PDA

View Full Version : Gravity Break worth the PA frags?

killers7even
Dec 25, 2007, 05:25 AM
Yo does anyone know if gravity break is worth the PA frags, because every sword PA seems to suck and I need a good one... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Celi-Ka
Dec 25, 2007, 05:53 AM
Gravity Break is great for single-target annihilation. It's incredible damage (forgot the damage % modifier off-hand), although it's a little slow for my liking. So if you like big damage, go for it.

gryphonvii
Dec 25, 2007, 09:57 AM
Its hard to JA as well though so only buy it if you really like swords, think of it as spinning strike, but for the sword

Libram
Dec 25, 2007, 10:00 AM
Mine hasn't even gone to 21+, and I'm using it to take down little guys in just a couple swings. I can't wait for that last hit to see how well it works on bosses.

Weeaboolits
Dec 25, 2007, 11:12 AM
I've only used it offline, it was a tad slow, but pretty good for cutting down large enemies.

Aviendha
Dec 25, 2007, 11:50 AM
Spinning Strike is better for single target.

AC9breaker
Dec 25, 2007, 01:08 PM
Yes, Gravity Break is the shit. It starts off SIngle target, then goes to 2 targets and the last hit is 3 targets. Incredibly strong, very stylish, and is a multi utility PA.

Angelo
Dec 25, 2007, 04:01 PM
I enjoy playing the brutish, slow, power-house so Gravity Break is perfect for me.

It's got some very nice damage. And nothing is more satisfying than Just Attacking that 3rd jumping combo and slamming down on a foe.

I actually just made a video with Gravity Break in it last night: http://youtube.com/watch?v=IIpPJxW8SJU

Umberger
Dec 25, 2007, 04:46 PM
I would just like to note that it is very notorious for how difficult it is to level. Good PA and all, but make sure you're in for the long run. =p

Dragwind
Dec 25, 2007, 06:08 PM
It's alright, but forget JA'ing with it. The time you're waiting for the animation to finish leaves you really open for attack. However it's still alright in some situations. As much as I hate using Spining Break, it's slightly more effective JA'ing with imo.

Angelo
Dec 25, 2007, 06:14 PM
The JA chain that leaves you the least open in my opinion is

Non-Conservative with PP:
Normal Slash 1 > JA Gravity Break 1 > Gravity Break 2 > JA Gravity Break 3

Conservative with PP:
Normal Slash 1 > JA Normal Slash 2 > JA Gravity Break 1 > Gravity Break 2 > JA Gravity Break 3

With the range of the sword you can strike an enemy with a normal slash and then JA into Gravity Break, quickly pull off the upward slash with no JA so they're on the ground and stunned giving you enough time to JA your finishing blow with the 3rd leaping combo. As a lvl 77 Male Beast Fortefighter armed with Soda Joggi the final hit can slam about 3200 damage with a JA.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Angelo on 2007-12-25 15:16 ]</font>

Gen2000
Dec 25, 2007, 09:59 PM
It used to be great for single target damage until JA can along. The time you waste trying to JA'd it you can JA some other PA to do similar if not more damage and that's if you're not knocked on your ass waiting for the JA window. It still has good power when not JA'd so if you're lazy and want a big number w/o any effort it can work for that.

Angelo
Dec 25, 2007, 10:54 PM
I don't get why people are saying it's hard to JA. It's not hard to JA at all. I can usually pull it off with up to four enemies aggro'd at me.

Gen2000
Dec 25, 2007, 11:01 PM
It's not hard to JA, it's just a waste of time. And getting the full JA combo off is no problem in a party with others distracting the enemy, solo/low man party wise you will get murdered vs. any decent size mobs that's not on Pannon/Polty level of difficulty.

Aviendha
Dec 25, 2007, 11:35 PM
On 2007-12-25 10:08, AC9breaker wrote:
Yes, Gravity Break is the shit. It starts off SIngle target, then goes to 2 targets and the last hit is 3 targets. Incredibly strong, very stylish, and is a multi utility PA.

No, the last hit only hits 2 targets like the second. Its was strong before JA made everything else better.

On 2007-12-25 20:01, Gen2000 wrote:
It's not hard to JA, it's just a waste of time. And getting the full JA combo off is no problem in a party with others distracting the enemy, solo/low man party wise you will get murdered vs. any decent size mobs that's not on Pannon/Polty level of difficulty.
qft. Spinning Strike is better for 1 target and Spinning Break is better for 2 targets. Gravity Break fails forever.

Zorafim
Dec 26, 2007, 12:12 AM
On 2007-12-25 10:08, AC9breaker wrote:
Yes, Gravity Break is shit.

*cough*

I sort of lost interest in swords after JA was introduced. It just seems that, if I'm going to wait that long to JA, I may as well use an axe. I should probably run some tests for effectiveness, but until I get further data, I'm going to say that I've completely lost interest with swords.