PDA

View Full Version : New to PSU questions!!!

Tokori
Dec 27, 2007, 05:03 PM
I'm sorry this kind of post is being posted, but I have a few questions about the game that I need help with...

[1] Are missions the only way that a player can level? For some reason I can't even make it through The Mask II (I'm only level 5). I was wondering if there is a way to just roam around and farm?

[2] Originally on PSO there was a four square system in the lower corner of the screen. Is there anything like this that I can set up? I want to have mates more readily available, but the only way I can get this to work is by holding B then switching, its not very efficient...

[3] Any suggestions to a new player???

Thanks =]

D1ABOLIK
Dec 27, 2007, 05:12 PM
1- Yes, run the first Linear Line mission and the first Parum flyer base mission.
2-:You have to hold B, thats the new system. Its not as efficient.
3-Take it slow,play at your own pace. Most people will gladly help if you ask them a question. If you need more detailed advice you can hit me up anytime. 360 side, GT is Bladed Phantom

________
Angelina jolie pics (http://www.angelinajoliepics.net/)

JAFO22000
Dec 27, 2007, 05:13 PM
On 2007-12-27 14:03, Tokori wrote:
I'm sorry this kind of post is being posted, but I have a few questions about the game that I need help with...

Don't apologize for asking questions!!

[1] Are missions the only way that a player can level? For some reason I can't even make it through The Mask II (I'm only level 5). I was wondering if there is a way to just roam around and farm?

Yes, missions are the only way to level, but it looks like you are accessing the online story missions. There are also free missions available, which is where the majority of the game take place. At your level, I would recommend running Unsafe Passage C and Fight For Food C. Look for other people around your level and help each other get better! These levels are located on the Guardians Colony, floor 4 in the northeast corner as you are looking at the stairs to go to the fifth floor. There are more free missions, but spend your time here for a bit ('til about level 10 or so) then maybe move to Parum.

[2] Originally on PSO there was a four square system in the lower corner of the screen. Is there anything like this that I can set up? I want to have mates more readily available, but the only way I can get this to work is by holding B then switching, its not very efficient...

Unfortunately, there is nothing like the "four square" system of PSO, however, a bit of practice with the new system and you won't miss the old one. With one-two button presses, you have access to 6 weapons and 6 items. Not a bad trade off.

[3] Any suggestions to a new player???

Run free missions. Find other players within a few levels of you to run with. Have fun!

Thanks =]

[/quote]

Tokori
Dec 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
Well where to I find these missions? I found the one called The Masked Girl or something and tried to make it through that one. Are you saying that you HAVE to level in missions and there is no other way?

Tokori
Dec 27, 2007, 05:14 PM
Sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif^ Posted too soon!

D1ABOLIK
Dec 27, 2007, 05:15 PM
You only way you level is by defeating creatures. The mask mission is on the 5th floor. You want to go down to the 4th floor in the back right corner. The door will say Linear Line. Play there for a while.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: D1ABOLIK on 2007-12-27 14:16 ]</font>
________
New Jersey Medical Marijuana (http://newjersey.dispensaries.org/)

JAFO22000
Dec 27, 2007, 05:17 PM
No problem. If you want to head to other planets, go to the Guardians Colony, 4th floor as well only head to the west (as you're facing the stairs to proceed to the fifth floor) and you'll see 3 boarding gates for each of the planets. Find the flyer base on each planet and you can access more free missions from there! The flyer bases are easy to find. Just explore a bit and you'll see them.

Tokori
Dec 27, 2007, 05:17 PM
Ok...Well I really want this game to be something that I can get hooked on like I did with PSO. It is a lot different than PSO and it is just a little overwhelming...well actually a lot!

Tokori
Dec 27, 2007, 05:20 PM
Cool. I have one more question. I found Photons? The are like IM-Photon...etc. What are these for? and should I keep them?

Krltplps
Dec 27, 2007, 05:26 PM
Photons are for crafting, just store them on your PM until way later. You'll need them someday. The max your PM can hold is 99 items. (edit - that's 99 of any one photon, other items have restrictions like you can only hold 10 scape dolls)

Actually that brings up a good point, talk to your PM and run the tutorial. I could be wrong but I swear the tutorial will show you exactly where the linear line is for running missions!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krltplps on 2007-12-27 14:28 ]</font>

D1ABOLIK
Dec 27, 2007, 05:26 PM
On 2007-12-27 14:20, Tokori wrote:
Cool. I have one more question. I found Photons? The are like IM-Photon...etc. What are these for? and should I keep them?

