PDA

View Full Version : Maylee shot

Hokokaru
Dec 27, 2007, 11:12 PM
Can someone tell me what it does cuz the database doesnt say

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 11:13 PM
Maylee Shot:Wastes PA frags and PA space. also has a chance on inflicting the status effect, WASTE OF TIME, when u try lvling it up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

seriously though it causes sleep. if u make an enemy fall asleep and hit it again it wakes up. thus the PA is useless! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hokokaru
Dec 27, 2007, 11:20 PM
Really? thats a life-saver!! Im gonna get it and use it to pin down monsters in White beast just because i can http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

is killer shot worth it too?

BluCast20xx
Dec 27, 2007, 11:21 PM
but...doesn't that stop the enemy from ataacking you or anyone else anyway. it maybe useless, but with Sleep lv 4 it could annoy the crap out of an enemy like they do to us...right?

pikachief
Dec 27, 2007, 11:26 PM
On 2007-12-27 20:20, Hokokaru wrote:
Really? thats a life-saver!! Im gonna get it and use it to pin down monsters in White beast just because i can http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

is killer shot worth it too?

it only works good on robots but it works REALLY good on robots http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hokokaru
Dec 27, 2007, 11:56 PM
yeah thats what i meant lol I want a needle cannon and my friend needs an S bow so i kinda need something to get something you know....

how much PP does each use?
Im a fG with 2 of the yohmei S rifles and i have a bullet save so ill add in the discount later unless someone wants to.... Im pretty sure its 25% off for forte and 25% off for the save so 1/2 the pp maybe?

Turambar
Dec 27, 2007, 11:58 PM
Well, in defense of Mayalee shot, it does have the highest atp and ata mod out of all the bullets. But that's about all it has going for it

On a side note, I thought the uselessness of Sleep was getting fixed with AoI. Haven't tried it out myself since I have other slow lvling rifle bullets to lvl up and haven't gotten to mayalee yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-12-27 20:59 ]</font>

Hokokaru
Dec 28, 2007, 12:04 AM
lol how can people hate that lol put it on the yohmei S rifle and you got your self a tranquilizer gun that has perfect accuracy =D

Hokokaru
Dec 28, 2007, 12:29 AM
So......
Anyone know the pp cost on them at lv1?

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 01:17 AM
On 2007-12-27 20:58, Turambar wrote:
Well, in defense of Mayalee shot, it does have the highest atp and ata mod out of all the bullets. But that's about all it has going for it

On a side note, I thought the uselessness of Sleep was getting fixed with AoI. Haven't tried it out myself since I have other slow lvling rifle bullets to lvl up and haven't gotten to mayalee yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Turambar on 2007-12-27 20:59 ]</font>

Sleep was only changed in offline mode, which is good. Changing sleep to be like stun (like offline) would be very very bad online since every freaking light enemy spams that tech, which often pins you down anyway by re-applying. Imagine how many times you'd die if didn't go away after one hit.

In defense of Mayalee Shot, Rifles are only good for bosses anymore, so its nice to just buy Mayalee Shot an level it up instead of the 6 elements as its high atp mod mostly makes up for lack of element. Leveling all those different Rifle bullets is a pain and hardly worth it since they're not a general-use weapon.

Edit: PP Costs
Killer Shot 32/25
Mayalee Shot 13/10

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aviendha on 2007-12-27 22:21 ]</font>

SolomonGrundy
Dec 28, 2007, 01:19 AM
On 2007-12-27 22:17, Aviendha wrote:

On 2007-12-27 20:58, Turambar wrote:

Sleep was only changed in offline mode, which is good. Changing sleep to be like stun (like offline) would be very very bad online since every freaking light enemy spams that tech, which often pins you down anyway by re-applying. Imagine how many times you'd die if didn't go away after one hit.

In defense of Mayalee Shot, Rifles are only good for bosses anymore, so its nice to just buy Mayalee Shot an level it up instead of the 6 elements as its high atp mod mostly makes up for lack of element. Leveling all those different Rifle bullets is a pain and hardly worth it since they're not a general-use weapon.

this. But I have fire bullets at level 29, so I'll rpbably use those too.

