PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Whip PAs, Which is better?

ChaoticBurst
Dec 25, 2007, 06:52 PM
I'm didn't really like whips when i first tried them, but it seem they are pretty good and can alway be usefull. So i'm going to start carrying one around and since limited to 36 PAs i'm only going to have one of the PAs so, which is better visshi grudda or vivi danga?

-number of tagtets hit?
-number of total hits?
-damage % mod?
- acc ?

Thanks in advance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaoticBurst on 2007-12-25 15:53 ]</font>

Oniko
Dec 25, 2007, 07:35 PM
The number of targets and number of hits is identical I believe. I only have Vishi at 30 right now, its final mod is something like ATP:144% Acc:95%. I might be off by a bit as I'm going on memory. Vivi starts with lower acc and ATP, but by level 11 has already passed in ATP, still a ways behind in Acc.

Power wise, Vivi will always win, the second combo can easily break 1200 on every hit. However, as powerful as it is, the second combo has a very long period where you just swing the whip around not hitting anything, and it leaves you completely open to any incoming attacks. Basically without a decoy, or an enemy that stands motionless for a bit, you'll have a hard time getting it off. For raw damage, Vivi will serve well on large target enemies like De Regan.

Vishi lacks in power, but it moves a fair amount, and has a very nice radius keeping enemies from hitting you while using it. For the purpose of landing status effects I personally find Vishi to be much, much better. It wont kill as fast, but it will hit everything around you with ease, and zero's are pretty rare.

Personally I have both as whip is one of my favorite weapons, especially for solo, but for overall versatility I find Vishi better. Still, if you plan to use whip for things like big bosses, or you don't need it for solo, Vivi may be a better option, it does land status effects all the same as long as you don't get interrupted, and the damage is quite impressive. I recommend you try them both, whip levels so fast it's ridiculous, and you can easily see which you prefer, and revert the other back to a disk. This is assuming the PA frags aren't an issue of course.

Dhylec
Dec 25, 2007, 07:40 PM
Oniko gave a good insight. I'll keep it short.
I find both good at hitting multiple targets. Damage & push back is Vivi's trade for slight speed loss. Vishi is cheaper & easier to get - no frags needed.

ChaoticBurst
Dec 25, 2007, 08:07 PM
Thanks alot, i might try them both in that case since it's mostly for bosses, vivi might win.

smckyy1399
Dec 27, 2007, 10:44 PM
get the viva danga... its a lot better, but it does cost 40 pas

Dragwind
Dec 27, 2007, 11:08 PM
Oniko stated it quite well. Don't think I could have explained it better myself. Good job. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Imo, I use my whips for AoE damage, so I use Vishi more.

DoubleJG
Dec 27, 2007, 11:37 PM
I myself use Vishi.

Pillan
Dec 27, 2007, 11:46 PM
The accuracy difference between the two skills is only 4% at the same level. I don't beleive anyone has mentioned that Danga has a shorter range on the first hit, which stretches about as far as Grudda in front, but about half that distance on the sides and behind you.

Personally, the main reason I like Vivi Danga a lot more than Visshi Grudda is that Danga attacks nearly twice as fast on the first hit, making that move alone faster SE spam and faster damage at the cost of shorter range. And then just throw in a high percent whip with the second move and Wartechers no longer miss Anga Jabroga.

I'd say just get Danga if you're more daring like I am. I have no intention of touching Grudda ever again.

pokefiend
Dec 28, 2007, 12:02 AM
Danga has a much higher DPS value, however only in the expense of leaving vulnerable holes for enemies to attack. Grudda meanwhile, is completely solid, but is weaker damage wise.

It's basically a trade-off. What do you care more about; DPS or solidness?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 28, 2007, 12:31 AM
Vishi Grudda for solo, Vivi Danga for a party.