw if you can stand the looks. Yamata does inflict infect, but DoT SEs are not so useful right now, so Bearclaw. Except for on Light enemies.

TheBlackDeath
Dec 25, 2007, 12:24 PM
I would still go with yamatas because of the bearclaw's 50% epic failure from when they were released, and when you're soloing the infection is still useful. Besides that, the Yamata-misaki look awesome and the bearclaws look like shit, not to mention that the bearclaws make very annoying noises. In regards to the set-bonus, I'm unsure about whether or not it's actually nerfed or just non-existent, but I'm defnitely sure that not all bonuses have been nerfed. Take for example the ga-misaki/ga-senba set bonus, for me there's a minimum difference of 600 points of damage without the armor, so that doesn't exactly say "nerfed" to me.

Syonu
Dec 25, 2007, 01:38 PM
Stat wise, you would have to check the item database. Other than that its personal oppinion. I personally cannot not stand the look of the Yamata-Misakis and the dark only factor doesn't sweeten the deal either. I love the look and sound of the Twin Bear/Kitty/Snowy Claws mainly because A rank Yohmei claws look absolutely atrocious to me.

Depends on what you're looking for mainly, just go with the one you think looks best.

pokefiend
Dec 25, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-12-25 09:24, TheBlackDeath wrote:
I would still go with yamatas because of the bearclaw's 50% epic failure from when they were released,

That's assuming he's apart of the 360 server.

In any case:

-Against light monsters: Yamata combo hands down!
-Against any other attributed monster: arguably Bear claws (at least until either the Shide-misaki or the 10* Tenora twin claws is released.)

Zekester
Dec 25, 2007, 02:00 PM
Shit, I'd still go with Yamata just for looks and the Infect SE.
Bearclaws can suck it.

Dragwind
Dec 25, 2007, 03:21 PM
I have both, but prefer Yamata for look factor.

xzidanex
Dec 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
I prefer yamata personally as well, I think they look snazzy. Also I'm a big fan of infect, so that only made me want them more. But if you really want to have a certain element, then yeah the bearclaw might be better for you. Unless the element you want is dark, then get yamata XD