PDA

View Full Version : On the right track for a proper Fortetecher?

Gojithefox
Dec 25, 2007, 06:30 AM
First off, I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays, whichever you'd prefer. I'm new to these forums having just picked up PSU for the 360 as a sort of present to myself. My questions deal with the fact that most of the guides I've read deal with scenarios far above my experience level. For example, some recommend S-rank missions when I sometimes have trouble with C or B level ones. I'm using a male Newman, so I think my ATP is around 150 or something, and my ATA is 73 last I checked. My DFP is an awesome 33. So, here are my questions.

1. My current layout is as follows. Is there anything I should do to improve it? Perhaps reorganize it to better aid whatever other players I play with, or maybe get rid of technics that won't see much use? I really hate wasting time, so I rather not level stuff I won't have any use for.

Granarodoc (Diga, Radiga, Gidiga, Damdiga)
Granarod (Razonde, Gizonde, Zodial, Zoldeel)
Hajirod (Zodial, Deband, Retier, Shifta)
Rogapit (Resta, Reverser) || Lidra (Foie, Jellen)
Pitoc (Zoldeel, Resta) || W'gacros (Rabarta, Dambarta)
Tiller Look (Jisei-sou (Diga))

The Rogapit, Hajirod and Granarodoc I bought grinded. They have like 4 or 5 levels to them. The Tiller Look I'm only keeping until I have enough ATA to use the Tengoh Bow my mate made for me. Should I invest in anything else? Are there any rods, wands or robots that I should look into that are better than what I have availible to me?

2. My funds are around 90k, and a lot of stuff I see that's actually decent costs well into the millions. Are there any missions or stages that have higher meseta drops than average? Which stages would you recommend?

3. I was looking at some of the guides for the Acrotecher, and I was wondering which would be better? I really like supporting my teammates, and the Shadoog was really fun when I had one with my Force, but I don't think I'm any good at the melee aspects of this game. I really just like the technics.

4. About what level do I have to be before I can start earning PA fragments, and how do I go about getting them? I know I need to get S ranks on S missions, but are there any other ways? What's the easiest way to gain levels?

5. My Fortetecher Rank is currently 2. What're the better missions to go by myself into?

I hope my questions were clear and concise, and I await your knowledgeable responses eagerly. I'm not yet used to the jargon, so if everything could be spelled out for me, that would be lovely.

erickarim
Dec 25, 2007, 04:38 PM
1.- whats your lvl ?

2.- you have how many friends ? how many are your lvl ?

3.- what are your highest lvld techs ?

4.- i can understand your pallete. thing is: playing debuffing/support wont get you good at soloing. witch is the way to easy meseta.
most people here will tell you that debuffing will be your best way to better exp. but they are wrong. getting the last kill / dam-gi techs is. lvl dambarta, gidiga, gizonde, damfoie. use dambarta with a pure ice rod ( not with a wand ). use wands for healing and if you insist debuff. load a mag with single/gi tech like diga/gidiga . and instead of going in and out for the debuff tag. go in and gi untill they drop. why is this better that debuffing ? because a lvl30 debuff wont kill when you are soloing. ( witch seems to be a problem right now )

5.- do story mode. get leo and ton ( the two dudes beast ) they will be huge help. also dont erase maya card.

6.- hit the new places. mother brain, sak blast, temple. those places will have open low lvl party where you can get exp fast.

7.- the meseta issue. meseta is very easy to come by. just supply the market. when you are strong enough ( high lvl tech ) hunt for material that sell for high prices. like goldania, catilium, morbinia. and sell it at market price.

8.- hunt for your items. units/ weapons are easy to come by. dont buy those. get those.

Phetty
Dec 25, 2007, 08:23 PM
If you find yourself using Debuffs, buffs and healing more then go with Acrotecher. If you like using big balls of fire and boulders then Fortetecher is your class. Either way wands are probly still best for fortetechers as your HP is low and faster cast time is always better then slower regardless of damage.

erickarim
Dec 25, 2007, 09:40 PM
faster cast time is always better then slower regardless of damage.

