PDA

View Full Version : AotI-XBox 360: 46 Fortegunner I need Advice on weps/armor.

KaneHart
Dec 28, 2007, 11:35 AM
46 Fortegunner I need Advice on weps/armor.

I have crap armor/gun and its hard learn even when u check item db what gun/armor is the best or what I should get at level 46...

I would like a max of maybe 300-500k budget.

Maybe tell me a few names and such.. I like using twin pistols and also tell me a good power to link to the gun u suggest.

Thanks

Blue on 360

Itchee
Dec 28, 2007, 12:15 PM
Hi there!
Well, with the new expansion levels....money isnt terribly difficult to come by anymore...and certainly you can do alot of good with some properly ground weapons if youre into that. Alot of A-ranks are cheap now and grinders are pretty easy to come by, so you could always get something like a Bulletmaster(if you like twin hanguns), which run somewhere around 20k and grind it up 3 or 5 times and have something quite useable for your level. What is in your pallette? I would say attempt to get A-ranks of those(or maybe 6* with alot of grinds on it) and work your way up from there. As for good powers? You cant go wrong with high level fire and ice. Ice keeps ppl off of you and fire does a lot of burn damage when you get it up to lvl4+. The virus from dark shot isnt too shabby either...

amtalx
Dec 28, 2007, 12:57 PM
You are at the point where Shotguns will start to be come damaging. Get those up as soon as you can. Also start working on Laser Cannons. It's slow, but if you start early, it shouldn't be too bad. You'll appreciate them when you are leveled. Those two weapons are a fGs bread and butter. Tack on a mobility weapon like a Xbow, and you should be set. Get 7*s for all since they are pretty much sold by the pound these days. You should be able to get some mid-grind stuff for cheap. Phantom Lines are also a cheap lower level armor. I don't know what the DFP req is on it, so check if you can equip it yet.

KaneHart
Dec 28, 2007, 03:14 PM
how does grinding work

Itchee
Dec 28, 2007, 03:47 PM
In a nutshell, you create a grinder using a base and board. This creates a grinder of randomly generated quality. Grinders run from +1 to +10.....+1 being the low end of the spectrum and +10 being the highest, meaning you have the best possible chance of success. You take the weapon to its manufacturer along with the grinder and have the the npc in the shop apply the grinder to said weapon. If the grinder is successful, the stats of the weapon increase, if the grinder fails the weapon resets itself to its original base value before any grinders were applied and the max number of grinders allowed on the weapon is reduced by one. A player's luck for the day also affects grinder application success rates....so, ideally, one would want to have Lvl 3 luck with the highest quality grinder possible to achieve sucessful grinds. All weapons have details regarding the number of grinds currently on the weapon/max number of grinds possible, usually next to its name, seen as 0/10, 1/9, 4/4, ect.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Itchee on 2007-12-28 12:48 ]</font>

Cerberus1981
Dec 28, 2007, 03:58 PM
I would look at picking up some Phantom Rifles, a cheap Grenade Launcher and a Drumline or two.

Killer Shot and Boma Duranga are a must for Gunners IMO. Other than that just level your machine gun bullets (start with fire as even fire monster can be set alight...). That should give you a range of weapons and PAs to deal with most mobs and bosses from close and afar. Boma Duranga is the muts nuts, mine is only at L14 but I can do 1500+ damage a shot on Mother Brain on S using a B rank grenade launcher and it shoots through her shield if you are close enough.

I wouldn't worry too much about armour, remember, you are a Gunner not a Fighter so play like one! You will be able to pick up a dirt cheap Stormline by now. Look at the projectiles you will be facing more than just the enemies as a Gunner you are more likely to be tagged by Meggid or Fire Balls than suffer melee damage.

If you are on 360 I can give you a couple of Phantom Rifles, it's not a lot but they are just sitting in my bot doing nothing so you might as well have them. I used to carry a full pallet whilst getting Killer Shot to L21 but now I have other toys to play with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2007-12-28 13:34 ]</font>

desturel
Dec 28, 2007, 05:03 PM
On 2007-12-28 12:58, Cerberus1981 wrote:
remember, you are a Gunner not a Fighter so play like one!

Although I agree with this statement, I would say keep at least one spear or saber on you.

You have level 20 melee. Use it when it's needed. If you are fighting a bullet resistant one target enemy such as a bil or a Dilnazen, spinning strike+yak banga are your best options for killing them quickly. Sure you can sit back with Burning Shot, but getting your hands a bit dirty speeds up the process so much. Barada Banga/Inga is good on a Bil's back as well, but you are again up close and personal, thus a decent armor would be good insurance.

When fighting a boss like Degahna, you can run around shooting him with Dark Shot while avoiding missiles. Or you can bust out a dark spear and kill him with Dus Daggas / Majerra while his busy spinning around in circles. It just a matter of picking the right time to play like a fighter and when to play like a pure gunner.

ForsakenMem
Dec 29, 2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah I agree with everyone else here. For one.. don't use melee weaps. It's good to have one on your pallet with maybe a mach gun next to it. Otherwise on buying weapons and armor.. at your lvl I would recomend the Phantomline. They are really cheap now and good if you have a phantom. I haven't done a price check on phantoms in a long time because I just make them and give them to my group or whoever needs them but last i knew they were what? 120k 0/10? Not sure though so don't quote me on that. Since rifle shots are a pain to lvl I would go with the new neudaiz rifles. They have a whole bunch of PP and if you throw a few grinds on them, they will be less sucky. Shotguns are very nice too and I would go with the Shigga Bines for that. Once again, a few grinds and it will hold you off until you can make the money to get the Professional stuff! Mach guns... they are nice but the glitch makes it easier.. I wouldnt rely on that.. so enough with that.. I dont know much about the lasor cannon thing but those are really cheap. Also if you like the twin handguns.. Evil Twins are extremely cheap now and once you lvl up your PA's for those.. you can hit close to 500 per shot which would be almost 1000 every time you press X.

Once you can upgrade your armor though.. I would go with either the Gannaline at a decent element percentage.. those are pretty cheap nowadays too or go with the nifty S rank Storm line. Those go for about a mil.. depending on the percent and element.

Worst comes to worst.. just watch the player shops. With the expantion it makes it easier to look for whatever.. Just set the rarity to like.. 7* and pick either weap/armor for the catergory and set it by price. I'm sure things aren't that much anymore since all the new weapons are out and the no breaking weapon thing.

Oh another tip when it comes to armor.. make sure it says 'line' after it lol

It doesn't always apply but how I see it is..

techers- senba
gunners- line
fighters- rabol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForsakenMem on 2007-12-29 09:06 ]</font>