PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about the demo...

Sonicboom0075
Dec 28, 2007, 03:51 AM
Ok, hi, i'm new here, that's that.

Getting down to the point, I just recently bought a used copy of PSU for the 360 and realized that I need to buy the GUARDIANS license to play online. I only want to play online because of the community, I don't really care if my character is reset. However, I can't find some useful tips about the demo version, which looks like a "limited" GUARDIANS license.

My Questions are:

-Can I keep the demo forever and ever and ever?

-If I get a Gold Membership worth one month and download PSU Demo within one month, will I be able to play even after my Gold Membership expires? Or do I need to pay for more gold memberships?

-If I make a character in the demo, and that character is reset, do I keep any friends added to that character? Or is it completely deleted and I need to remake the character.

If you can answer these questions ASAP, I would be very happy.

And by the way, I'm avoiding to buy a GUARDIANS license since I can't afford the monthly fee. I'm also aware of the "spammers" on the demo servers.

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 03:59 AM
WEll i do know u can keep the demo as long as you want.

If u pay for a month of PSU and your gold membership expires your PSU will still be active BECAUSE....

PSU does not need a gold membership to be played online http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sonicboom0075
Dec 28, 2007, 04:07 AM
So, you're saying that you only need the gold membership to download the demo? And I don't need to buy more Golds in order to keep on playing online? Because I know that the full version doesn't need Gold in order to play online, as long as I have a G-License.

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 04:08 AM
well full version doesnt need GOld account for online but the demo does need a gold account for online. So no matter wat your paying at least $10 a month to play http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol

Sonicboom0075
Dec 28, 2007, 04:11 AM
Hmm...I'll guess i'll buy the license. If I need Gold every month, then it doesn't seem worth it. Thanks for your help!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sonicboom0075 on 2007-12-28 01:11 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 04:13 AM
np http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

(the full game has MUCH MUCH more than teh demo anyways http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Sonicboom0075
Dec 28, 2007, 04:27 AM
One more question, is the License located in the Xbox Marketplace? I didn't see it the last time I checked.

Turb0
Dec 28, 2007, 04:35 AM
I think you just put the disc in and it directs you.

Sonicboom0075
Dec 28, 2007, 04:40 AM
Ill try that, I thought I read somewhere that you can buy the license on the Marketplace.

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 28, 2007, 08:48 AM
Yes, the license is on the Marketplace. Just put PSU in (and download the expansion too, or you might have trouble finding a party later on) and select Xbox Live and it will help guide you to where you can buy the license. As for the demo, no you do not keep your friend list.

NOVA79
Dec 28, 2007, 11:07 AM
I personally can't fathom how somebody can possibly enjoy the community in the demo version....talk about spam city.

I played it during the NiGHTS promotion and gotta say, the demo gives the full version a BAD name IMO. All it was was people spamming in the lobbies and offering pics for exchange of Meseta and whatnot...

I personally tell people to use the demo in order to see how the gameplay is and to totally ignore the community since it doesn't even compare to the retail version.

My 2 cents...

FirefoxKyuubi
Dec 28, 2007, 02:39 PM
On 2007-12-28 08:07, NOVA79 wrote:
I personally can't fathom how somebody can possibly enjoy the community in the demo version....talk about spam city.

I played it during the NiGHTS promotion and gotta say, the demo gives the full version a BAD name IMO. All it was was people spamming in the lobbies and offering pics for exchange of Meseta and whatnot...

I personally tell people to use the demo in order to see how the gameplay is and to totally ignore the community since it doesn't even compare to the retail version.

My 2 cents...

2 cents well spent.

Sonicboom0075
Dec 28, 2007, 05:34 PM
On 2007-12-28 05:48, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
Yes, the license is on the Marketplace. Just put PSU in (and download the expansion too, or you might have trouble finding a party later on) and select Xbox Live and it will help guide you to where you can buy the license. As for the demo, no you do not keep your friend list.

About the expansion, would it be worth the extra $20? I'm not even finished with PSU's story line.

As for the demo, I'm pretty much over that. I plan to buy a license for 2 months. I found the license on the Marketplace today, I guess my internet was screwed up last night.

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
yes.

most likely it will be very hard to find a group unless you have the expansion because almost everyone already does http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif