PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: Beast Wartecher.........Bad? Good? Alright???

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 28, 2007, 02:20 AM
Im pretty sure somethin like this was asked already, if thats the case, sorry..........anyway....
I have a lvl 48 Beast. Its only been a hunter- fortefighter..... I just tried WT becuase it was the only one that let me use swords and the whip.

I actaully like it but im not sure if a Beast is a good combintation.
What is good with the WT? I favor the hunter weps of it + the bow.....

Please Help

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 02:26 AM
On 2007-12-27 23:20, Charger89 wrote:
Im pretty sure somethin like this was asked already, if thats the case, sorry..........anyway....
I have a lvl 48 Beast. Its only been a hunter- fortefighter..... I just tried WT becuase it was the only one that let me use swords and the whip.

I actaully like it but im not sure if a Beast is a good combintation.
What is good with the WT? I favor the hunter weps of it + the bow.....

Please Help

Cards for fliers/Jarba, Bow for flying Bosses, Megid for Robots. Everything else, just play like a FF with buffs and Resta. Its a good match. Your ATA is going to be very low however, so a Hit unit may come in handy.

unicorn
Dec 28, 2007, 02:27 AM
The best.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 28, 2007, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the advice everyone ^_^

GojinRyong
Dec 28, 2007, 02:45 AM
beast wartecher worse ever only lvl 20 buffs stop gimping yourself and just go FF Im tired of seeing beast wartecher with only resta and reverser and whips gtfo

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 02:48 AM
On 2007-12-27 23:45, GojinRyong wrote:
Every class but Fortefighter worse ever stop gimping yourself and just go FF Im tired of seeing people play other classes.

I fixed that for ya. I'm tired of seeing class elitism. There are no bad classes anymore. Just bad players.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 28, 2007, 02:55 AM
Well I have a Forte Fighter which is my defualt type.........im a sword type person wit almost any game i play. I wanted to try WT because it had the weapons i normally use plus the whip and bow. (which i really wanted to try). It seems about the same, only thing is like Aviendha said, low ATP. I have a Mega / Power right now which is very bad......... I'm planning on getting (try to) get a Hard / Power Charge or a Solid or Hard / Knight

GojinRyong
Dec 28, 2007, 02:56 AM
uhh you missed the point of my whole post I dont care if they play wartecher but they're being stupid since wartechers dont even get S whips and they only have 2 techs resta and reverser it'd be better if they went FF and just used items instead of making my class look bad by playing it like the dumbasses they are.

GojinRyong
Dec 28, 2007, 02:59 AM
On 2007-12-27 23:55, Charger89 wrote:
Well I have a Forte Fighter which is my defualt type.........im a sword type person wit almost any game i play. I wanted to try WT because it had the weapons i normally use plus the whip and bow. (which i really wanted to try). It seems about the same, only thing is like Aviendha said, low ATP. I have a Mega / Power right now which is very bad......... I'm planning on getting (try to) get a Hard / Power Charge or a Solid or Hard / Knight

see its dumb reasons like that you should stay away from WT, its warTECHER see the techer part you're not going to play it to the full potential and you'll only look dumb!

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 28, 2007, 02:59 AM
I see your point Gojin. Im actaully different. I bought the tradition Arts (Resta, Reverse, Shifta, Deband,ETC) i even bout some elemental ones. I actual plan on using the combination of hunter and force. Its kind unique if u ask me

Anduril
Dec 28, 2007, 03:00 AM
Actually, Aviendha said they have low ATA. ATP comparison to base 100% stat, not including bonus, FF: 110% WT 75%, ATA comparison, FF: 75% WT: 60%. Biggest advantage WT has over FF is the higher MST and EVP.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 28, 2007, 03:01 AM
About that S rank whip..........in general i probably wont have alot of S rank weapons period. People sell them for alot of $$$$. I mean i'll get one eventually.....uness im able to make one since i have a S rank Double saber board............. I do have a S Rank Spear that my friend gave me but the WT cant use those. not much of a deal. I was gonna keep my first character as a FF ( like it orginally was) and make a new beast n start it off as a WT

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 03:05 AM
On 2007-12-27 23:56, GojinRyong wrote:
uhh you missed the point of my whole post I dont care if they play wartecher but they're being stupid since wartechers dont even get S whips and they only have 2 techs resta and reverser it'd be better if they went FF and just used items instead of making my class look bad by playing it like the dumbasses they are.

I've seen many more ATs doing that type of thing actually. Most WTs I see aren't that stupid.

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 03:08 AM
On 2007-12-28 00:01, Charger89 wrote:
About that S rank whip..........in general i probably wont have alot of S rank weapons period. People sell them for alot of $$$$. I mean i'll get one eventually.....uness im able to make one since i have a S rank Double saber board............. I do have a S Rank Spear that my friend gave me but the WT cant use those. not much of a deal. I was gonna keep my first character as a FF ( like it orginally was) and make a new beast n start it off as a WT

S Ranks are WAY overrated anyway, so don't worry about it.

