PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding what class to play?

Ultima85
Dec 27, 2007, 12:19 PM
Hello. Sorry if this post is a bit too long, but I feel the need to explain my situation properly. I played PSU on the day it was released, but decided to quit shortly after that, since there were hardly any quests to do and I got bored very quickly and never bothered to play the single player game.

Now I've just started playing again, just completed the single player game and I'm having trouble deciding what class I should play. When I played through the single player game, my favourite weapon, BY FAR, was the Double Saber!

As soon as I got the first Double Saber type weapon, I used nothing else till the end of the game. It reminds me of PSO so much, since it's a very fast weapon, and the photon art tornado dance just pwnz too much lol! I like weapons that hit multiple enemies, like the big sword, but it is way too slow and it just gives enemies a chance to get a hit in when I'm using that.

Anyway, onto the question. I know I'm definitely going to be a HUnter, I'm 100% sure of that. Most probably CAST, maybe Human. But I don't know what class to play. I know the only class in the game that can use the double saber is the Fighgunner, but all of the other melee weapons the fighgunner can use are all A-rank, which kind of bother's me.

My perfect class would be the Fortefighter, since I want to be a dedicated melee damage dealer and I don't care about technics and ranged much. But I want to use a double saber, it is what makes the game so much fun to me and reminds me of PSO. :/

What should I do?

Ultima85
Dec 27, 2007, 12:26 PM
Also... sorry about posting this topic 3 times. The website was heavily lagging for me when I tried to post this topic and posted it several times by accident. Is it possible to delete the other topics?

burninglink5
Dec 27, 2007, 12:29 PM
Fighgunner, definitely. They can use S rank double sabers, twin daggers, daggers, sabers, and twin sabers. As for race, I'd have to recommend CAST. The have much better ATP than humans, and they get SUV weapons.
Oh, and if you love double sabers so much, I can't help but point you in the direction of crea doubles (http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/1/1084/crea_doubles/) (replica of the old PSO double sabers).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burninglink5 on 2007-12-27 09:29 ]</font>

Ultima85
Dec 27, 2007, 12:34 PM
I have to level up Hunter to 5 and Ranger to 3 to acquire the Fighgunner class. I was wondering, is there any benefit to levelling Hunter and Ranger to level 10 each, once I switch to Fighgunner? Or would that only be beneficial to play other advanced classes? I doubt I will ever switch classes till I hit the level cap anyway...

Cry0
Dec 27, 2007, 12:35 PM
if you want double sabers, the answer is simply fighgunner. i'm a beast fighgunner/fortefighter (whichever suits my fancy at that particular time), and i use a hit unit in my armor. I have next to no problem with hitting things, and am most of the time the top damager of the team. I'm sure cast would have less hitting problems, and they get figu bonus, but heh. you'll always have to live with the fact that there are things out there that do more damage as a fighgunner. Could u live witht hat? COULD YOU? if unlike me and thus so, then cast fighgunner it is for you.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 27, 2007, 12:42 PM
Actually, Humans are the ones with the bonus for FI, not CAST. I say choose the race that looks the prettiest to you, although obviously, CAST is still better than Human, but not by much, at lv 130/15, the ATP is like 1396 for Male CAST FI, 1324 ATP for Male Human FI, Male Beast has 1508, and 1208 for Male Newman FI.

Rashiid
Dec 27, 2007, 12:43 PM
On 2007-12-27 09:34, Ultima85 wrote:
I have to level up Hunter to 5 and Ranger to 3 to acquire the Fighgunner class. I was wondering, is there any benefit to levelling Hunter and Ranger to level 10 each, once I switch to Fighgunner? Or would that only be beneficial to play other advanced classes? I doubt I will ever switch classes till I hit the level cap anyway...

Getting them to 10 doesn't do anything, except allow you to be the 'forte' of whatever class that is.

No stat boost or anything, if that is what you are wondering.

Ultima85
Dec 27, 2007, 12:48 PM
^ Yeah, that's what I was wondering. So basically it's not worth levelling them up anymore till I decide to play another advanced class then.

Ultima85
Dec 27, 2007, 12:49 PM
Well, thanks for all of your help guys. I'm going to create my character now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

burninglink5
Dec 27, 2007, 12:52 PM
No problem, what console are you on? If you're on 360, I'd be happy to set you up with a couple spare double sabers I have.

amtalx
Dec 27, 2007, 12:56 PM
Sounds like you've got some pretty good ideas here. I throw in my bit of advice though: If you are going to use Double Sabers, PLEASE don't spam Tornado Dance. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif It doesn't kill nearly as fast online as it does offline, and it is incredibly disruptive to other players. Other than that, enjoy the new missions, drops, and enemies.

NightHawk135
Dec 27, 2007, 12:58 PM
I think the fighgun class is over played i like the Forefighter and other fort classes, if your char is a human then class like wartecher guntecher and fighgunner work just fine, these are the mine class for each race

Beast - Forefight
Cast - Foregunner
Newman - Foretecher
Human - Mix classes (such as guntecher)

being the "right" class and race gives minor stat boosts

Ultima85
Dec 27, 2007, 01:05 PM
I'm playing the PC version.

I'll keep the "tornado dance" information in mind, I guess I will only spam it when I'm doing solo runs and use other double saber skill's in parties.

Also, can I buy the regular double sabers from NPC's once I have obtained my fighgunner class? Or is that just in offline mode?

burninglink5
Dec 27, 2007, 01:09 PM
Tornado dance is an Ultimate photon art anyway, so you won't be using that for a while in the first place. As for double sabers, you can buy the Double Saber and Bone Dance in the NPC from the start. The board for the Nightwalker is sold in the synthesis shop. The S rank double sabers cannot be bought from NPCs, but you could probably find them in player shops for a considerably cheap price.
Also, it might also be good to remember that because of the moderately high ATP requirements for double sabers, you won't be able to use them until your character is about level 30.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: burninglink5 on 2007-12-27 10:10 ]</font>

Cry0
Dec 27, 2007, 03:16 PM
nioghtwalkers etc r available for like 50k meseta in player shops.

linkz4461
Dec 27, 2007, 03:26 PM
!flames have topic this let