Hokokaru
Dec 28, 2007, 01:25 AM
ok lol just started gunning so i have ice at 11 and dark at 4 so ill buy my tranquilizer

amtalx
Dec 28, 2007, 08:51 AM
Mayalee Shot is a good alternative to leveling all your elemental Rifle bullets. Overall, it does less damage than a shot from an aligned element bullet, but the benefit is you can use it on everything because its neutral. I chose to level all 6 elements, and hundreds of hours later, I'm glad I did. However, if you aren't one of those people that needs every last little percent, go with Mayalee Shot.

Libram
Dec 28, 2007, 09:51 AM
Are you sure sleep hasn't been tweaked? I took my Fighgunner through Sakura Blast the past couple of days, and every time one of those Komazlis hit me with their staff I fell asleep. After that they could Barta me a couple times in a row before I finally woke up.

Andy1423
Jan 24, 2008, 10:05 AM
I think it has to be a physical hit, that will cause "wake up"

seph_monkey
Jan 24, 2008, 12:44 PM
i like mayalee more than killer shot, the only use ive had with killer shot is on robots and i could just cast a spell kill em just as fast or faster, also its weak and takes up alot o pp. i mean its nice to have but i found mayalee worth my frags

Hrith
Jan 24, 2008, 04:03 PM
http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/mayalee_shot40.png

Nirvash7
Jan 24, 2008, 04:45 PM
I have burning and dark shot at 32, Grav Shot at 29, Plasma Shot at 27, Killer Shot at 26, Frozen and Rising Shot at 30, and Mayalee Shot at 2. Is it worth the extra 20% at level 40 for Mayalee Shot?

Akaimizu
Jan 24, 2008, 04:52 PM
On 2008-01-24 07:05, Andy1423 wrote:
I think it has to be a physical hit, that will cause "wake up"

Perhaps. I always thought it was more of a Reapplication of the effect if you kept getting hit by the same light spells. Happens all the time, especially in places like White Beast.

desturel
Jan 24, 2008, 05:02 PM
On 2008-01-24 13:45, Nirvash7 wrote:
I have burning and dark shot at 32, Grav Shot at 29, Plasma Shot at 27, Killer Shot at 26, Frozen and Rising Shot at 30, and Mayalee Shot at 2. Is it worth the extra 20% at level 40 for Mayalee Shot?

As a beast fortegunner, I like the acc at level 40. I'll probably give my current elemental rifle bullets to my human character and keep mayalee shot on my beast.

Pillan
Jan 24, 2008, 06:19 PM
On 2007-12-28 06:51, Libram wrote:
Are you sure sleep hasn't been tweaked? I took my Fighgunner through Sakura Blast the past couple of days, and every time one of those Komazlis hit me with their staff I fell asleep. After that they could Barta me a couple times in a row before I finally woke up.

Sleep has a high landing rate, like burn. Also the Komazli version of the light ball attack ignores STA entirely (like a trap or the first ult grenade), so if you don’t block it, your character instantly falls asleep.

EDIT:

Wait... They used Barta and you didn't wake up? Are you sure it wasn't the light tech again? I've never seen that happen...

On 2008-01-24 13:45, Nirvash7 wrote:

You get more than 20% extra power from the 33% element mod on 31+ rifles. Mayalee Shot is always weaker than the elementals at opposite element, but always stronger at neutral. To be more specific, the weaker element rifle bullets have a 10% damage advantage over Mayalee Shot at level 40 after the element nerf.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2008-01-24 15:24 ]</font>

Hrith
Jan 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'd like to know how you figured that out, since no one knows the elemental formula >_>

Pillan
Jan 24, 2008, 08:33 PM
On 2008-01-24 17:18, Hrith wrote:
I'd like to know how you figured that out, since no one knows the elemental formula >_>

Well, it's not like people haven't been trying to figure it out. Let's see...

There was my test that said it was something like 3+.7*[element]. There was Cherry's that said it was something like .75*[element]. And there's the one on the JP wiki that says something like 10/3+2/3*[element].

Take your pick. They all say about the same thing as far as the reduction value. Personally, I like the JP wiki one since it says I was very close.

Libram
Jan 24, 2008, 08:44 PM
Yup. I was running through Sakura, found the Komazli at the end, get attacked with their hax physical sweep of drowsiness, and promptly fall asleep. While I'm sitting there the others will throw some Bartas in my or my NPC's direction, and I end up taking something like 3 or 4 shots before I'm able to move again and hurriedly rush to use a Trimate before another Barta finishes me.

I have also learned that Sleep and Freeze will override each other. It's a pain to get hit by one, then hit by the other, then hit by the other AGAIN. Fun times.