PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Starting a Fortetecher

BlueInfinity
Dec 28, 2007, 03:58 AM
Well I just came back to psu and I was wondering what are the recommended starting techs, and techs to use overall?

Miren
Dec 28, 2007, 04:15 AM
You should do a search, there is a topic like this everyday. Or you can check the "Gameplay, Guides & Walkthroughs" forum for more info.

But since I am a nice gal I will help you out lol

You need Foie, Diga and Dambarta and all the buff spell along with resta and reverer to start

those are your main spells and will last you though your career, later you might consider getting megid (imo the coolest and most useful spell ) and Giresta.

in the end you can also get Nosdiga and Noszode

If you group alot, people may told you to get debuffs for tagging, but I never ever use any debuff, I use Gi series instead (these are useful if you wanna go AT later on)

ForsakenMem
Dec 29, 2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah I agree with the gi spells. Gi resta is also very nice and it lvls fast. My person favs are Megic and noszonde. But if you can't get the PA frags to get those.. Gi diga and maybe ra megid are my two favs that arent ultimates. Dambarta is nice too when it's lvl 31 but I wouldnt recomment the dam series unless you lvl them cuz they dont hit much when they are low lvl.

Dragwind
Dec 29, 2007, 04:09 PM
All of them if you're a fT. Although since its a long task to raise all of the single, line, gi, ra, nos etc techs, its well worth it. As a fT I find myself using all series of techs.

gryphonvii
Dec 29, 2007, 04:11 PM
ra-series are also useful and are a combination of basic spells with the gi-series, good for hitting groups without having to go up close.

FateOfTheArt
Dec 29, 2007, 05:53 PM
I'd agree that all techs are useful, though some more situational than others. I'd recommend leveling a variety of dam-series techs in addition to your Ra, gi, and standard attacks. Before the expansion, the only useful spell out of the bunch was dambarta as it's inherent flinch could make a wall that easily held large groups of enemies at bay. Now all dam techs have flinch and though they are a bit of a pain early on due to their short range, I'd say it's worth leveling them all.

Sakura Blast is great for this as you'll find tons of boomas that love bunching up making it easy to level up techs. And as they are all cold element, leveling damfoie there is extremely effective as a way to level as well.