PDA

View Full Version : Hitting flying targets in the air

Valatar
Dec 29, 2007, 01:39 AM
Are there any techniques or ranged weapons (other than the obvious long-range ones like rifles and laser cannons) that can hit an airborne boss? I had a hell of a time fighting ol' De Rol Le on account of just having a pistol and a shotgun on me at the time. Going into first-person view and plinking at it with my pistol was verrrrrrry sloooooow. Really made me miss PSO's beautiful auto-locking techniques.

Anyhow, I want to be able to reach out and touch someone, even when that someone is twenty feet in the air. Any tips?

MSAksion
Dec 29, 2007, 01:43 AM
the only two AERIAL Techs are NOSZONDE (50 PA Frags highly recommended) and NosMegid (HIghly NON-recommended) can lock on and hit aerial targets.

But neither lock onto the De Rol Le or at least mine doesn't =/

beatrixkiddo
Dec 29, 2007, 01:52 AM
I'm pretty sure that De Rol is simply untargetable unless he's really close to the raft. There's been times when I should have been able to hit him with a certain gun but no damage showed up -_-;

Turambar
Dec 29, 2007, 03:15 AM
Any gun you can aim with (you can shoot with in first person mode) can hit flying targets.

AnamanaAU
Dec 29, 2007, 03:17 AM
De Rol Le is poorly scripted. You can't even SUV him when he's close. Just step on the switches to move the raft in that direction. Use a handgun when he's close if you aren't a ranger.

mvffin
Dec 29, 2007, 03:19 AM
if you can see the yellow dot on your map, he is targetable. the only problem is he moves around so frickin much its hard to aim certain things. i use cards/twinguns/slicers to hit him.

Cerberus1981
Dec 29, 2007, 07:38 AM
About the only ranged weapon that will hit him consistantly from afar is a rifle and even that's a battle as he moves around so much.

Shame he's not smaller, there's something oh so satisfying waiting for a fighter to launch a smaller enemy into the air before I hit them mid air with Maylee Prism from my Laser Cannons and watching them rag doll about twenty feet backwards.

Lykos
Dec 29, 2007, 08:51 AM
On 2007-12-29 04:38, Cerberus1981 wrote:

About the only ranged weapon that will hit him consistantly from afar is a rifle and even that's a battle as he moves around so much.

Shame he's not smaller, there's something oh so satisfying waiting for a fighter to launch a smaller enemy into the air before I hit them mid air with Maylee Prism from my Laser Cannons and watching them rag doll about twenty feet backwards.

Too bad there's no ragdoll physics in PSU. Ah, that would make the game 10x better just for pure laffs. I would love to see someone lifelessly flying through the air after being tail-swiped by any dragon boss.

Anyway, I can't really give you any suggestions about the best way to hit Rol Le in the air since it's difficult with even the best ranged weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lykos on 2007-12-29 06:05 ]</font>

Xencia
Dec 29, 2007, 10:13 AM
Unless a part of De Rol is next to the raft,he's simply untargetable. NosZonde will home in on his head only, but he must be headfirst looking at the raft, and near it. Having a long range gun in this fight doesn't really help much since he's either close enough for handguns,or invincible. The fight can be long and very annoying if he doesn't get close very often,and there's really not much you can do about it.

Valatar
Dec 29, 2007, 11:02 AM
Okay, let's set aside De Rol then, he's apparently a bitch to hit on purpose. Instead, let's look at Onmagoug, De Ragan, and the other bosses that go for altitude and hang around up there like giant, untouchable jerks. Rifles, bows and lasers can hit them from a fair distance, pistols can hit them but you have to be pretty much right under them which isn't usually a smart move, and none of the other ranged weapons or techniques I've tried can reach them.

Shiryuu
Dec 29, 2007, 12:16 PM
I'm pretty sure De Rol still gets hit even w/o damage showing up, just as long as he is at a certain distance. I've killed him multiple times like that.

Libram
Dec 29, 2007, 01:49 PM
I will attest to that. The same thing happens with DF's second form, and I noticed this especially during 1up. Almost every party running through the Colony would kill him just before the meteor would hit. We could still attack, and even though none of the numbers showed he'd still just suddenly die.

Xencia
Dec 29, 2007, 02:36 PM
Well,the little De Rol bombs he spawns count as his own hp and he can be killed by them being destroyed no matter where he is. I've never seen him killed at a distance without the bombs being the reason. Also NosZonde has insane range,more then a rifle/etc.,it only homes in on his head,and only when he's close. You can shoot Noszonde and he can be headfirst and way out there,you can still see the explosion even after the Zonde ball itself leaves your sight range,but it'll never go up from ground-level.

As for other flying bosses,NosZonde homes in on them fine and will chase them even if it's when Onma flies off to grab a rock. Handguns(and Twin) have pretty horrible range,but that's the price you pay for not having a better ranger side,though now the normal slicer attack can hit some of the flying bosses as well.