PDA

View Full Version : Nest of Darkness

lethe
Dec 27, 2007, 03:58 AM
http://psupedia.info/Nest_of_Darkness

i dont know if this mission is available in japan, but if it is and anyone has pics of the three new enemies listed then please post them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rainu
Dec 27, 2007, 04:36 AM
Is the mission in this video the one in question?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HkpK4QmwNq4

A2K
Dec 27, 2007, 04:50 AM
Right now, it's only available on the Japanese PC and PlayStation 2 servers.

Indica
Dec 27, 2007, 07:44 AM
Why is a crappy 6* Wand dropping in boss box on S?

Miren
Dec 27, 2007, 07:47 AM
Megid shooting turret + shitty boss drop = no thanks

Konstanse_Xx
Dec 27, 2007, 07:53 AM
The Megid seems to be just like the Barta traps in White Beast, just flashy animation. >_>

Dragon_Knight
Dec 27, 2007, 08:57 AM
Well....I'm going to hate this mission too. I doubt any megid throwing thing is going to lack the instokill effect...so yea I forsee this mission as a pure pain. Too bed the reskins look kinda cool.

Shiryuu
Dec 27, 2007, 01:18 PM
As long as you don't use any light weapons/attacks, the only things that can kill you with instant death are deljabans.

amtalx
Dec 27, 2007, 01:35 PM
Doesn't Ryucross drop a gunner weapon?! GIB NAO!

Laranas
Dec 27, 2007, 01:36 PM
On 2007-12-27 04:47, Miren wrote:
Megid shooting turret + shitty boss drop = no thanksPosts like this make my lol because people turn around and complain about the lack of challenge in the game.

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 01:37 PM
On 2007-12-27 10:35, amtalx wrote:

lol nudaiz laser cannon! go ahead take it! lol

Kylie
Dec 27, 2007, 01:48 PM
Aww, I kind of like this mission... it looks pretty epic. -_-; @ the music, though.

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 01:52 PM
I have had the privilege Humiliation of playing this horrible mission.

It looks nice but isnt that great on MP, EXP, or drops at ALL.

completely pointless unless u just feel like playing a new mission.

The only worthwhile drop here is the nudaiz laser cannon and thats saying a lot.

also the megid turrets dont do anything >.> lol

i purposely stood in front of one for a long time, not only did it not kill me, it hardly did any damage either XD

amtalx
Dec 27, 2007, 02:50 PM
On 2007-12-27 10:37, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-12-27 10:35, amtalx wrote:

lol nudaiz laser cannon! go ahead take it! lol

Srsly. C'mon ST. Why must you do this?!?!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

Libram
Dec 27, 2007, 03:04 PM
What are the enemy levels for each rank? I noticed it's taking two shots of Radiga to kill a Delsaban on C.

EspioKaos
Dec 27, 2007, 03:07 PM
That link in the very first post displays the levels of the enemies in each rank of this mission.

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 27, 2007, 03:16 PM
This mission proves that Dulk Fakis can mate with Grass Assassin. The Pokedex expansion continues...

Miren
Dec 27, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-12-27 10:36, Laranas wrote:

Megid shooting turret + shitty boss drop = no thanksPosts like this make my lol because people turn around and complain about the lack of challenge in the game.

Post like this makes me lol too cause ppl need to see the drop chart first. I never said I dont like challenge, challenge is good if there is GOOD drops. Why go all the trouble for those drops?

ZodiacNKnight
Dec 27, 2007, 06:31 PM
SEED Infested Relics... Been out awhile in JP.

Xaeris
Dec 27, 2007, 06:42 PM
On 2007-12-27 10:18, Shiryuu wrote:
As long as you don't use any light weapons/attacks, the only things that can kill you with instant death are deljabans.

Pardon my lack of understanding, but what would kill me if I chose to use light weapons?

Aviendha
Dec 27, 2007, 07:06 PM
Hmm...does the Shura-hikec look as awesome as Shura-hiken when you do Chikki? If so, that larger PP pool/regen is tempting...

Shiryuu
Dec 27, 2007, 07:18 PM
On 2007-12-27 15:42, Xaeris wrote:

Pardon my lack of understanding, but what would kill me if I chose to use light weapons?

The flower monsters spit techs opposite of the element attack you're using. If you use light, it'll use megid (it normally uses megid though). So as long as you you don't use light weapons/attacks on it, there is no chance of getting hit by megid.

Soukosa
Dec 27, 2007, 07:38 PM
On 2007-12-27 10:52, pikachief wrote:
I have had the privilege Humiliation of playing this horrible mission.

It looks nice but isnt that great on MP, EXP, or drops at ALL.

completely pointless unless u just feel like playing a new mission.

