PDA

View Full Version : 11*s worth less than 10*s?

Hokokaru
Dec 28, 2007, 01:04 AM
I know that everyone knows this but why are the 11* weps cheaper than the 10* weps? I know its because on missions like Sakura Blast and White Beast drop the slicers and more people do WB so that has a art in it

also I know weps like Hyper vipers are cooler looking than tornados and tornados are about 1/2 their price even though they have better stats (except cool +43)

anyone else have a say in this?

Criss
Dec 28, 2007, 01:06 AM
It's all about offer and demand. Some 11* weapons are easier to find than their 10* counterpart, which makes them not as rare, hence cheaper.

Soukosa
Dec 28, 2007, 01:12 AM
Hyper Viper comes from an enemy in older version 1 missions that most people ignore since they're "too hard". Twin Tornado however comes from the boss boxes in a new version 2 mission that everyone spams over and over like a pack of lemmings at the side of a cliff because it's new and that's where most everyone is.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 28, 2007, 01:13 AM
Hyper Viper drops from a "new version 2 mission that everyone spams over and over like a pack of lemmings at the side of a cliff because it's new and that's where most everyone is." as well.

Hokokaru
Dec 28, 2007, 01:17 AM
but still 11*s out damage 10*s and some even have better looks

the two examples i gave the 10*s have the looks but eh....

beatrixkiddo
Dec 28, 2007, 01:18 AM
So? If something is more common than something else, it'll be cheaper. End of story.

Dragwind
Dec 28, 2007, 01:22 AM
I'd say it depends on the weapon exactly, not every 11* vs 10*. Also on demand by those people who want it.

Criss
Dec 28, 2007, 01:57 AM
On 2007-12-27 22:13, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Hyper Viper drops from a "new version 2 mission that everyone spams over and over like a pack of lemmings at the side of a cliff because it's new and that's where most everyone is." as well.

Actually, Hyper Viper only drops from lv 100+ Vitaces in the first two Hive missions. As far as I know, Electronic Brain S only drops the completed Bulletmaster and the Twin Tornado board. Which makes Hyper Vipers the rarest Twin Handguns currently available.

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 02:00 AM
On 2007-12-27 22:57, Criss wrote:

Actually, Hyper Viper only drops from lv 100+ Vitaces in the first two Hive missions. As far as I know, Electronic Brain S only drops the completed Bulletmaster and the Twin Tornado board. Which makes Hyper Vipers the rarest Twin Handguns currently available.

Obviously only i understood Beatrix.

As the hyper vipers do drop off of a VERY much spammed mission from AOI.

now we shall let u all guess where it drops from >.>

CelestialBlade
Dec 28, 2007, 02:02 AM
You're expecting perfect logic out of an economy based on greedy players who mostly have no fucking clue about marketing or economics of any sort.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 28, 2007, 02:09 AM
On 2007-12-27 23:02, Typheros wrote:
You're expecting perfect logic out of an economy based on greedy players who mostly have no fucking clue about marketing or economics of any sort.

Aye, why I hardly play the market in this game lol.

unicorn
Dec 28, 2007, 02:13 AM
I agree with the OP.

Musrana and Tuma? Musrana drops from a mission that no one does. Tuma will drop in MAG.

Hirokteri and Rikauteri? Although Sacred Stream drops Hirokteri, no one fights bots. I have a feeling the Rikauteri will be more common than the Hirokteri.

Psycho Wand and Kazarod? Well alot of players with Pwands have either: hacked them in v1, or took advantage of the area drop-rate increase AoI got. No one hunts Kazarods, because its a v1 boss drop (meaning, it will never drop).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2007-12-27 23:13 ]</font>

physic
Dec 28, 2007, 02:37 AM
hyper vipers and twin tornadoes are probably equally obtainable now, buuuut maybe people dont realize this. Annnyhow, hyper vipers looks cooler.

as far as differing prices, its basically all about how much people want it, and what they can get a way with. honestly id just hunt it myself if it was me

Syl
Dec 28, 2007, 02:41 AM
On 2007-12-27 23:00, pikachief wrote:

Stop being cocky.

But anyways, in case you guys didn't know, Hyper Viper drops from Mother Brain A.

Criss
Dec 28, 2007, 02:52 AM
On 2007-12-27 23:00, pikachief wrote:

And that very much spammed mission is very much spammed on S rank, mostly because of the Grand Cross and Blackheart. Which means that more Twin Tornados will be seen dropping than Hyper Vipers, and Tornados will still be more common than Hyper Vipers.

Obviously, only you understood what little Beatrix did.

Unless you're specifically looking for those Hypers, or maybe a Coni, you probably won't be doing it on A rank. And if you're doing A rank for the rare enemy and the legless/rainbow, you probably won't get to see the boss boxes very often.

beatrixkiddo
Dec 28, 2007, 02:55 AM
Yeah, nobody levels characters anymore, I guess all the lowbies are doing S.

Nai_Calus
Dec 28, 2007, 03:14 AM
On 2007-12-27 22:12, Soukosa wrote:
Hyper Viper comes from an enemy in older version 1 missions that most people ignore since they're "too hard". Twin Tornado however comes from the boss boxes in a new version 2 mission that everyone spams over and over like a pack of lemmings at the side of a cliff because it's new and that's where most everyone is.

Maybe they're all there because the drops are good? 9_9

No, couldn't be, who'd want shit like Blackhearts and Grand Crosses and Twin Tornado and the 11* Shadoog and Stun/Resist? Yeah, nothing but garbage there, just a bunch of lemmings who go there because it's kewl.

But yeah, some of it's just easier to find the 11*s. And then stuff like MAG throws it off completely, heh. Who the hell is going to waste time hunting Hirokteri when Rikauteri drops easier from the pussiest boss in all of PS history? Die of boredom for Musrana when there's Tuma? *shrug*

Criss
Dec 28, 2007, 03:20 AM
On 2007-12-27 23:55, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Yeah, nobody levels characters anymore, I guess all the lowbies are doing S.

Of course, Electronic Brain A is the only mission where lvs 60~70 can level at. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

beatrixkiddo
Dec 28, 2007, 03:22 AM
It's a hotspot + it's good exp = ??????

You don't need to flip out because you were wrong. Nobody here thinks any less of you for not knowing that Hyper Viper drops on A.

Criss
Dec 28, 2007, 03:31 AM
Did I ever say Hypers don't drop on A? Who is wrong, really? The point of this thread is that some 11* weapons are more common than 10*, and it is the case with twin handguns. There is more people doing S than people doing A, that much is obvious. Nobody thinks any more of you for trying to prove me wrong while getting off topic.

Pengfishh
Dec 28, 2007, 03:33 AM
:c

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 03:33 AM
Im sorry i forgot i cant be silly on teh internet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif