PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Downloading Issue

GeekRuler
Dec 26, 2007, 05:27 PM
My friend is downloading the AoI Expansion and his progress stops at 90% and then says, "Can't download Ambitions of the Illuminus". Any halp? Please and thank you!

JAFO22000
Dec 26, 2007, 05:28 PM
Does he have enough space on his HD?

GeekRuler
Dec 26, 2007, 05:31 PM
He has 6 free Gigs and it downloaded just fine up until 90%.
If it makes any difference he bought PSU today and started a character and made data on the single player.

JAFO22000
Dec 26, 2007, 05:47 PM
I think that it doesn't matter whether you have or don't have saved data....

Does he have a Guardians License? Perhaps you have to have that before downloading, as the expansion on 360 is pointless to download if you don't play the online portion.

Sinue_v2
Dec 26, 2007, 05:52 PM
That wouldn't matter, since you have to pay for the expansion before you download it. It's not going to go ahead and let you pay to download it - then stop you at 90% to say, well we're gonna hold your copy of the game hostage at this point until you buy an online subscription.

I'd say give it a few minutes. Delete whatever progress has been made on it, and then try again. Live has been acting a bit wonky lately I've noticed. Or it might be that there's a genuine problem on the server which is preventing the download. If it hasn't cleared up in a few hours, give XBL tech support a call.

chu-chu-chu
Dec 26, 2007, 05:53 PM
Could just be another issue related to the general unsteadiness of Live lately.

StanleyPain
Dec 26, 2007, 05:58 PM
Live is down right now....has been for about 2 hours. It'll come up for, like, 15 minutes, then drops out. It's been like this last few days....someone somewhere screwed something up.

Binxi
Dec 26, 2007, 06:38 PM
I'm guessing the Christmas boost of Xbox users is putting a strain on the servers: hopefully that's all and it'll calm down in a week or so when the kids on holiday go back to school and the people obsessed with their shiney new toy get bored of the novelty. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif