PDA

View Full Version : Luck Maiden... maybe worth a read and your opinion!

Turbobrain
Dec 27, 2007, 04:10 AM
Further to my post earlier I have done a considerable amount of research on this subject. It seems that a lot of people, including myself where(are still) unsure of certain factors in this. What I am proposing is not FACT, however, after repeated tests, conversations with long time players and various postings around the web it is very likely.

Ok, most of you know the 'luck maiden' at the Light Temple on Neudaiz can alter your luck for better or for worse. In order to do this you need to 'donate' money or buy bamboo, pine etc for 100, 1000, 10000(Pine, Bamboo and so on).

Many people believe that the more you donate and the more likely you seem to get higher luck and indeed can cite personal experience.

Certainly on my server(PC/PS2) the difference in the messeta amounts are not really significant so most it is likely most people would 'buy' the best chance possible of obtaining the highest luck. Well this is most probably NOT the case.

At this time I am too tired to type results and so on but out of my and many of my friends experiences it would appear that the amount DOES NOT relate to the amount of luck but to the duration you have it for.

You should know that I can now confirm that at the 12:00 PCT 'luck change' time, this change WILL not affect you if your 'luck maiden' luck is still within its duration. This is fact. It will so if you have 3 from her and your 'normal luck' is 0 you will stick with 3 until the time that the 'divine maiden' luck has finished. Currently I have heard from people that have suggested they for them that duration lasted for a couple of hours till a couple of days. However these are EXTREME examples and the www being what it is you have to factor in the BS factor. I would reckon on 4-12 hours as the normal.

This information is particually pertinent as if you know that in a few hours time your luck will change to 3 but at the this time it is 0, from the last paragraph it would be wise either not take the gamble. Or alternativaly try and obtain a 'shorter period' by paying LESS. Anyhow, I know people will be saying 'but I got 3 luck for 3 days and so did my friend' or 'we went for the 'cheaper luck' and we always get zero'. But there are always exceptions to the norms... I mean people still question to usefullness of luck altogether but thats a well trodden path that I'm not going down. However, this comes from the admittedly few confirmed results I and friends have so far.

Ok, I am REAL tired so I apologise if this post comes across badly grammaticaly and tings and a I cannot claim MOST of it as fact but based on my and a good few other experienced players experience this would seem to be the case.

We are fortuanate, at least on the US servers, to know many hours in advance what the luck for our particular race/sex will be from this site, psupedia and from a couple of Japanese sites I have in my bookmarks. This s is simply because we copy the Japanese servers luck wise. It is well worth bearing in mind that the one FACT here is that once you get luck from the 'luck maiden' you are stuck with it for the duration it is intended to last. 'Normal luck' changes do NOT affect it although it will revert to that when it ends. So choose carefully if you know your going to get 3 luck in the next few hours and will be online!

I welcome any constructive comments and opinions on this subject. I will carry on recording results and researching as for me the luck maiden was one of the most exciting features of recent updates.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turbobrain on 2007-12-27 01:13 ]</font>

Jainsea
Dec 28, 2007, 02:16 PM
one thing I didnt think was possible was for her to give Zero
luck when you already had Zero luck -.- Its happened to me twice
and I picked two differnt "luck" options. (i think 1st time it was the
middle one, then next day it was the top one)

ErtaiClou
Dec 28, 2007, 03:24 PM
I apologize if this has been brought up before but I'm curious as to just how random the luck distribution from the shrine maiden is. I was talking with another Newman male who also bought the bamboo fortune and on two occasions and we both ended up with the same luck. I realize that the results of that alone hardly constitutes a finite source, but I'm wondering if there is a daily set time frame where race/gender=X luck from shrine maiden. Much the way luck is currently assigned daily.

Akaimizu
Dec 28, 2007, 03:28 PM
Random luck is a great thing to me. I remember long times where weeks went by, for even Female Humans, where they had constant zero luck. So any is better than none. I know I'll be using that shrine maiden.

amtalx
Dec 28, 2007, 03:30 PM
*facepalm*

I totally forgot about her. And here I've been cursing my weak luck since the 1UP bonus ended.