PDA

View Full Version : crowd control PA?

napalmB
Dec 28, 2007, 01:00 AM
Hey. I was just wondering what weapon and PA you guys use for crowd control. I personally like the dual daggers along with the spinning PA because. The sword just seems too slow for my liking. Additionally, unbeknownst to be until just recently, the spear also has a crown control PA, but I have yet to use it. Which do you guys use?

Side note: Why do people like dus gaggas so much. Its kinda hard to aim.

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 01:06 AM
They don't. They like Dus Majarra. Dus Robado is the crowd control one and and it is great as well.

PSOLaguna
Dec 28, 2007, 01:10 AM
Personally Im not a huge fan of daggers, especially twin daggers but I recently ended up buying a new PA and Im pretty happy with it. Oh right its one handed btw but its got awesome dmg and a good amount of crowd control

http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/1024/hikai_shuha_zan/

Dragwind
Dec 28, 2007, 01:26 AM
Depends on the class I'm playing. I really like Vishi with the whip though. (No 2nd part to the combo blowing them away that is)

napalmB
Dec 29, 2007, 02:28 AM
Ok, I'vev thought about it and I seriously can't decide which PA to get. Renkai has short range but it has many hits. I haven't used the one for the spear so I don't even know how it compares to Tornado Break....

Winter_of_uno
Dec 29, 2007, 03:04 AM
Ult twin claw, ult single claw and Bogga Danga/Robado for blind damage. Assault crush, rising crush or Bogga Zubba for mobs that gotta be kept in mid air or on the ground. Dus robado or tornado break for 3+ small, medium-sized suckers.
I'm not a big fan of Dus Majarra since Dus Daggas is better if you need directed damage and Robado is bettter for crowds. Maybe if you only want 1 spear PA than you would like to go with Majarra. Dunno about the new Ult? PAs though.

smckyy1399
Dec 29, 2007, 02:47 PM
the new viva danga whip ultimate pa is great for crowd control

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2007, 02:51 PM
I do the same as Drag, whichever PA I use for Crowd control depends on which class or character I'm on.

XDeathX
Dec 29, 2007, 05:57 PM
aBOSOLUTE dANCE

gryphonvii
Dec 29, 2007, 06:17 PM
any double saber skill really, or whip skill,

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 29, 2007, 09:12 PM
Well.heres what I think,if THAT matters at all. XD
From the PA's I have used.
(Note that I don't use EVERY weapon or have every PA for the ones that I use,and I'm just listing PA's that I've used/seen and think are great for crowds. Moving along.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Twin Dagger:Renkai,all the way. Thats like my... "GTFO" move. XD Why? Because it sends 'em flying after hitting them multiple times with the spinning. @_@

Saber:Gravity Strike. >_> I can hit plenty of enemies plenty of times,and with JA I can dish out 1000's.

Slicer:lmao Need I say more? XDDD Moving along. (Not too sure about the new PA,since I don't have that yet either. XP)

Double Saber:...As Gryphonvii said. Any. XD Spiral Dance Keeps em away,Gravity Dance kicks the hell out of them,and Tornado Dance......Is Tornado Dance,haven't gotten the chance to try Absolute Dance yet.

Sword:Tornado Break. >_> Name of the move says it all. Moving along.

Spear:Dus Robado is kinda the same with Tornado Break,weaker,but faster,gets the job done None the less. Then theres Dus Majarra. Haven't seen it? >_> Ask almost any player seeing as they'll probably have it.

Twin Saber:Rising Crush. Seeing as it targets more enemies.

Anyway,thats my 2 cents. >_>;

Noblewine
Dec 30, 2007, 12:21 AM
Dus Majarra works greatly in crowded mob in any mission. The damage it does is ridiculous powerful even if you don't JA.

xgp
Dec 30, 2007, 01:03 AM
grenade lauhcer and boma duranga

what no love for the guners what a rip XD

AnamanaAU
Dec 30, 2007, 01:10 AM
I wouldn't exactly class Saber & Single Dagger / Claw PAs as crowd control. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MaximusLight
Dec 30, 2007, 01:41 AM
Rising Strike: there's a reason it's the first one you get

AnamanaAU
Dec 30, 2007, 02:04 AM
It's not crowd control. It hits 2 targets.

MaximusLight
Dec 30, 2007, 02:08 AM
On 2007-12-29 23:04, JubeiSaotome wrote:
It's not crowd control. It hits 2 targets.

two tragets on the first part then two targets two time on the second, all with knock-backs, if you use it right you can crowd-control 6 enemies.

Shadix
Dec 30, 2007, 02:28 AM
I know how pissy some of you guys get when it comes to slicers... But I swear Slicer's are the best for crowd control... At least for lower level mobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadix on 2007-12-29 23:29 ]</font>

majan
Dec 30, 2007, 02:50 AM
doublesabers are just the gangsters of crowd control. RBZ and dus robado also are good,but doublesabers are more efficient IMO. gravity dance is awesome in mobs,if you know how to control your character during the animations,and tornado dance is perfect of course for when everything in the room needs to be disabled. not encouraging people to go and use tornado dance 24/7,but when things need to be controlled a bit,tornado dance is a fast and very easy way to get this done.

honorable mentions as well:
dus daggas(referred to as a boss killer,but it does awesome crowd control as well if you give it a shot. it's too fast to be ineffective against mobs.)
splendor crush(two words: last combo)
buten shuren-zan
first twin claw ultimate art

these are only the ones Ive either used or seen used extensively of course,but there is a reason. choose your PA's wisely. don't get 4 pa's that accomplish the same thing becuase then youll have 3 kickass pa's at 21 rather than one and maybe one extra one closer to 40. dont spread your character build too thin cus having all weak PA's means weak damage no matter how versatile you are.

sidenote to your sidenote:dus daggas kicks serious ass becuase it's fast,does serious damage,and its easily one of the most efficient PAs in the whole game. if you have a hard time aiming,try using lock-on. makes life a whoel lot easier. Im speaking from experience because I had the same problem then I discoeverd lock on,and realized how awesome dus daggas really can be.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: majan on 2007-12-29 23:52 ]</font>

VanHalen
Dec 30, 2007, 03:00 AM
Tornado Break <3

Aviendha
Dec 30, 2007, 03:09 AM
Rising Crush and Assault Crush very underrated for crowd control. They toss monsters straight up, disabling them while still allowing your party to hit them easily with AoE moves. The lack of knockback on Gravity Dance is what makes it a great crowd control move as well. Tornado Break/Dus Robado/Renkai will always do more raw damage though.