PDA

View Full Version : Idea about Wartechers...

Leahcim
Dec 26, 2007, 08:49 PM
As it stands, Wartecher is a good class. Not great like Fortefighter and Acrotecher, but good.

I was thinking, how would giving Wartechers lvl 40 Attack Techs sound? We would not surpass Foretechers because they have quite a bit more TP, better Regen and Rods to boot, but we would be better as a techer for sure.

Your Opinions Giving Wartechers lvl 40 Attack Techs? =)

Retehi
Dec 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
No. Just no.

RACast_Raiden
Dec 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
The current attack techs of WTs are enough.

Leahcim
Dec 26, 2007, 09:18 PM
On 2007-12-26 18:08, Retehi wrote:
No. Just no.

Three words? lol >_>

And no, the DPS ability of Wartechers are currently not ennough. lvl 30 Attack Techs are a joke... we'll without a speed boot that is *hit hint*

Xaeris
Dec 26, 2007, 09:22 PM
It's something I proposed since before AoI actually came out. As it stands currently, we have three classes with strength in skills, three with strength in gunning, yet only one has complete proficiency in attack teching. The fT monopoly could somewhat be justified before the rod buff as most of a tech's power comes from the level of the tech itself rather than the weapon, but now that their damage would assuredly be greater even if they shared the cap, I see no reason for it.

Then again, until the game actually presents a situation where third tier skills don't completely outdo any tier of teching for damage, I'm not losing too much sleep over it.

stukasa
Dec 26, 2007, 09:27 PM
WTs are meant to focus more on melee than techs. If you want to use an attack tech class, go fT or AT. And they can't give AT level 40 attack techs, otherwise they'd piss off just about every fT in the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

steely
Dec 26, 2007, 09:41 PM
if u going to do that u should give guntechers lvl40 support teches

Leahcim
Dec 26, 2007, 09:53 PM
On 2007-12-26 18:41, steely wrote:
if u going to do that u should give guntechers lvl40 support teches

no >_> not even close to the same thing

While WTs with lvl 40 Attack techs would still be a whole teer below FTs with their lvl 40 Attack techs. And this would be the only lvl 40 PA slot WTs would get...

GTs would invade AT's realm and be just as good at it (not to mention GTs would then have two lvl 40 caps)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2007-12-26 18:55 ]</font>

mvffin
Dec 26, 2007, 09:57 PM
On 2007-12-26 18:27, stukasa wrote:
WTs are meant to focus more on melee than techs. If you want to use an attack tech class, go fT or AT. And they can't give AT level 40 attack techs, otherwise they'd piss off just about every fT in the game again. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

fixed.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 26, 2007, 09:58 PM
I'm fine with level 30 techs thank you very much. I'm NOT leveling my techs to 31 with my Female Newman. >.>

Poncho_Jr
Nooooo!!! Just... Nooooo!!!!
Having level 40 Attack TECH, is the only thing that stands out from the rest of the TECHers, and the only thing that will keep a Fortetecher, staying a Fortetecher.
You leave those level 40's to me, thank you, http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Wouldn't you prefer level 40 Melee, or 30 Bullets? D:

Leahcim
WTs are meant to focus more on melee than techs. If you want to use an attack tech class, go fT or AT. And they can't give AT level 40 attack techs, otherwise they'd piss off just about every fT in the game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

FTs have:

Exclusive Rods S rank
Exlcusive lvl 40 Attack Techs
Best TP in the Game meaning best Techer

FTs can Stfu. (They'd still be the best Techers in the Game)
and ATs get lvl 40 Support and a Tech Speed boost.

Give WTs Lvl 40 Attack Techs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2007-12-26 18:59 ]</font>

EphekZ
Dec 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
I think an increase in bullets would suit WT better.

Weeaboolits
Dec 26, 2007, 10:05 PM
I think WT is good as is.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 26, 2007, 10:08 PM
WT is fine. It's not suppost to have to powerful magic. 30 is a little to high if you ask me, but 40 would be going WAY too far.

Leahcim
Dec 26, 2007, 10:08 PM
On 2007-12-26 19:05, EphekZ wrote:
I think an increase in bullets would suit WT better.