No. FT needs atleast a rod + dam tech ready. Ft need to be slow sometime.

Pandorasbox
Dec 25, 2007, 11:52 PM
As a long-time FT I'd say diversity is what you want to aim for whether in palette and in tech choices. With the new boost to rods My palette is now Rod heavy (bout 3).
Should I invest in anything else? Are there any rods, wands or robots that I should look into that are better than what I have availible to me?
Well if you're looking to long-time investments: Howrod,Halarod, Sedote, Majimra are all nice choices. Altho on a budget just gather A ranks and grind em. Also, when it comes to mags remeber it's the speed that makes it useful.
Are there any missions or stages that have higher meseta drops than average? Which stages would you recommend?
Any of the new missions because of how AOI is set up (higher drop rates, etc.) If you want tech stuff Neudaiz is the spot.
I was wondering which would be better?
As regards this it's a matter of preference. Speed and support are what the acro class are about. FT is more a dmg dealing tech class but supports decently too. Plus with items like me/quick or Har/quick a FT can be speedy dmg too.
About what level do I have to be before I can start earning PA fragments, and how do I go about getting them? I know I need to get S ranks on S missions, but are there any other ways? What's the easiest way to gain levels?
Actaully quite early S can be done as early as lv 30 i beleive with Linear Line. Just S rank them and u get the frags. When you can do S2 u get 2 frags for S rank. Eziest way is to spam the latest mission and have a good circle of freinds to help in your endeavors.
What're the better missions to go by myself into?
You might get tired of hearing it but the latest mission is usaually best bet.
If ya need anymore advice feel free to PM me.

erickarim
Dec 26, 2007, 09:32 AM
What're the better missions to go by myself into?
You might get tired of hearing it but the latest mission is usaually best bet.

No. the latest mission is not the best one to solo. and certainly not as a FT.

Gojithefox
Dec 27, 2007, 02:28 PM
Thank you all for your responses. Let me answer some of the questions asked of me.

1.- whats your lvl ?
I'm around level 33, with Fortetecher set at level 2.

2.- you have how many friends ? how many are your lvl ?
One, and my mate, whose around my level. He's a Fighgunner.

3.- what are your highest lvld techs ?
I believe it's Diga, at around level 15. At level 11 are all the buff and debuff technics. Resta is around level 6 or 7, Reverser around level 5, and Razonde approaching level 8 or 9.

4.- i can understand your pallete. thing is: playing debuffing/support wont get you good at soloing. witch is the way to easy meseta.
most people here will tell you that debuffing will be your best way to better exp. but they are wrong. getting the last kill / dam-gi techs is. lvl dambarta, gidiga, gizonde, damfoie. use dambarta with a pure ice rod ( not with a wand ). use wands for healing and if you insist debuff. load a mag with single/gi tech like diga/gidiga . and instead of going in and out for the debuff tag. go in and gi untill they drop. why is this better that debuffing ? because a lvl30 debuff wont kill when you are soloing. ( witch seems to be a problem right now )
So I should focus on Dambarta on an Ice Rod, put the Gi-techs on a TCSM, and Damfoie on something else? Alright, I'll try that the next time I'm able.

5.- do story mode. get leo and ton ( the two dudes beast ) they will be huge help. also dont erase maya card.
I've gone through the story mode completely, including the first of the AoI missions, so I've obtained all the partner cards availible there. Why those two, perchance?

6.- hit the new places. mother brain, sak blast, temple. those places will have open low lvl party where you can get exp fast.
I'll be sure to look into it when I can. I watched my mate play the Mother Brain, and it seemed really painful.

7.- the meseta issue. meseta is very easy to come by. just supply the market. when you are strong enough ( high lvl tech ) hunt for material that sell for high prices. like goldania, catilium, morbinia. and sell it at market price.

8.- hunt for your items. units/ weapons are easy to come by. dont buy those. get those.

Thank you for your help.

Aviendha
Dec 27, 2007, 07:16 PM
FT is better than AT. The slightly better buffs of AT do not make up for the much, much greater damage of FT. Besides, most ATs are unbelievably bad, and you don't want to be grouped in with them.

