PDA

View Full Version : Humans = Worst race?

Tokori
Dec 29, 2007, 01:48 AM
I've heard a lot of people telling me that I've picked the wrong race by a long shot. Many claim that humans are the worst race in the game...does anyone feel this way? explain why either way.

Elley
Dec 29, 2007, 01:50 AM
No way. They can do anything effectively. Humans are jacks of all trades. I've been thinking of making a human character lately...

Chuck_Norris
Dec 29, 2007, 01:51 AM
In most cases, yes they are. For a Fortetecher, they are pretty good. Since they have more DFP than newmans, it makes up for the lower TP. But for everything else....Well just about every other race can do the other classes better than Human.
Human isn't a "Bad" race. It just doesn't do best at anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2007-12-28 22:52 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2007, 01:54 AM
Don't listen to them, Humans are really awesome, they're good at everything, and they're probably the best Acrofighters and Acrotechers.

Genoa
Dec 29, 2007, 01:55 AM
oh... yeah, Humans suck... that's why they have a race-bonus' in EVERY class with the exception of Fortefighter, Fortegunner, and Fortetecher...
They have NO weaknesses. They are GOOD at practically EVERYTHING =/
You might not be as hardcore in some statistical areas as other races, but what they lack, you don't lack a bit ;o

Anduril
Humans are the "worst" in that they don't really shine in any one particular job, but at the same time that is what makes them good: their higher versatility.

Tokori
Well what is the best race for a hunter then?

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2007, 01:58 AM
If you're looking for the best Hunter, I'd say Beast, but Humans can pull off Hunter classes just fine. I have a Human main and I make him only fighter types, and he's really awesome.

bahk
Dec 29, 2007, 01:58 AM
If you want to be an acro class, human is probably the best.
In everything else though, they're rather bad. Being able to do everything mediocre doesn't really compare to doing most things pretty well (like beast/cast).

Anduril
Dec 29, 2007, 02:00 AM
On 2007-12-28 22:55, Tokori wrote:

Best is subjective. For pure raw power Beast is, but then you have the whole low ATA thing. You could go CAST, but then their low MST will kill you when facing off against TECHing enemies. Newmans, ummmm, no really advantage to having a Newman hunter. Humans is decent.

Finae
Dec 29, 2007, 02:05 AM
Why do you want a 10 page research paper from me? Let me give you the condensed "nub" version since you wouldn't want to read all that junk. Also just in case you just doin this to start some shit, saves me time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif :

Here is why they say that :

Humans......
Are the balanced race. While they can play all classes with no problems with their stats, they lack the superior ATP of beasts or casts (Well for casts, its so so, if you compared a human male vs cast F atp, you will find that the difference is small). They don't have the superior TP of a newman. They don't have the superior ATA of a cast. When it comes to melee dmg, beast will always be best and when it comes to technic dmg, newman will be best. Cast are in the middle as I tend to play a lot of classes with them and they always have a upper hand at times. One cannot say a human FF can beat a beast FF (both with top of the line gear) in melee dmg because human just don't have the atp and that beast will make you cry anyways when you see their dmg.

The really have no race special. Cast have SUV, Beast have Nanoblast. Both are very useful thus making those races have the upper advantage no matter what class you are (except FT lol).

Acro classes are what humans are good at imo. But still, I would choose my beast over human just due to atp.

So in a nutshell, humans don't excel in much. They are just average. And human Fighpanzies give human a worse name for themselves because 90% of the human fighpanzies I've seen suck ass making my hate for humans go higher and higher. And just in case, I have a high lvl human, newman, cast, beast along with many of their classes lvled so its not like I have only played one race. I go from my newman/human FF to my beast and see a big increase in dmg done along with overall time on mission due to nanoblast. My true competition is between my beast, cast, and newman in the classes they excel at (except my cast which would be a FF also).

All my opinion, I don't state crud as fact as it gets nubs all riled up. Its a shame I didn't say all I wanted to say tho.

RACast_Raiden
Dec 29, 2007, 02:08 AM
Humans...

"Jack of all trades, Masters of NONE"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RACast_Raiden on 2007-12-28 23:26 ]</font>

amtalx
Dec 29, 2007, 02:09 AM
Best advice:

Humans are never a bad choice, but rarely the best.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 29, 2007, 02:10 AM
*face palm*

Genoa
Dec 29, 2007, 02:45 AM
On 2007-12-28 23:09, amtalx wrote:
Best advice:

Humans are never a bad choice, but rarely the best.

