PDA

View Full Version : More EX traps?

HaydenX
Dec 28, 2007, 11:37 PM
Has anybody heard if there will be more ex traps than just freeze, stun, and burn?

If not...
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8836/mantisoffailzz6.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HaydenX on 2007-12-28 20:37 ]</font>

pikachief
Dec 28, 2007, 11:39 PM
i cant view images what is that?

Libram
Dec 28, 2007, 11:52 PM
It is the visage of death and despair, that which brought rise to the Grass Assassin. To look upon those empty eyes is to knew the utter futility in life. Beware, lest ye be turned by the Mantis of Fail.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Libram on 2007-12-28 20:52 ]</font>

SuperChoco
Dec 29, 2007, 12:26 AM
There are Stun EX traps offline...

Helly
Dec 29, 2007, 01:49 AM
I wish they'd come out soon and that people would actually use them! No one I spammed White Beast with ever thought to be using Silence traps and now for Electronic Brain no one is using Shock traps. Life would be so much easier if people used more then stupid Fire traps. ;_;

Turambar
Dec 29, 2007, 03:20 AM
IMO, ice traps are generally the best choice. Because of the duration, any mob you freeze with it will probably be dead before the trap itself stops working.

mvffin
Dec 29, 2007, 03:22 AM
I absolutely love the EX Freeze Traps.

I also carry Freeze G, Shock G, and Silence G with me at all times on my AT.

pikachief
Dec 29, 2007, 03:24 AM
On 2007-12-28 22:49, Helly wrote:
I wish they'd come out soon and that people would actually use them! No one I spammed White Beast with ever thought to be using Silence traps and now for Electronic Brain no one is using Shock traps. Life would be so much easier if people used more then stupid Fire traps. ;_;

Fire ice and stun EX traps are all out online already.

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 03:32 AM
On 2007-12-29 00:24, pikachief wrote:

On 2007-12-28 22:49, Helly wrote:

Fire ice and stun EX traps are all out online already.

I know that (I like them a lot), but I would like to see some other EX series traps...Shock EX, maybe a life-stealing EX trap, or an incapacitate trap (a man can dream can't he), Virus EX, Sleep EX (maybe), Poison EX, Silence EX (though not so much), Confuse EX would be cool...

You get my point.

BTW, I made the mantis of fail (from an image of a mantis off of Google image). What do you think?

Jife_Jifremok
Dec 29, 2007, 03:33 AM
At first, Fire Trap EX could be bought and Freeze Trap EX could be synthed. Now, Fire and Freeze can be bought, whereas Stun has to be synthed. I'm sure it'll be a matter of time before Stun is ready to buy and some other status is available to synth.

Fure_Rakune
Dec 29, 2007, 03:36 AM
As a GunTecher I have limited access to traps, but at all times I carry G traps of Fire, Confusion and Freeze. I find myself using Confusion the most out of the three, followed by Freeze.
Ive yet to see Freeze EX in action but I was thoroughly impressed with the Fire EX trap, graphics, DoT and overall effect.

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 03:46 AM
On 2007-12-29 00:36, Fure_Rakune wrote:
As a GunTecher I have limited access to traps, but at all times I carry G traps of Fire, Confusion and Freeze. I find myself using Confusion the most out of the three, followed by Freeze.
Ive yet to see Freeze EX in action but I was thoroughly impressed with the Fire EX trap, graphics, DoT and overall effect.

Freeze EX is better than burn for medium-large enemies (bal soza, gaozoran, deljaban, jusnagun...). Stun EX kills dilnazens dead. Fire is best for large enemies with multiple hitboxes (gainozerous, carriguine, Polavohra, etc).

The EX traps we already have are great, I would just like to see some variety (stun was already a nice touch). Incapacitate and life steal are what I would like to see most.

biggabertha
Dec 29, 2007, 07:11 AM
Damage EX trap is the only one I'm looking forward to. Anything else is icing.