Dam-techs are very good, as are Ra-techs. With each element available of those two series, Diga, Foie and Megid, you're set. Regrant can be handy too in some situations. Your best option is to work on the mob with Dam/Ra until there's one enemy left and finish that enemy with Foie/Diga. Foie/Diga for bosses, Megid for Robots, Regrant for Sendillians/Goshins/etc. Buffs are very good, Gi-resta is great, and debuffs are largely unecessary. Hope that helps.

P.S. I know Ra-techs take forever to level, but they're worth it. Just watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX19vrHa1tI

erickarim
Dec 27, 2007, 08:25 PM
you need +21 buffs. this not only helps you but helps the team. this is really really easy. and will take you like 4 hrs in a buff party.

everything will hurt to you. your a FT. ntill you are able to total enemies. stick to party's

Gojithefox
Dec 27, 2007, 11:02 PM
On 2007-12-27 16:16, Aviendha wrote:
FT is better than AT. The slightly better buffs of AT do not make up for the much, much greater damage of FT. Besides, most ATs are unbelievably bad, and you don't want to be grouped in with them.

Dam-techs are very good, as are Ra-techs. With each element available of those two series, Diga, Foie and Megid, you're set. Regrant can be handy too in some situations. Your best option is to work on the mob with Dam/Ra until there's one enemy left and finish that enemy with Foie/Diga. Foie/Diga for bosses, Megid for Robots, Regrant for Sendillians/Goshins/etc. Buffs are very good, Gi-resta is great, and debuffs are largely unecessary. Hope that helps.

P.S. I know Ra-techs take forever to level, but they're worth it. Just watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX19vrHa1tI

Debuffs are unnecessary? That's disheartening to learn. I'm going to have to collect quite a few fragments to afford both Megid and Giresta. Is Ra-megid really worth it? I haven't been very impressed with its animations or its damage; it seems like Radiga outdamages it even when type-trumping. The same for Rabarta, though I've started using it more.

I'll get to work on everyone's suggestions as soon as I can. Sadly, my roommate's 360 lost video, so I'll have to ship it in. Such a shame.

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-12-27 20:02, Gojithefox wrote:
Debuffs are unnecessary? That's disheartening to learn. I'm going to have to collect quite a few fragments to afford both Megid and Giresta. Is Ra-megid really worth it? I haven't been very impressed with its animations or its damage; it seems like Radiga outdamages it even when type-trumping. The same for Rabarta, though I've started using it more.

I'll get to work on everyone's suggestions as soon as I can. Sadly, my roommate's 360 lost video, so I'll have to ship it in. Such a shame.

Debuffs may matter if we ever get difficult enemies again. For now they're pretty unnecessary. Same-level Ramegid should do more on Light enemies than Ra-diga. Especially on a dark Rod. Megid is nice for Robots and not a whole lot else. Occasionally enemies will line up just right but ususally you're better off with dam/ramegid. Giresta is probably better to buy first because it does an HP regen buff and levels very quickly. Plus, nobody on 360 ever wants to fight robots.

Gojithefox
Dec 28, 2007, 03:36 PM
On 2007-12-27 23:41, Aviendha wrote:
Debuffs may matter if we ever get difficult enemies again. For now they're pretty unnecessary. Same-level Ramegid should do more on Light enemies than Ra-diga. Especially on a dark Rod. Megid is nice for Robots and not a whole lot else. Occasionally enemies will line up just right but ususally you're better off with dam/ramegid. Giresta is probably better to buy first because it does an HP regen buff and levels very quickly. Plus, nobody on 360 ever wants to fight robots.

Ah, I see. So for a Dark Rod, I would probably want Megid, Ramegid and Dammegid, but what else? Are Megiverse and Megistar worth it? Is there another Megid-type technic that I'm missing? I have the idea of casting both Giresta and Megistar to see if Giresta's HP regeneration will offset Megistar's HP penalty. Will this work?

Indeed, robots are annoying. I especially dispise when they strafe and dodge my Diga spells, or when I'm pinned against a wall and they simultaneously explode. I can only imagine what it's like with a Hunter.