The only worthwhile drop here is the nudaiz laser cannon and thats saying a lot.

also the megid turrets dont do anything >.> lol

i purposely stood in front of one for a long time, not only did it not kill me, it hardly did any damage either XD

Yep. This mission proves that ST has really lost their touch with level design. It is pathetic and yet another recycling of area models and maps -_-

I also must congratulate PSUpedia people for helping to harm the community with unofficial fan made names for things. There's no official english name for this mission yet and the original Japanese name isn't even like that at all. Better to just call it the "lame Ryucross mission" than slapping some name you like on it and confusing the fuck out of people later on.

EspioKaos
Dec 27, 2007, 09:35 PM
On 2007-12-27 16:38, Soukosa wrote:
I also must congratulate PSUpedia people for helping to harm the community with unofficial fan made names for things. There's no official english name for this mission yet and the original Japanese name isn't even like that at all. Better to just call it the "lame Ryucross mission" than slapping some name you like on it and confusing the fuck out of people later on.

Harm the community with fan-made names? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

What's your problem? If you don't like the work we're doing, then don't visit the damn site. I'm sorry that you don't like my translation of the mission's name, but I was trying to put myself in the localization team's shoes for a moment. I wanted a name that was concise but kept at least a bit of the original meaning of the Japanese name. Kuroki hoshi ni sukuu mono is the original name. A direct translation would be "The Things That Nest Within the Black Planet." Oh, yes. It's got quite a nice ring to it, huh? "Nest of Darkness" shortens it down while getting the same message across.

And confusing people later on? Didn't seem to confuse people when we knew "Sacred Stream" as "Temple of Water" or "Awoken Serpent" as "Serpent's Awakening" or "White Beast" as "Sacred White Beast" or "Hill of Spores" as "Mushroom Hill." Oh! And "Lightning Beasts" was originally known as "City of Thunder Beasts" while "Scarred Planet" was "Planet's Scar." Want me to keep going? I'd be more than happy to do so!

Get off it. You're right; there are no official localizations for the names of these missions. That's where the fans have to step in. We've been doing it for years and it's never been a problem. If you don't like it, then stick to the Japanese version of the game and don't bother with the community you're not a part of.

Xaeris
Dec 27, 2007, 09:46 PM
On 2007-12-27 16:18, Shiryuu wrote:

The flower monsters spit techs opposite of the element attack you're using. If you use light, it'll use megid (it normally uses megid though). So as long as you you don't use light weapons/attacks on it, there is no chance of getting hit by megid.

...Ob Lillies? Ob Lillies?! I'll kill them, I'll kill them all!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Xaeris on 2007-12-27 18:46 ]</font>

Noblewine
Dec 27, 2007, 10:05 PM
I like the idea of a new mission it will keep me busy when I need to unwind after work. I wonder if solo'ing will be a slight problem due to the fact that torrect will spam Megid. ><

mvffin
Dec 27, 2007, 11:09 PM
no good drops? I dont know about you guys, but shura-hiken and gekitsnata will make me do this mission a lot.

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-12-27 15:25, Miren wrote:

On 2007-12-27 10:36, Laranas wrote:

Post like this makes me lol too cause ppl need to see the drop chart first. I never said I dont like challenge, challenge is good if there is GOOD drops. Why go all the trouble for those drops?

trouble? the megid doesnt kill u i said http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ad i thought that the 10* slicer ddint drop and jsut the shura-hikic did http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ffuzzy-Logik
Dec 27, 2007, 11:33 PM
On 2007-12-27 18:35, EspioKaos wrote:
Oh! And "Lightning Beasts" was originally known as "City of Thunder Beasts" while "Scarred Planet" was "Planet's Scar." Want me to keep going? I'd be more than happy to do so!
Oh, oh! Don't forget the time we called Gekitsnata Gekitsunata. I bet that confused the hell out of people, mwahahahaha.

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 11:49 PM
On 2007-12-27 16:18, Shiryuu wrote:

and that is my ultimate plan to lvling up dark bullets/techs!

shoot it with dark and it heals! GWAHAHA http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

beatrixkiddo
Dec 28, 2007, 12:02 AM
I'm sure it uses Grants, rather than Resta.

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 12:05 AM
well i shjot it with my dark twin handguns by accident and it started healing itself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

beatrixkiddo
Dec 28, 2007, 12:06 AM
:< dunno then, I only fought those a few times when I tried out MA G.

ayrista
Dec 28, 2007, 10:27 AM
On 2007-12-27 16:38, Soukosa wrote:

I think slight confusion in translations is accepted among the people who use the fan based info sites. Seems lame that one of the few people who do go out of their way to provide that info would critisize the others that do. I would think you guys worked together. I appreciate all the sites, including psupedia, and I am well aware that all the sites have flaws.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ayrista on 2007-12-28 07:27 ]</font>

Hrith
Dec 28, 2007, 10:57 AM
I think PSUpedia's translations are far better than the official ones =/

Ronin1of47
Dec 28, 2007, 11:49 AM
On 2007-12-27 20:09, mvffin wrote:
no good drops? I dont know about you guys, but shura-hiken and gekitsnata will make me do this mission a lot.

and the Hard Power Charge Dropping on A rank wont keep me away either