PDA

View Full Version : Beast and Cast Class bonus Lack...

Leahcim
Dec 26, 2007, 09:15 PM
Beasts and Casts each only get class bonuses for 1 class apiece while Newmans get 3(4?) and Humans 5

I understand that Humans need the class bonuses they get, but Beasts and Casts could stand to gain some bonuses.

How do these addictions sound?:

Beast Bonuses:
Male ONLY : Figunner ( Bonuses only effect HP and Defence)
Female ONLY : Wartecher ( Bonuses only effect ATA and TP )

Cast Bonuses:
Male ONLY : Acrofighter ( Bonuses only effect MST and EVA)
Female ONLY : Acrotecher ( Bonuses only effect HP and TP )

The bonuses would be minor and would only effect areas where the cobinations are weak... discus

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2007-12-26 18:32 ]</font>

Anduril
Dec 26, 2007, 09:19 PM
Addictions? No addiction is good. We need to get those bonuses off the sauce!
But I think just giving them a bonus for part-Hunter, part-Ranger classes, respectively would be a decent idea, seeing as Newmen get a bonus for all part-Force type(except Acrotecher, and Protranser).

RACast_Raiden
Dec 26, 2007, 09:22 PM
CASTs and Beasts already have their Race only Abilities (SUV and Nanoblasts)

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 26, 2007, 09:26 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/psu/guides/characters/specialties/nanoblast-3.jpg
http://psobb.blog.ocn.ne.jp/mattari/images/syugo30.jpg

THAT's why Beasts and CASTs don't get class bonuses outside of FF and FG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-12-26 18:34 ]</font>

RACast_Raiden
Dec 26, 2007, 09:26 PM
The already got Nanoblast and SUV...

Da_trader
Dec 26, 2007, 09:29 PM
nanoblast, SUV.

Rashiid
Dec 26, 2007, 09:30 PM
What the fuck are you talking about.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 26, 2007, 09:32 PM
PSOW lag ._.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-12-26 18:33 ]</font>

Deja
Dec 26, 2007, 09:35 PM
We get SUVs and Nanoblasts. SUVs can clear enemy spawns in seconds, and Nanoblasts can clear 2-3 enemy spawns in however long it lasts.

So I'm fine with that.

Pillan
Dec 26, 2007, 09:38 PM
I'd say bonuses are unnecessary for Beasts and Casts. Even with all the bonuses, Beasts and Casts are arguably better than human and Newman at every class except Fortetecher and then they get special abilities on top of that. So what's the point?

Also, why does everyone forget Newman gets a bonus as Fighgunner? Their bonus has nothing to do with -techer classes. Just Fortetecher, since every race gets a bonus in their Forte, and then all the partial classes since every race is supposed to be equally good at those (and the lack of a special and lack of ATP/HP would hurt both human and Newman without one).

-Tidus_415-
Dec 26, 2007, 10:31 PM
On 2007-12-26 18:30, Rashiid wrote:
What the fuck are you talking about.

...lol

Anyway...Newmans get Bonus as Fighgunner? You're making me wanna switch back to Fighguuner. Proof please?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Tidus_415- on 2007-12-26 19:32 ]</font>

Leahcim
Dec 26, 2007, 10:32 PM
haha, you changed what you said. Good call (eidtted)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leahcim on 2007-12-26 19:33 ]</font>

-Tidus_415-
Dec 26, 2007, 10:34 PM
Lol yeah. I kinda missed Pillan's post at 1st.

Pillan
Dec 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-12-26 19:31, -Tidus_415- wrote:
Anyway...Newmans get Bonus as Fighgunner? You're making me wanna switch back to Fighguuner. Proof please?

Is the JP Wiki (http://suimasen.sakura.ne.jp/aaaphp/index.php?%A5%CD%A5%C3%A5%C8%A5%EF%A1%BC%A5%AF%A5% E2%A1%BC%A5%C9%2F%C0%EF%C6%AE%A5%BF%A5%A4%A5%D7%2F %A5%B9%A5%C6%A1%BC%A5%BF%A5%B9#gd024367) good enough?

Or you could go through and test levels where different classes are supposed to have the same multipliers and prove to yourself that it's more or less than it should be as Fighgunner. Either way, it's there and it's very obvious; just constantly overlooked.

Rashiid
Dec 26, 2007, 10:39 PM
Pfft, I'm lookin` for like a 20% bonus. not these babyass 2% and shit.