Yeah keep them. Especially when you find elemental photons. They are used in making weapons and armor. Different photons will give you a different element. Ban photons = fire ,etc. They will say what element they are on there info screen once you pick them up.

________
Girlfriends Pics (http://girlfriendpics.org)

HaydenX
Dec 27, 2007, 05:27 PM
Those items are materials for synthesis of weapons and armor. You can use your partner machine to make weapons (and just like the mags in PSO, you can level up your partner machine). What kind of character are you?

JAFO22000
Dec 27, 2007, 05:28 PM
Photons, along with most other things you will find, are for synthing weapons, armors and other miscellaneous items. As a general rule:

Photons: used to make neutral melee weapons/armor
Ray-photons: used to make ice melee weapons/armor
Ban-photons: used to make fire melee wepons/armor
Di-photons: used to make earth melee weapons/armor
Zon-photons: used to make lightning melee weapons/armor
Megi-photons: used to make dark melee weapons/armor
Gra-photons: used to make light melee weapons/armor
Im-photons: used to make ranged weapons
El-photons: used to make tech weapons.

Basically, photons are one "ingredient" needed to make an item. You can make item by finding or buying the board, inserting the board into your PM and selecting the 'sythesize and item' option after talking to your PM.

I recommend talking to your PM and going through the help and tutorials within.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 27, 2007, 07:18 PM
Another idea is to run story mode offline. That'll help you learn about the synthisizing system, and how to play in general.

Sinue_v2
Dec 27, 2007, 07:41 PM
I don't think the OP ever mentioned whether he was playing online or offline. There's a bit of a difference.

In either case, running free-missions is the fastest way to lvl up because you're not bogged down by dialog or cutscenes. In online mode, there's several different points which you can start missions from - and there's a branching out of areas with intermittent lobbies in between missions. Everything is available to you from the get-go provided you're a high enough level. So if you wanted to fight De Ragnus, you'd have to fight your way through four or five different missions to reach the Denes Lakes ruins where the quest is located (at least once anyhow. Once you get to a lobby, you can talk to the CAST girl by the mission start gate to teleport to any lobby you've been to before). Missions online can start from several different points - such as the AMF, the GC Spaceport, Linear Line, the Linear Train on Parum, or the COG Pavilion of Air.

Offline it's a bit different. You don't get lobbies between missions, and missions are available in a linear progression. All free missions start at either the LL/Space Port on the colony or from the G-Flyer bases on the planets. Finishing the mission returns you to the city. New missions are only made available by completing storyline missions.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 28, 2007, 12:11 AM
On 2007-12-27 16:41, Sinue_v2 wrote:
I don't think the OP ever mentioned whether he was playing online or offline. There's a bit of a difference.

He's on 360, and is doing a episode 2 story mission. That's online.

Sinue_v2
Dec 28, 2007, 12:19 AM
He's on 360, and is doing a episode 2 story mission. That's online.

Nowhere in this thread did he mention what platform he plays on. I'm not searching through his profile or eight other posts to divine the information for myself.

But now that the point is brought up and I'm looking, he lists his status (under his avattar) as Offline. Since he mentioned a AoI story mission, that means he's on the PS2/PC.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 28, 2007, 12:59 AM
Then why did he make this thread?

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165579&forum=20

PSOLaguna
Dec 28, 2007, 01:03 AM
On 2007-12-27 21:59, Chuck_Norris wrote:

Owndizzled

Tokori
Dec 28, 2007, 02:18 AM
Because I'm an idiot Chuck_Norris, I thought that one lagged out on my computer. I was wrong. But yes I am playing on a 360.

Sinue_v2
Dec 28, 2007, 02:39 AM

Because I already said that I'm not scouring the goddamned forums to piece together clues to shit that should be mentioned in the original thread everytime someone needs to ask a question.

But you have fun at that, alright?

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 28, 2007, 04:45 AM
Want some help getting around and leveling your jobs up? GT: Yusaku and I have an abundance of jobs to help.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 28, 2007, 04:56 AM
On 2007-12-27 23:39, Sinue_v2 wrote:

Because I already said that I'm not scouring the goddamned forums to piece together clues to shit that should be mentioned in the original thread everytime someone needs to ask a question.

But you have fun at that, alright?

It was made about the same time this tread was. I only saw it because i was looking at the FIRST PAGE OF THE FORUM.