PDA

View Full Version : Why are high lvlers so 2-dimensional?

unicorn
Dec 26, 2007, 01:22 AM
Did they lose their soul around lvl 70 or so? Seriously. I join higher rank missions, and everyone is just quiet and all rude-like. I mean, I could care less about some random strangers that are just benefetting from my prescence, but come on.... I mean, I'm not always the friendliest person to party with, but I actually RESPOND when people make comments about something/level up/get something cool.

I dunno. I saw this in PSO too, but...not nearly as bad as this. I'm aware PSU is a more pro-rare hunting game compared to PSO, but that isn't an excuse to be rude. I dunno. If you want to be stuck in your own little world, why don't you just play solo? =

I'm bringing this up because...I wished "Merry Christmas" to every single party I was in. No one ever fucking replies. I dunno, it kinda ruins my whole mood. I went from "Fellow PSUers ^.^" to "Fuck everyone, gib rarz".

Merry Fucking Christmas.

DonRoyale
Dec 26, 2007, 01:29 AM
I think the majority of players lose their optimism for the game around that time because it's not so much about the EXP than it is the items. And when it comes to items, other people are in the way. It's natural for most who see that to act rude.

Solstis
Dec 26, 2007, 02:41 AM
Certain kinds of people will make their way to the top.

Sorry that's been your play experience lately. Whenever that happens to me, I figure it's about time for a break.

Umberger
Dec 26, 2007, 03:50 AM
Meh, PSU has some people like that, but it's way worse in other games...FPS games with any sort of rank seem to give people a superiority complex.

Aviva
Dec 26, 2007, 04:16 AM
IDK what you are talking about...me and most of my friends are near or above lvl 80 and we are one goofy ass group off people to run with...we chit chat and such....come to think of it....Saku said he was going to drive to my house in Ohio from like Georgia or some shit to close my window, sweep my floor and clean the brownie pan(its all about cleaning that pan man)...where is he?

darkante
Dec 26, 2007, 05:02 AM
I try to keep some social action going in parties and goof around alot but yeah i gotta agree, most high level peps donīt say shit. Mostly a big reason i just hunt solo or with friends, cause iīm sure as hell not gonna hunt one very rare item with peps that donīt say anything and fear they get the item instead.
Feels more like they are theifs instead. :S

What the hell is fun with that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

amtalx
Dec 26, 2007, 08:46 AM
Because you don't start to become jaded until around 90.

Morganna
Dec 26, 2007, 08:57 AM
Uh, hello...we DID become higher beings at level 70, duh!

Noblewine
Dec 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
IDK about that but they probably have their game face on. I wouldn't let it get to you.

Raine_Loire
Dec 26, 2007, 10:29 PM
I think you're reading WAY too much into it. Personally, on the 360, unless it's a timed mission that requires the speed of voice, I don't talk. And I have a wireless KB, but it's kinda bulky so I don't really bother with it. Therefore it's a hassle to say anything, and I just... don't. It's rare that I feel the need. Also, if you're level 70, you're fighting tougher stuff, and chatting about the weather can = death. Typing is a distraction. If you want a social hour, it's better to stick to low level runs or stay in the lobby.

*edit* people don't just play solo so they can have more people in the party, and kill harder things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-12-26 19:31 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 26, 2007, 11:13 PM
Idk, I play on a laptop, my controls are the keyboard. Depending on what I have to type, I can press the PA button, type something quick, and be done in time to start the next hit of the PA lol

THE JACKEL

Weeaboolits
Dec 27, 2007, 12:18 AM
Nice guys finish last? ;o

I'm only around 50, so I don't know yet.

darkante
Dec 31, 2007, 01:32 AM
On 2007-12-26 19:29, Raine_Loire wrote:
I think you're reading WAY too much into it. Personally, on the 360, unless it's a timed mission that requires the speed of voice, I don't talk. And I have a wireless KB, but it's kinda bulky so I don't really bother with it. Therefore it's a hassle to say anything, and I just... don't. It's rare that I feel the need. Also, if you're level 70, you're fighting tougher stuff, and chatting about the weather can = death. Typing is a distraction. If you want a social hour, it's better to stick to low level runs or stay in the lobby.

*edit* people don't just play solo so they can have more people in the party, and kill harder things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-12-26 19:31 ]</font>

Well, who said people should always talk during enemy battles?
But i donīt ask much for people to talk between this and next spawn.
Personally, if people die during conversation..so what?
Moon them when you get the opportonity..presto!..Back to life!
No point buying 10 scape dolls unless soloing lol.
And stocking up on 10 x 2 kinds of Moon Atomzier are cheap.

I usually shitalk doing enemies with a friend on Seed Awakening S2 and still make it in one piece so for me... iīm pretty used to type fast.

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 31, 2007, 02:11 AM
Well, I guess I can see where you're coming from, but..you can't really do what you're doing. You're basically saying, "Well, I'm saying something to everyone, so I expect a response! If they don't respond to me, then that's rude >:3!". Well, not EVERYONE likes talking during the missions.

If someone chooses to not reply back to you because they don't have a means of doing so (lack of keyboard), they are more focused on the mission and leave the talking for the lobby, or whatever reason, that's not an excuse for you to just claim that person as "rude".

