PDA

View Full Version : wishful thinking.....

Travis IV
Dec 28, 2007, 10:23 AM
i know it has probably been asked a million times, but i was looking through some older posts and noticed the JP server population, HUGE!. is there ever going to be a chance that they may take the half of a universe that we have left and merge with JP, whats the point of sega america keeping this server up when not even an 8th of it is being used???

JAFO22000
Dec 28, 2007, 10:25 AM
There is a chance that this could happen, but it's not likely. If anything, SoA would just drop the server and offer no replacement, but even with the low amount of people, it's probably still making money for them.

Krisan
Dec 28, 2007, 10:39 AM
As unlikely as it may seem to some, it would probably be a lot more cost efficient to just let the current US community play on the JP servers than to try and maintain two separate sets of servers - one of which is hardly being used when compared to the other anyway. >_>

I dunno really, I see it happening eventually but probably not anytime soon.

amtalx
Dec 28, 2007, 10:43 AM
Silly gaijin... You stay on your US servers with your baseball and american pop music.

Travis IV
Dec 28, 2007, 11:09 AM
arghhhh, i would switch over if i A: had time to take out to learn what i was reading and saying and B: if i had 70 dollars not to spend on paying bills atm lol, oh well , i stay on US and continue to play with the small rgoups, maybe my wish will come true

Pengfishh
Dec 28, 2007, 01:07 PM
Baseball is hugely popular in Japan, moreso than it is here :c

Sinue_v2
Dec 28, 2007, 01:18 PM
They might consider it if they gave the US/EU population their own Universe or two with no way to transfer out to the other JP Universes - but allowing JP customers to enter and leave the US/EU Universes as they so please. This way, the US/EU servers will see a little bit more action, JP's who want to mingle with the foreigners can, but the general Japanese population will not be at risk of contamination by the crass and unwashed barbarians.

Anduril
Dec 28, 2007, 01:35 PM
On 2007-12-28 10:18, Sinue_v2 wrote:
They might consider it if they gave the US/EU population their own Universe or two with no way to transfer out to the other JP Universes - but allowing JP customers to enter and leave the US/EU Universes as they so please. This way, the US/EU servers will see a little bit more action, JP's who want to mingle with the foreigners can, but the general Japanese population will not be at risk of contamination by the crass and unwashed barbarians.

Kinda like how the JPN players on the 360 moved to their own Uni, and most others don't go in there, and some JPN players venture out?

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 01:59 PM
yea there is some japanese person that i saw EVERYWHERE O.O

Seabed uni 2 there she was

HSM uni 7 there she was.

Rainbow beatss uni 21 again.

Eventually she gave me her card, and hen after that we never saw each other ever again -_-