PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm...More than one techer?

unicorn
Dec 28, 2007, 02:00 PM
I have a cast techer, and I was thinking about giving up teching on him....So I re-rolled a human (down with the Newman techers!), and I really like playing techer on him.

However, I dont think I want to give up teching on my cast...it just seems right.

Is it logical to have more than one techer? I really like FT/AT, and I don't really mind doing it all over again (mainly to compare stats). Am I wasting my time?

Who else has more than one techer? >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2007-12-28 11:03 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 02:03 PM
there is not one thing physically or mentally right about a cast techer.

all cast techers must be burned immideatlly and then throw its melted parts into a car compactor.

but seriously cast FT is the worst race/class combo in the game, and i HATE it when one joins my party >.<

I'd rather have an NPC http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

GO HUMAN FORCES THOUGH THEY ROCK I LOVE THEM http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

also "Much cast love.... -Kitty =^.^="

EDIT: If u love techer so much go either GT or WT, i love guntecher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

anyways just lvl up your human as a techer all teh way and im sure you'll like your human more eventually http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: pikachief on 2007-12-28 11:04 ]</font>

Gen2000
Dec 28, 2007, 02:21 PM
What kind of stats do you want to compare? Using a Cast FT at lv.110/15 is like using a lv.50 Newman FT or something tech power wise, probably not that harsh but probably close after comparing a Human FT vs. a Newman FT of equal levels (don't feel like looking it up now) but as long as you know it sucks and don't expect to compete whatsoever with even Human FTs, let alone Newman FTs it won't matter. Go nuts.

Pre-AoI no one really cared since FT was the only one at the time with the best buffs but now with AT out there is no real reason to use a Cast FT unless you just really challenge yourself for no reason or like how a cast looks holding a PsychoWand.

ayrista
Dec 28, 2007, 02:22 PM
yeah, you might want to consider guntecher or Acrotecher for your cast.
Nothing wrong with multiple chars with techs.

Jainsea
Dec 28, 2007, 02:27 PM
If YOU have fun on that certain race/class combo then whats wrong with it? I know I did when I payed a "worse race/class" combo,
Female Newman FF, Female Beast FT and that was way before the sweet juicy Pa disk conversion feature came along. I like to try all the classes but at one time I had a FT, Gt, FTat the same time, but when Aoi came along I changed them to other classes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif as long as you have fun that
should be a big factor in your choices http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Xencia
Dec 28, 2007, 02:32 PM
Well,it depends,Cast FT is likely the worst race/class combo in the game. FT is setup for Tech damage,and Cast has the worst base TP.

Cast AT,WT,or GT would be useful. AT has the best support techs,only the heals rely on TP,and with level 40 support techs the mod on the heals will easily make up for your own low TP. WT has access to good melee weapons,but your resta wont be that great,you'll want to put it on a wand,instead of a madoog,that'll help a bit. If you like guns over melee then GT will work well,and they still have good support techs.

It's not a good idea to lean on tech damage as your main offence with any though,the only good damage techs will likely be Foie and Diga for you. Other techs will work well for non-damage purposes,Regrants for pinning enemies,and Megid for instant kill,maybe Dambarta for the rapid freezing.

I have 2 techer characters myself(WT and AT),and I'm liking it alot.

razkal
Dec 28, 2007, 02:35 PM
I have 4 techers, all girls each a different race. I recently deleted my newman but I will be resurrecting her soon. Just play what you like and have fun.

My favorite is my cast acro, she is great for the front lines and who doesn't like a buffb0t!!!!

My cast tekker can be just a effective as any other tekker, maybe better cause I heal/buff the party all the time instead of concentrating on nuking. Giresta 40 will heal effectively and buffs aren't TP dependent. I have great HP and def so I can take a hit in the front lines. Each race has is advantages and disadvantages, you just have to know what they are and play accordingly. If you are nuke crazy it probably isn't a good idea to go cast. ( the only TP dependent techs I use are Megid, Gizonde and Regrants ). A cast techer kinda leans to the melee/bullet side with some techs on the side play style. Or just be the debuffer / status effect type techer. Don't go expecting high damage output with a cast techer.

jayster
Dec 28, 2007, 05:26 PM
Just play whatever, I have a beast forteGunner and Cast forteGunner. Sometimes I like to use a nanoblast, sometimes I like to use a SUV (though I am switching my beast to FF finally)

Poncho_Jr
Dec 28, 2007, 06:25 PM
On 2007-12-28 11:03, pikachief wrote:

Ummm, I believe CAST Techers can be proficient in Throwing Blades, and Longbows, correct me if I'm wrong.

Chuck_Norris
Dec 28, 2007, 06:31 PM
On 2007-12-28 15:25, Poncho_Jr wrote:

Ummm, I believe CAST Techers can be proficient in Throwing Blades, and Longbows, correct me if I'm wrong.

If that's the case, they might as well be guntecher, or acrotecher.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 28, 2007, 06:34 PM
On 2007-12-28 15:31, Chuck_Norris wrote:

On 2007-12-28 15:25, Poncho_Jr wrote:

If that's the case, they might as well be guntecher, or acrotecher.

Atempting to find a loophole ... ... ... ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ...

... ... ...

Atempt failed.

Indica
Dec 28, 2007, 06:37 PM
Casts and Beasts should never be techers.

Pillan
Dec 28, 2007, 06:45 PM
If you like playing Cast Fortetecher, do it. Yeah, sure you'll be around 40% weaker in output than the Newmans, but you obviously don't care about it if you're even posing this question. The worst thing that can happen is you get kicked out of an elitist's party, but did you really care to join one of those in the first place?

I'd advise investing in high percentage melee weapons along with your tech emphasis though. You'll probably be able to pull off equal, if not better, damage with your sabers, daggers, and spears, even as fT.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 28, 2007, 07:05 PM
On 2007-12-28 11:21, Gen2000 wrote:
like how a cast looks holding a PsychoWand.

Hmmm

http://members.shaw.ca/shadow_wing/Shadow_Domain/Images/lolcastft.jpg

Hmmm maaaaybe

Anyways as I always advise anyone thinking about it, I highly suggest not being a CAST fT, they're really not worth it in the end. Even with a P. Wand +6 it just doesn't even cut it in comparison to other races, rather be a WT/AT/GT if you wish to be a techer CAST.

Tita
Dec 28, 2007, 08:29 PM
my F cast GT is awesome, and since i'm able to shift around techs from one character to another... super sweet.
she's also equipped with a Cati Force http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

i love the potential behind the xbow/wand combination. total mobile damage/SE/healing/buff machine!

we seem to have a regular line of threads that beg the same question: "should class A be paired with job B? am i gimping myself?"
As illustrated many times over the course of PSU's release, and especially after AOI, the differences in performances aren't that big of a deal. just exploit their strengths and use your "weaknesses" to supplement those strengths. Your party's survivability and mission speed is based on diversity and team work, with stats being a little lower in priority than most rpgs. There is also opportunity to min-max your character in almost any combo with competitive results in this game.

i guess the fear of making a "bad combo" stems from playing other mmos and rpgs,where there are dire consequences to not building your character right from the get go (ie, no party).
in psu, not so much. It's more about flexibility, experimentation, and customization.