I mean..I would hate to think just because someone kept saying "good morning" to me every day and me not replying back implied that I was being rude. There are some times I just don't feel like talking to anyone and even though I'm in my own world (as you put it), I like to be in parties killing things.

Besides..if you're in a party of six and only two people reply back are you just going to snap at the other three for NOT replying back, saying they are rude? It's not really fair to them.

Anyway, nothing to get bent out of shape over.

darkante
Dec 31, 2007, 02:25 AM
On 2007-12-30 23:11, Kikumaru wrote:
Well, I guess I can see where you're coming from, but..you can't really do what you're doing. You're basically saying, "Well, I'm saying something to everyone, so I expect a response! If they don't respond to me, then that's rude >:3!". Well, not EVERYONE likes talking during the missions.

If someone chooses to not reply back to you because they don't have a means of doing so (lack of keyboard), they are more focused on the mission and leave the talking for the lobby, or whatever reason, that's not an excuse for you to just claim that person as "rude".

I mean..I would hate to think just because someone kept saying "good morning" to me every day and me not replying back implied that I was being rude. There are some times I just don't feel like talking to anyone and even though I'm in my own world (as you put it), I like to be in parties killing things.

Besides..if you're in a party of six and only two people reply back are you just going to snap at the other three for NOT replying back, saying they are rude? It's not really fair to them.

Anyway, nothing to get bent out of shape over.

Lol, itīs not like i expect a whole party to talk all the time as much as i like too.
Iīm not too demanding.
I donīt force people to talk during spawns just saying that there is an appropiate time to talk, i might have writed it down wrong a little on last message.

BUt i hate to be in a full party and no one is saying shit for at least couple of runs while grinding.
Get my point now?
If "NO ONE" is saying anything.
I DESPISE GHOST PARTIES FOR LONG DURATIONS!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2007-12-30 23:28 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Dec 31, 2007, 04:33 AM
Actually, I was once asked to leave a party, or be booted from the party, because I talk too much during missions. Idk, maybe it's just me, but a dead silent mission... I might as well play with NPCs, they actually talk more

THE JACKEL

TetsuyaHikari
Dec 31, 2007, 07:51 AM
Well, my only advice for this would be a few options:

A) Leave the party if nobody is talking and it is bothering you so much

B) Make your own party and boot the "ghosts" if any join

C) Just go with the flow and not worry about it so much

You will always have opportunities to talk outside of the mission. I don't think it will kill anybody for people to be silent. If you encounter it a lot, oh noes..deal with it.

This isn't like complaining about some newly joined member getting a rare you've been hunting MONTHS for. So, it's not a big deal really.

darkante
Dec 31, 2007, 11:42 AM
On 2007-12-31 04:51, Kikumaru wrote:
Well, my only advice for this would be a few options:

A) Leave the party if nobody is talking and it is bothering you so much

B) Make your own party and boot the "ghosts" if any join

C) Just go with the flow and not worry about it so much

You will always have opportunities to talk outside of the mission. I don't think it will kill anybody for people to be silent. If you encounter it a lot, oh noes..deal with it.

This isn't like complaining about some newly joined member getting a rare you've been hunting MONTHS for. So, it's not a big deal really.

A) I always do

B) I donīt boot "Ghost" players cause thatīs a lame excuse for it, i might joke around and if nothing happens after a couple a runs i leave and then,
i just recreate a new party again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

C) Well, itīs hard for me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That i do sometimes, but i usually prefer doing missions at same time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
And no, i canīt "deal" with long period of silent parties...i go nuts of that.
The solution for that is to do something else for a while for and hope there is something that makes me want to come back for this game.
Should "ghost parties" be a common issue in an active online game?

And if i am really desperate for a rare, i just solo it but the weapon i really want i have almost given up on anyway so it doesnt matter to me.

Reipard
Dec 31, 2007, 02:22 PM
Ghost Parties are boring, but there is naught you can do about it. Be active! Make your own party and try to get people in on the fun.

CelestialBlade
Jan 1, 2008, 03:29 AM
Not all high-levels are jaded and cold. I love making conversation, I use my Congrats macro when someone levels or finds a rare, and hell, I still get excited over finding 10* weapon boards. Not all of us are bad.

And then again, everyone has their own playstyle. To some people, talking is a distraction from actually playing the game, and they want to perform in the mission at their upmost potential. So in a way, that IS doing you a favor. It's just how you view the game, it is your $10 after all.

Kamiense
Jan 1, 2008, 01:57 PM
I always liked talking to people, congratulating people if they level or find something often. I often "; ;" at people finding Diads though, but it was all for fun.

I always tried leveling my techs in parties, but support at the same time. If you play with friends, you won't really find that it's a problem.

Kylie
Jan 1, 2008, 02:25 PM
I die a lot more when I type, especially since I'm PS2 (PS3 now technically), but I always try to reply to people. That's because of a few personal, Southern convictions. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Jan 5, 2008, 05:04 PM
On 2007-12-31 01:33, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Actually, I was once asked to leave a party, or be booted from the party, because I talk too much during missions. Idk, maybe it's just me, but a dead silent mission... I might as well play with NPCs, they actually talk more

THE JACKEL

I would have left because I'm definitely not gonna party with people like that.

But yeah, people who threaten to boot you for chatting? WTF? Yeah, I won't party with people like that. I kind of stopped partying with randoms now since I have some friends to party with, and if they're not on, well, I have other stuff to do.