I wouldn't oppose this actually... But I still stand by WTs getting lvl 40 Attack Techs:

Some more Reasonning:

Ppl always say WT is ment for Melee DPS over Magic DPS... so Beast > Newm. Giving us lvl 40 Attack Techs would balance out or Melee ability to our Teching ability. This wouls make our Attack Techs ACTUALLY worth using instead of our daggers. And then Beast wouldn't be extremely better than Newman.

Konstanse_Xx
Dec 26, 2007, 10:15 PM
No, just no.

OK, so they(fT's) have Tech superiority...but yeah what else do they have? So what if you have a less TP, WTs would have the SE changes that go along with 31+ and if they encounter a tech resistant enemy they can Majarra...No...just no.

Incapacitate 4 on a MELEE class would be horrendously broken and 31+ on any class other than fT destroys any real need for them.

SuperChoco
Dec 26, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-12-26 19:15, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
No, just no.

OK, so they(fT's) have Tech superiority...but yeah what else do they have? So what if you have a less TP, WTs would have the SE changes that go along with 31+ and if they encounter a tech resistant enemy they can Majarra...No...just no.

Incapacitate 4 on a MELEE class would be horrendously broken and 31+ on any class other than fT destroys any real need for them.

Megid does not get incapitate 4 at 31+... Anyways, I really don't care if wt have 31+ techs, if ft also gets S Shadoogs and Madoogs.

Laranas
Dec 26, 2007, 11:13 PM
Just give WT a nice END boost and it'll be fine.

bahk
Dec 26, 2007, 11:14 PM
How about giving them what they really need: More atp. 600 less than a fortefighter of the same race... Obviously it should be lower than fF, but that's overkill.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 26, 2007, 11:24 PM
Wartecher is fine just the way it is. I'm sure Sega kind of wanted Wartecher to be more Force than Hunter. It would just have been better if they boosted the Tech % mods on all techs in general along with the melee PAs.

gryphonvii
Dec 26, 2007, 11:28 PM
I like wartecher fine, It would be nice to have 40 skills but I don't really need them and I do fine with level 30 tech though the 20 support gets on my nerves at times.

majan
Dec 26, 2007, 11:42 PM
wartecher definitely is fine the way it is. its come to a point where if you are not satisfied with a class in this game its because you don't know how to max accelerate it. experienced RPG players know how to take a class and make the absolute most out of the options they have,whether theyre going for pure strength,like FT and FF,or versatility that something like WT would offer. if you feel you've done all in your power to accelerate the class to your play style and you are not satisfied,you need to switch classes. the game has arrived at a point that all the classes are essentially balanced. noone likes wartecher because it doesnt have any special little bells and whistles like crossbows, fast cast technics, or that really cool black bull thing, or massive melee damage or flashy pa's. what wartechers do have though is quite a hefty amount of versatility, ESPECIALLY now with the addition of madoogs to their weapon selection. now you can use your deva-zashi in one hand while healing or nuking with the other hand.

wartecher, pushed by the right RPG-minded person, can be accelerated to quite an amazing strength, much liek any other class in this game. a class not played fully is one that isnt satisfying, preference set aside. if you feel youve done all you can and still arent satisfied, switch classes. if that doesnt work,then switch RPG's.

Lamak
Dec 26, 2007, 11:54 PM
S rank swords and make techs useful.

mvffin
Dec 27, 2007, 12:28 AM
imo, the only thing stopping wt now is the buffs. everything else is fine, but the lack of 21+ buffs is what made me switch to AF.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 27, 2007, 01:09 AM
On 2007-12-26 20:42, majan wrote:
wartecher definitely is fine the way it is. its come to a point where if you are not satisfied with a class in this game its because you don't know how to max accelerate it. experienced RPG players know how to take a class and make the absolute most out of the options they have,whether theyre going for pure strength,like FT and FF,or versatility that something like WT would offer. if you feel you've done all in your power to accelerate the class to your play style and you are not satisfied,you need to switch classes. the game has arrived at a point that all the classes are essentially balanced. noone likes wartecher because it doesnt have any special little bells and whistles like crossbows, fast cast technics, or that really cool black bull thing, or massive melee damage or flashy pa's. what wartechers do have though is quite a hefty amount of versatility, ESPECIALLY now with the addition of madoogs to their weapon selection. now you can use your deva-zashi in one hand while healing or nuking with the other hand.

wartecher, pushed by the right RPG-minded person, can be accelerated to quite an amazing strength, much liek any other class in this game. a class not played fully is one that isnt satisfying, preference set aside. if you feel youve done all you can and still arent satisfied, switch classes. if that doesnt work,then switch RPG's.