-Tidus_415-
Dec 26, 2007, 10:41 PM
On 2007-12-26 19:36, Pillan wrote:

On 2007-12-26 19:31, -Tidus_415- wrote:

Is the JP Wiki (http://suimasen.sakura.ne.jp/aaaphp/index.php?%A5%CD%A5%C3%A5%C8%A5%EF%A1%BC%A5%AF%A5% E2%A1%BC%A5%C9%2F%C0%EF%C6%AE%A5%BF%A5%A4%A5%D7%2F %A5%B9%A5%C6%A1%BC%A5%BF%A5%B9#gd024367) good enough?

Or you could go through and test levels where different classes are supposed to have the same multipliers and prove to yourself that it's more or less than it should be as Fighgunner. Either way, it's there and it's very obvious; just constantly overlooked.

Whoa! Thank you. Back to Fighgunner!

Sexy_Raine
Dec 28, 2007, 06:36 PM
On 2007-12-26 18:38, Pillan wrote:
I'd say bonuses are unnecessary for Beasts and Casts. Even with all the bonuses, Beasts and Casts are arguably better than human and Newman at every class except Fortetecher and then they get special abilities on top of that. So what's the point?

Also, why does everyone forget Newman gets a bonus as Fighgunner? Their bonus has nothing to do with -techer classes. Just Fortetecher, since every race gets a bonus in their Forte, and then all the partial classes since every race is supposed to be equally good at those (and the lack of a special and lack of ATP/HP would hurt both human and Newman without one).

Um, cast & beasts aren't better AF and AT.

Pillan
Dec 28, 2007, 06:54 PM

On 2007-12-28 15:36, Sexy_Raine wrote:

The key word, arguably, is in bold since you missed it. I won't actually present the arguments since it's really not all that important to this thread and I'm sure you've heard them all before.

Apone
Dec 28, 2007, 07:26 PM
There is a reason for the different race class combonations. Pick what suits you wether you have to "suffer" or not. I mean there are so many options. I think the race class coombonations are fine. I do not wish or need anything to give advantages to the path Ive chosen.

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 07:47 PM

AT tech damage blows, so the TP lack doesn't matter. Meaning Cast and Beast are better at AT. Shadoog damage is meh, so the TP lack doesn't matter. Meaning Cast and Beast are better at AF.

gryphonvii
Dec 28, 2007, 07:57 PM
AT tech damage doesn't blow, I'm human still hitting close to 2000 with foie, nothing compared to newman FT but I still find myself using spells more, especially ra-spells since I can cast them so fast, add a sori-tech charge and the diiference gets even smaller for damage, AT spells don't seem to be that good if you're a cast or beast, but we all agreed on that a long time ago, so if you are one of those races than more than likely gonna have buffs and then switch to a saber or something.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 28, 2007, 08:00 PM
Well, maybe Beast would be better at the Acros, but I don't know about CASTs because Human's 5% bonus puts their ATP REALLY close to CAST, while beating them at the other important stats, making the CAST redundant. CAST isn't bad, but Human appears to make CAST redundant in both Acros.

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 08:01 PM
On 2007-12-28 16:57, gryphonvii wrote:
AT tech damage doesn't blow, I'm human still hitting close to 2000 with foie, nothing compared to newman FT but I still find myself using spells more, especially ra-spells since I can cast them so fast, add a sori-tech charge and the diiference gets even smaller for damage, AT spells don't seem to be that good if you're a cast or beast, but we all agreed on that a long time ago, so if you are one of those races than more than likely gonna have buffs and then switch to a saber or something.

AT outdamages techs with melee on melee-resistant enemies.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 28, 2007, 08:15 PM
On 2007-12-28 16:47, Aviendha wrote:

AT tech damage blows, so the TP lack doesn't matter. Meaning Cast and Beast are better at AT. Shadoog damage is meh, so the TP lack doesn't matter. Meaning Cast and Beast are better at AF.

Um no, they are inferior AT's. My Dam-techs as an AT pretty much destroy anything that isn't a large enemy.

AT melee damage is only superior on a few larger enemies, and AT melee sucks on most bosses.

Spinning Strike damage is overrated as it can easily be knocked out of the combo, and only targets one enemy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-28 17:25 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 28, 2007, 08:18 PM
When my female newman was an AT, I'd rather throw Diga or Foie on the White Dragon than melee because I knew that walking up close to it would mean pain and death for me. I use techs on WT and AT when I'm in a situation when I see a monster that I'd rather not fight up close. Everything else though, I'd use melee.

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 08:30 PM
On 2007-12-28 17:15, Sexy_Raine wrote:

Um no, they are inferior AT's. My Dam-techs as an AT pretty much destroy anything that isn't a large enemy.

