PDA

View Full Version : Acrofighters

Leahcim
Dec 26, 2007, 10:43 PM
Just Wanna see if this makes any sense to people, because it doesn't too me -.-

Acrofighter is meant to be a speedy, agile, accurate hunter right? Its main drawback was supposed to be its lack of big bad numbers because of the lack of spears, axes, swords and double Sabers.

1) This agile Hunter has better Defence than Figunners and Wartechers ( the Defencive Hunter ) by quite a bit. Remember how much beez use to piss people off because of their broken high ass Eva AND Def/Hp? ya, Acrofighters are the Beez of hunters.

2) thanks to the first PA of Slicers, this one handed Melee weapon can dish out more/equal damage to spears and other big, bad two handed melee weapons. This PA is broken. The noticeable uselessness of The ult Slicer PA in comparison is also a testament to this

Fixing one or the other would be good... Is SEga ever going to? =/

Shadix
Dec 26, 2007, 10:52 PM
No, because fixing either of those would make Acrofighters useless... :E

If my beautiful sanzu-hiken slicer gets nerfed I'm going to cry. :<

Also, I must add, why the heck do you care if we are supposedly "broken"? This isn't WoW where class differentiations directly affect the non-using character (PSU has no PVP), not to mention PSU gives you the ability to switch classes with relative ease.

My only frustration has been that there isn't that much for them outside of slicers... I fail to see any tactical difference between using a 1h claw, dagger, or saber. They all seem to be quite the same in usefulness, and having a crimson I really have no other good weapon types to invest on, having only A rank on specific twin weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadix on 2007-12-26 19:54 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 26, 2007, 11:19 PM
Sabers, Daggers, and Claws are very useful weapons for Acrofighters, and in fact, I find myself using Sabers or Daggers much more often than I use Slicers, and this is with Chikki Kyoren-jin at level 39. Buten Shuren-zan, Hikai Shuha-zan, Gravity Strike, Rising Strike, Spinning Strike, and Shousen Totsuzan-ga are all good PAs for an Acrofighter. So yeah, Slicers or not, Acrofighters are not useless, they have other things than Slicers to use. Ranting done, I'm just sick of the whole Acrofighter Slicer stereotype.

Acrofighters are just fine the way they are, they're supposed to be the tanks of this game with their high EVP, MST, DFP, and HP. Also, about Chikki Kyoren-jin, it already got nerfed, although I'd like it to get nerfed again. As I already stated, Acrofighters don't need Slicers to be brokenly hax in order for them to be useful, because Sabers, Daggers, and Claws can rip stuff up pretty good as well, and are better for some situations than Slicers too.

_K1_
Dec 26, 2007, 11:22 PM
AFs are more limited in weapon choice than the other hunters. No axe means no Jabroga, and no spear means no Majarra. Sure, there are slicers (which no one I've played with complained about, but I'm a newman, so maybe no one notices my hueg numbers T_T), but other hunters use them too.

On 2007-12-26 19:52, Shadix wrote:
My only frustration has been that there isn't that much for them outside of slicers... I fail to see any tactical difference between using a 1h claw, dagger, or saber. They all seem to be quite the same in usefulness, and having a crimson I really have no other good weapon types to invest on, having only A rank on specific twin weapons.

The big differences are in the PAs you can use with each one, not so much their base stats (esp. wrt. Sabers vs Claws)

Laranas
Dec 26, 2007, 11:34 PM
It is kinda odd that stat-wise, AF is higher than WT on everything except MST and HP, and HP is 130% vs 124% at Lv15.

HaydenX
Dec 27, 2007, 12:08 AM
I love my claws and slicers. The shadoog is amazing, esp. with the surprisingly high TP modifier for a Hunter class.

Claws are great for one-on-one. I also use my crimson for a lot of things too (enemies with 3 or more hitboxes).

I do use chikki a lot for swarms of small-medium size enemies.

All in all, I enjoy using my shadoogs the most. They add so much DPS and SE.

Pengfishh
Dec 27, 2007, 12:15 AM
Meh, it's a fun class to play and happens to focus on what I want to play with, be better stat-wise than other melee classes, and has use of Cards. Wonderful, this one. Slicers I rarely, if ever, even use.

gryphonvii
Dec 27, 2007, 12:34 AM
I like it for the speed, ,y daggers go sooooo fast.

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 12:58 AM
After lvling both classes to 12 I have found (at least at that lvl) that AF are better than FiG ina ll stats except for atp! lol which isnt by much and their quick speed easily makes up for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AF is a really good fighting class and their only real downsides are that FF are strongest still >.> loljk

the downside is only that they have a limited weapon selection.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 27, 2007, 01:04 AM
Yeah, but if they didn't have such a limited weapon selection, it'd be pretty broken, I like it as it is now.

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 01:09 AM
ummm yea im hitting quick 1000's with my dagger on the De rol le on S XD lol!

The first Dagger PA should not be hitting 1000's with a 14% fire dagger on a boss lol.

but it still is my favorite class and not as broken as FF.

But then again all fighters are broken http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Pengfishh
Dec 27, 2007, 01:13 AM
My weapon selection is not limited at all. I can carry four cards, for attached weapons, and two others, usually twin daggers and twin handguns. It rarely comes about that I have to switch weapons during a mission anymore, and even so, what does a fighter have to do other than direct damage and effected damage (ie. knockback/knockup), and I can do that with just Single Dagger (Buten/Hiken and Shunbu). And then I have my ranged damage in the other hand with Cards.

So! Acrofighter is as versatile as its player can be. This is how I feel.

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 01:17 AM
ssshhhhh pengfish be quiet! If we have no excuse for their awesome power the people will complain! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif lol

but yea i have twiin claws, twin handguns, twin daggers, single daggers single claws, and single sabers always on my character http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif along with slicers and shadoogs of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garanz-Baranz
Dec 27, 2007, 01:26 AM
In the five primary melee classes, AF isn't the most broken, actually, in honesty, none are.

Fortefighter is the best with melee, and has starstruck HP, DFP, and ATP, but can only use the Handgun as a Range weapon. This clas can survive most any attack, due to a surplus of 2000 HP easy, even higher as CAST or Beast.

Fighgunner weilds Crossbow, Twin Hg, and Mechgun at Lv30, but have no sheer DFP or HP to survive as a Fortefighter can. the addition of Slicers boost their "gunner-like" quality

Wartecher is by far the MOST versitile class, being able to use Bows, Cards, Shadoogs even, most universal Melee weapons, and Techs, with the capability of Rod mimicry, they can be used in nearly any situation. However, their main stats suffer, ATP, DFP, ATA, and even EVP slightly, they have high HP though. and with the recent update, WT can now use at minimum 5 different S-grade weapons, like Fighgunner.

Acrofighter is just the super fast single weilder, and the best with Shadoogs, thus their high TP. their weakness is slightly lesser ATP, and lacking in pallet formation.

Protranser, which CAN be considered a Melee Class, is a near opposite of Fighgunner. This Class has the least out of most stats between all the fighters, but this class has access to the strongest Melee and Ranged weapons in the game, excluding Cards, Slicers, and a few other posible strong weapons

All in all, as this Discussion is on Acrofighter, it's disadvantages are souly a bad pallet, andlacking ATP mostly. making it just as even with other Classes. even PT.

Dragwind
Dec 27, 2007, 03:46 AM
I think you're looking at it in a very, very narrow light. You're missing many details like PA's and uses in different situations. Stats don't mean everything.