PDA

View Full Version : idea about element % with techs -zonde inspired

galaxy
Dec 27, 2007, 02:45 AM
as i've been advancing my fortetecher into the 90's, and into the 30+ tech levels, i've noticed something quite disturbing...my zonde skills have been severely neglected. what i've noticed, to my dissapointment, is that even against earth elemental creatures, zonde still doesn't seem to be the element of choice. ice, fire, and sometimes even earth itself make better spell selections against those enemies then the element that's supposed to be opposite them. paralysis is great and all, but the nature of earth type enemies can be tackled by a strong diga, dambarta, foie, damfoie...

so a suggestion here: make elemental % for techers matter a little more. instead of having a 4% boost for each matching element, make it, maybe, 8%? the most this would do really is give each element a slight boost to it's opposite, to motivate techers to use the opposite techs. i mean, for a class that's damage is ENTIRELY elemental, i would think it would make more sense to have more emphasis on elemental % for techers than for melee's.

thoughts?

Dragwind
Dec 27, 2007, 03:43 AM
Techs are already very powerful in their own right. Just put together a zonde elemental rod. I've had no problem with zonde element on ground enemies. The shock makes up for it, IMO.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 27, 2007, 04:18 AM
Just level them up. My zonde is level 26 and i can deal a good 1000-1500 to each enemy. And my techer is only 58.

Pillan
Dec 27, 2007, 09:50 AM
You do realize that techs start with a hidden 11% element mod at level 1 and gain 1% element for each level after that, right? The element mod on the weapon is then added to that. So a rod with 4 techs of the same element and a level 40 tech would have a 62% element mod, not the 12% you see.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 27, 2007, 11:44 AM
I kinda agree with Galaxy on this one. Most of my attack TECH have reached their final stage of evolving. But it wouldn't hurt to ask for just a little more Elemental %.
It's only fair.
Hunters can get 50% axes, slicers, longswords...
Yet, we get a horrid 4% on Wands, and a slightly, yet mere 12% on Rods.
For each evolutionary stage, we should gotten an extra bonus percentile, as in Elemental Bullets. D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Poncho_Jr on 2007-12-27 08:46 ]</font>

Umberger
Dec 27, 2007, 11:54 AM
As Pillan said, TECHNICS have a Level + 10% element modifier. We can effectively get higher % weapons than any other class really.

Telina
Dec 27, 2007, 12:03 PM
actually zonde gets to be more powerful (percent wise) than barta. by about 20-30% in the later levels And yea, TEChs are insainly powerful now. But don't forget you get every level a spell gains its elemental % increases by 1. So a level 30 Zonde would be kinda like a 30% lightning weapon, in that, 30% of its damage will be lightning bases.

Bitey
Dec 27, 2007, 01:14 PM
The problem you are having is not elemental because there is no problem with elementals, as others have said. A level 28 techniques on a 12% element rod has an element modifier of 50%, which is the highest any other class can reach.

To me it seems that you suffer from the "OMG BIG NUMBARZ!" syndrome. You think Diga and Foie are better Techniques against same element creatures because one single hit deals more damage than say Zonde against an Earth monster. While Diga may hit for a larger number against one Earth creature, you totally neglect that Zonde can deal far more damage over time if you hit more than one creature every casting which Diga is incapable of doing.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with technique elemental modifiers, you just need to think more creatively about how you use your techniques. Outgrow the "Diga Spammer" stage already...

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 01:24 PM
This is my pallet on my AT

Wand/ Madoog(Diga, gidiga/nos diga resta)
Wand/madoog (Foie, rafoie/rabarta, dambarta)
Wand/madoog(Buffs)
Whip/madoog(razonde/gizonde)
wand/kikami(Reverser/Giresta)
Twin handgun

being a gunner for over 2300 hours on this game, i know how to go through my pallet quickly and change PAs quickly, to fit the situation i am in. So I only need Giresta on 1-2 of my wands, and i can still resta people pretty well, and take advantage of the increased elemental percent on my weapon even if it isnt that high http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: Most of the time i have some of those switched with ramegid, and dammegid though too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-12-27 10:25 ]</font>

DraginHikari
Dec 27, 2007, 02:22 PM
On 2007-12-27 06:50, Pillan wrote:
You do realize that techs start with a hidden 11% element mod at level 1 and gain 1% element for each level after that, right? The element mod on the weapon is then added to that. So a rod with 4 techs of the same element and a level 40 tech would have a 62% element mod, not the 12% you see.

Really... I had no idea at all XD