Criss
Dec 28, 2007, 03:46 AM
All race/type mixes are good. Only players can be bad. Personally, as long as you're helpful to your party, I think you're good enough. That can be from either dealing good damage, spreading SEs or supporting.

Now WTs don't have much in terms of supporting, but still, Giresta is awesome even on a WT and Reverser complements it well. WTs have the advantage of being the best in dealing damage with whips and a beast makes it even better. Sure, whips are made for spreading SEs, but I'm sure you could do both with the new Whip PA. Then you can use bows for bosses and high-def monsters, and cards for flying monsters.

Just take a good look at what WTs can do, think of what you could possibly use in whatever situation, build yourself a good palette according to that and weapons/techs you like the most, and I'm sure you'll have a solid character, beast or not.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 28, 2007, 03:59 AM
If you like it and it makes your time more enjoyable, then there is only one option isn't there? Don't let us stop you from having a good time.

GojinRyong
Dec 28, 2007, 04:46 AM
Beasts Suck go back to the mines beasties!

Criss
Dec 28, 2007, 05:19 AM
On 2007-12-28 01:46, GojinRyong wrote:

Beasts are great. Trolls like you, on the other hand, are not. GTFO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DarkEliteRico
Dec 28, 2007, 01:23 PM

As much as i personally don't like beast characters for my own use, people like you just need to get out of the game and off the forums.

Kylie
Dec 28, 2007, 01:25 PM
I do it, and I think I'm kind of useful... when I remember to heal. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PekingDuck13
Dec 28, 2007, 02:00 PM
megistar+gi resta+invincibility badge+bows (for bosses)= ultimate soloing char

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 02:09 PM
I;ve been thinking of Kitty going wartecher just cuz Kitty+Whip=hawt lol

also i WAS lvling her buffs till my guntecher stole them when she got lvl 30 buffs XD lol

-Tidus_415-
Dec 28, 2007, 04:22 PM

QFT http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Fleur-de-Lis
Dec 28, 2007, 05:33 PM
Used to solo as one of these way back, I wasn't ace at it or anything. I liked Zeed Val for the lack of 0s, as well as the security of not having to worry about healing during Nanoblast. I'm thinking it might be even better with Just Counter, but maybe someone else will confirm/disprove this.

As far as weapon selection, that's a matter of personal taste. If WT has what you like, I say go for it regardless of race.

Aviendha
Dec 28, 2007, 08:49 PM
On 2007-12-28 11:09, pikachief wrote:

also i WAS lvling her buffs till my guntecher stole them when she got lvl 30 buffs XD lol

The only thing you could do to Kitty to make her 'hawt' would be to remake her.

ForsakenMem
Dec 29, 2007, 11:52 AM
Honestly, I dont care what these people say.. When I first started this game.. I was such a nub. A lvl 80 ((was the max point atm)) told me I should lvl all the of classes so I could do whatever.. I ended up as a Female Beast Fortetecher all the way up to lvl 110 and yeah, I hit no where near a newman would but I still had the HP that made it decent for me. Overall I think I was a decent techer but yeah.. Wartechers are kind of a bad class to begin with.. You dont see many of them.. but if you dont want to make a new character and lvl it.. go for it. Just dont rely on your technics because well, yeah they will suck pretty bad. Hence why I went fortefighter with the expantion and power lvled my newman -_-

It's your game and you should play it however you want to.

I_Am
Dec 29, 2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah I'm currently doing one myself, and it's pretty good... I'm only low level, so I don't have much experience, but if you use blades in combination with Tech mags you'll have no problem combining the two traits this class has.

Sekani
Dec 29, 2007, 12:06 PM
I play with a beast wartecher. He sucks.

Elley
Dec 29, 2007, 12:16 PM
I see beast jealousy is still alive and well.

0:)

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-12-28 17:49, Aviendha wrote:

On 2007-12-28 11:09, pikachief wrote:

The only thing you could do to Kitty to make her 'hawt' would be to remake her.

QFT

But yeah, no need to insult WTs who use whips, in fact, I think they're stronger with the whips than ATs based on more raw ATP and level 30 skills while AT only has level 20 skills and less ATP.

Back on topic, just make whatever you want to make.

Leahcim
Dec 29, 2007, 01:43 PM
Beast are simply the best race for this class.

The vast majority of the time the main means of damage for Wartechers are their melee weapons.
Low ATA? s'ok, all of our melee weapon specializations (Dagger, Twin Dagger, Twin Claw and Knuckles) have top rank ATA on them, and then we have buffs on top of that. Beast TP isn't the best but its still better than Cast (so its good ennough for self heals, I have 3050HP and I heal for 1800HP, sounds crappy but I rarely go over 2000 damage)

Newmans: They excel at the teching aspect, but its redundant in compairison to what they could be doing as FT and AT.
Casts: only thing that makes this race worth it in WT is their high ATA, which doesn't make that big a difference anyways. Beasts bet them in this class.
Humans: They take advantage of the whole of the class and are very much worth using as Wartechers. But still, a Beast Wartecher will simply do more damage the majority of the time.