QFT

Garanz-Baranz
Dec 27, 2007, 01:40 AM
I'd rather Lv21+ support/buffs, so we can get recognition now, instead of the "Brriiing" sound of a Megistar being used.

Our TP is minimal and not very near FT and AT, but just giving us that, heh. success, and screw Lv31+ techs, do you want a Fortetecher on your asre about only He/She should get lv31+ attack techs.

>.> And give us WT's just a tad more ATP. not grand, but just a lil. Or just more ATA.... Worst Class for ATA = WT. atleast an FF's ATA.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 27, 2007, 01:48 AM
ATA is not much of a problem, I hardly ever miss on my lv 82 Wartecher against lv 100+ monsters.

PekingDuck13
Dec 27, 2007, 02:08 AM
I'm fine with WT the way they are but seeing as how I don't even use attack techs my vote would be to get rid of them altogether, let us keep the support techs and give us more melee. But this game is easy enough as it is.

galaxy
Dec 27, 2007, 02:38 AM
i play FT and WT on the same character, and as much as im for buffing a class i use, this would make WT a little too powerful. honestly, i like WT as is, the ONLY thing it MIGHT need is maybe a stat boost to ATP or TP (or acc...ungh), but thats it, no other special additions.

Dragwind
Dec 27, 2007, 03:44 AM
No, just no. There's fT for lvl 40 attack techs. It's fine the way it is now.

Xaeris
Dec 27, 2007, 04:11 AM
What I think it comes down to is this; if someone wants to play with striking as a focus, they have five solid options. If they want gunning as a focus, they have three superb options. If they want to blow things up though, they have two options, and that's being generous. We have three basic methods of fighting; they should each get reasonable and varied representation.

Weeaboolits
Dec 27, 2007, 04:23 AM
I would like them to have axes, then it would be my absolute ideal class, I doubt it would happen, but I would be happy if it did.

Sinue_v2
Dec 27, 2007, 05:20 AM
I think Sega should do away with the whole retarded "TECHS ARE ALL THE SAME ACROSS THE BOARD" - "LOOKIE, WE SPLIT ATTACK FRUM SUPPORT TO DIFFERENTIATE THE CLASSES".

No. Techniques should be split up and distributed amongst the different teching classes in the same way that weapons and guns are split up amongst the various melee and ranged classes. They can still tend one way more than another if they want, but it would allow far more freedom to differentiate the classes. Similar to restricting the rank level of a weapons a class can use, they can restrict the level of certain techs that class is allowed to use. They could give Guntechers GiResta and higher level Buff Techniques - along with proficency with long-range attack techs while giving Wartechers Debuffs and Short-range attack techniques like Damm-series techs. Make ForteTechers like the Protransers of Techers - access to almost all of the techniques at the highest levels + bonuses. Arrange the techniques so that the classes have more of a reason to cooperate together rather than the pissing matches they're currently engaged in.

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 27, 2007, 02:15 PM
I have to ask: Could a human WT with decently leveled attack techs do as much damage as he could with decently leveled melee skills? I hope they do...why use a fighter/mage only to play like a fighter? (and no I aint counting buffs. That's just "look I hit a button now our numbers go up". BOORING!)

Aviendha
Dec 27, 2007, 07:40 PM

Perhaps they aren't meant to focus more on melee than techs, but with how bad tech damage is that's how its gonna be for the foreseeable future. AT is not a proper attack tech class because attack techs not on a rod are so weak it makes me cringe when people even bother. And FT would still outdamage them even if they got lvl 40 because of Rods.

On 2007-12-27 11:15, Jife_Jifremok wrote:
I have to ask: Could a human WT with decently leveled attack techs do as much damage as he could with decently leveled melee skills? I hope they do...why use a fighter/mage only to play like a fighter? (and no I aint counting buffs. That's just "look I hit a button now our numbers go up". BOORING!)

lolololol. No. AT does more with melee than techs, so WT does way more with melee than techs. FT is the only class whose tech damage is not a joke. Right now WT is FF -Axe +Cards and Support techs and Megid.