AT melee damage is only superior on a few larger enemies, and AT melee sucks on most bosses.

AT melee does not suck on bosses, especially compared to AT Techs. And I'm not even going to argue with you on Tech vs. Melee on non-boss enemies since this argument has already been done to death (FYI, techs lost)

mvffin
Dec 28, 2007, 08:39 PM
Melee AT makes me LOL.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 28, 2007, 08:41 PM
On 2007-12-28 17:30, Aviendha wrote:

On 2007-12-28 17:15, Sexy_Raine wrote:

AT melee does not suck on bosses, especially compared to AT Techs. And I'm not even going to argue with you on Tech vs. Melee on non-boss enemies since this argument has already been done to death (FYI, techs lost)

AT melee is garbage on most bosses, 4 weapons is isn't gonna get you through every mission by yourself. It's only for situational perpuses

Pillan
Dec 28, 2007, 08:45 PM
On 2007-12-28 17:39, mvffin wrote:
Melee AT makes me LOL.

You really should try it. As a Caseal still stuck at AT 10 (decided to switch and attempt to max it yesterday), I can easily get 1550 x 18 with the second part of the second whip PA.

It's really the difference between looking at how high the stats are and actually considering how they relate to one another.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-28 17:46 ]</font>

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 08:47 PM
On 2007-12-28 17:41, Sexy_Raine wrote:
AT melee is garbage on most bosses, 4 weapons is isn't gonna get you through every mission by yourself. It's only for situational perpuses

Vivi Danga on Vish Adac on a M Beast AT does 6% less damage than M Beast FF Jabroga on Ank Zagaza. Name an enemy that Dagger/Whip/Saber/Cards/Twin Handguns cannot deal with.

Vickie
Dec 28, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-12-26 18:26, Shiroryuu wrote:

THAT's why Beasts and CASTs don't get class bonuses outside of FF and FG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2007-12-26 18:34 ]</font>

lol nice one,casts dont need anything , and if your really good you dont even need an suv(I almost never use mine), i dont know about beasts because ive never played as one. what they should do is give suvs to humans, but im not really gonna go into detail about why i think that because i dont wanna seem like i think im the best. If they made the espada instant kill no matter what then id probably use that alot but the damage the others do you can easily put out those numbers yourself (aside from meteor attacker).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vickie on 2007-12-28 17:56 ]</font>

Sexy_Raine
Dec 28, 2007, 08:50 PM
ok, i haven't tried the 2nd whip. I have it, but I haven't gotten around to using it. Give me some time, I will level it.

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 08:55 PM
On 2007-12-28 17:50, Sexy_Raine wrote:
ok, i haven't tried the 2nd whip. I have it, but I haven't gotten around to using it. Give me some time, I will level it.

It's kinda a slow transition from 1st part to 2nd. I don't want you to think I'm against Tech AT or anything, I just think melee is a little more effective. I'd like to see AT/WT techs get a 20% boost like Rods did. It really doesn't even matter though, since everything dies in 10 seconds in a party anyway. Every AT could Buff/Debuff and then pick their nose and it wouldn't make much difference.

Pillan
Dec 28, 2007, 08:59 PM
But, yeah, that’s exactly why I used the clarifier arguably. Depending on how much you value attack techs, the resta recovery value, and shadoog damage, you can put Beasts and Casts higher or lower on the scale for any given class. (Except the 2 which don’t use shadoogs or techs, obviously.) You can also lower them depending on how much you value EVP and MST as well.

It’s more of an opinion than anything else either way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-28 18:01 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 28, 2007, 09:19 PM
Yeah, guess you're right. I kind of do value EVP quite a bit on Fighter classes since having a higher EVP would mean higher chances of blocking things like Hentai worms [Jellen >.<], Svaltus Tornado swords [Zalure >.<], and other knock back attacks, and if I block such a thing, I'm still standing there, and able to fight without having to get up and run back to the enemy, and I can Just Counter and get a crit, which is pretty nice. Yeah, I won't block all the time, but that kind of makes me value high EVP even more, unlike ATA which can go to the point of overkill since you're more likely than not hitting them. Yeah, like you said though, its just me, and you're you and you have your style.

Sexy_Raine
Dec 28, 2007, 09:19 PM
I don't bash all melee either. I find Rising Strike very useful as an AT, and find it very helpful on certain enemies. I find it annoying getting knocked out of combos, and relying on the 2nd part of most of them. Just my opinion though. In fact, I carry a single saber on my palette as AT at all times, and I'll definitely use the Blackheart once I find it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2007-12-28 18:37 ]</font>