Rashiid
Dec 27, 2007, 07:53 PM
On 2007-12-26 18:08, Retehi wrote:
No. Just no.

This thread should have ended after this.

MSAksion
Dec 27, 2007, 08:10 PM
IF Fortetecher TECH level were level ONE HUNDRED then Wartecher TECH level would be TEN below it at NINTEY. NO other class should ever be as high as the master TECH class.

At the same time I'm amazed that FIGUNNERS get lvl fourty SKILLS the same as a FORTEFIGHTER. Though this isn't bad considering there isn't a fourth combo.

I'm amazed GUNTECHERS have the same bullet levels as FORTEGUNNERS. Sure ther's no level FIVE status but its still weird a GUNTECHER can shoot level four INFECTION same as a Full Gunner.

at least ACROTECHER with their 10 below the max level of 30 is fair and balanced compared to the ForteTecher - their superior Speed and lvl 40 TECH would destroy FT more than it already is.

The FORTE classes would be even more unique IF they didn't share limits with other HYBRIDS. Yes the Forte have superior Strength than their Hybrid cousins, but hybrids with versatility can make up for their weakness by covering other aspects. But i really feel that a Hybrid shouldn't be able to match abilities as a Forte it just doesn't feel right.

Aviendha
Dec 27, 2007, 08:24 PM
On 2007-12-27 17:10, MSAksion wrote:
IF Fortetecher TECH level were level ONE HUNDRED then Wartecher TECH level would be TEN below it at NINTEY. NO other class should ever be as high as the master TECH class.

At the same time I'm amazed that FIGUNNERS get lvl fourty SKILLS the same as a FORTEFIGHTER. Though this isn't bad considering there isn't a fourth combo.

I'm amazed GUNTECHERS have the same bullet levels as FORTEGUNNERS. Sure ther's no level FIVE status but its still weird a GUNTECHER can shoot level four INFECTION same as a Full Gunner.

at least ACROTECHER with their 10 below the max level of 30 is fair and balanced compared to the ForteTecher - their superior Speed and lvl 40 TECH would destroy FT more than it already is.

The FORTE classes would be even more unique IF they didn't share limits with other HYBRIDS. Yes the Forte have superior Strength than their Hybrid cousins, but hybrids with versatility can make up for their weakness by covering other aspects. But i really feel that a Hybrid shouldn't be able to match abilities as a Forte it just doesn't feel right.

Do you use random caps on words just to make your posts obnoxious and unreadable?

Rashiid
Dec 27, 2007, 08:40 PM
All I read were the caps and was lol'ing pretty hard.

BluCast20xx
Dec 27, 2007, 09:24 PM
the way i see it is that once you reach level 100....everything stops sucking.

i've yet to see someone with a level 100 WT complain about their class.

Aviendha
Dec 27, 2007, 09:33 PM
On 2007-12-27 17:40, Rashiid wrote:

You need to cut it out with your tiny font shit too.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 27, 2007, 10:45 PM
On 2007-12-27 18:33, Aviendha wrote:

On 2007-12-27 17:40, Rashiid wrote:

You need to cut it out with your tiny font shit too.

An epic lulz that isn't so epic, yet, a lulz.

LTrav2k
Dec 28, 2007, 12:17 AM
I gotta disagree with the OP, because I also feel that WT are just fine the way they are. Now, every tech isn't going to be damaging for WT and you have to make choices on whether you want to have a tech for the SE (21+ yay!!!) or damage most of the time... but with S rank wands they get the job done when needed.

WT already can create a reasonable stat swing with buffs/debuffs to make combat easier, and level 30 skills deal more than enough damage. Plus, our damage with shadoogs is pretty crazy when you pair it up with casting or single handed melee.

AT are supposed to be the technic focused varient of the melee/tech hybrid, and if they don't have level 40 techs there's no reason for us to have them.

I wouldn't want level 31+ attack techs so that I'd lag myself to death on missions with the pretty lights anyways =/

Finalzone
Dec 28, 2007, 01:23 AM
Post #44 summarized very much about WT. The real problem is the inability for some player to be versatile and adapt to the job.