That couldn't have been stated any better http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

steely
Dec 29, 2007, 02:49 AM
humans r great for those who cant make up there mind i have a beast Fortegunner , a beast gunntecher, a cast Figunner , and a human that dos it all

Winter_of_uno
Dec 29, 2007, 02:50 AM
Humans shine in hybrid classes stat-wise. Maybe in 2 years time, when we have class levels 25 or 30, humans will have way better stats in these classes than any other race.

smckyy1399
Dec 29, 2007, 02:58 AM
human at or af is pretty good considering u can use a wide range of weapon choices... this is always fun for some1 who wants to use just one main character and still get a taste of everything... plus humans get a racial bonus from every mixed class which is good... overall, i def agree that they may not have as high stats as the other classes... but u will have fun being a human, and it's great if u like to hop around classes a lot...

ShawnLeeGuku
Dec 29, 2007, 03:06 AM
My main is a human. Fighgunner (15), lvl 81 (need to update my sig). And I do just fine. Next time someone says something bad about Hyoomans I'm gonna sick Howzer on them. >>

CelestialBlade
Dec 29, 2007, 03:15 AM
Race doesn't mean a whole lot.

Turambar
Dec 29, 2007, 03:18 AM
Chose whatever race that has access to the race specific weapons that you want. Same goes for gender as well.

VanHalen
Dec 29, 2007, 03:23 AM
As fast as stuff dies now when you are in a large group, it doesnt matter if you picked Newman Protranser.

Now soloing as that Protranser >_>; that is kinda rough.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-12-29 00:24 ]</font>

ShawnLeeGuku
Dec 29, 2007, 03:26 AM
On 2007-12-29 00:23, VanHalen wrote:
As fast as stuff dies now when you are in a large group, it doesnt matter if you picked Newman Protranser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VanHalen on 2007-12-29 00:24 ]</font>

I have a friend that's a Newman Protranser. He held his own from before AotI. One of the toughest Protransers I've ever seen if I do say so myself. You can really be any race and any type and over time you'll adjust.

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 03:40 AM
My main is a human. He has been a...Fighgunner, Wartecher, Guntecher, Acrotecher, Acrofighter, and he is a Protranser right now. I've gotta say that the DPS of a Slicer combined with an A rank shadoog is not to be messed with. AF still have decent TP, which makes the shadoog extraordinarily effective. Humans also get a huge stat bonus for going AT or AF, and a decent one for all of the other hybrids. As a PT, the increased criticals, EX traps, and access to bows make things quite interesting. The only unfortunate thing about being a human PT is the Accuracy (which can be made up for with the right unit...or by using high ATA weapons). Humans are jacks of all trades, and masters of being jacks of all trades. Just wait until Acromasters come out...He he he he he!!!!

VanHalen
Dec 29, 2007, 03:43 AM
On 2007-12-29 00:26, ShawnLeeGuku wrote:

On 2007-12-29 00:23, VanHalen wrote:

I have a friend that's a Newman Protranser. He held his own from before AotI. One of the toughest Protransers I've ever seen if I do say so myself. You can really be any race and any type and over time you'll adjust.

Same for me too. By that Newman Protranser I meant myself http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Krisan
Dec 29, 2007, 03:53 AM
Why do people act like it really matters? Other than HP, most of the stat differences between races can be taken as negligible at best. Yes, you'll do a tad more damage as a Beast Fortefighter than as an equally equipped Newman Fortefighter.. but it isn't going to be some OMGNUMBARZ difference in damage, it'll realistically be pretty slight when compared side by side.. leaving more important factors (such as, if the player is competent at playing their class) to take over.

Just because it looks better on paper doesn't necessarily mean it is in practice.. Besides, what is the obsession people have with being the "best" at everything, anyway? I understand the desire of self betterment, but not really why it is necessary for some people to take it so far that they let it dictate their entire visual style as well as play style..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-29 00:54 ]</font>

oooWaveooo
Dec 29, 2007, 03:53 AM
Humans are crap acrofighters compared to beasts. Hell all melee classes are better for beasts than humans.
I honestly don't understand the whole lower ATA stat since i have a solid power for my beast and he rarely misses hits.

Acrotecher would probably be decent. the extra ATP would help for whips and such. Tech's wouldn't fall too badly seeing as Acrotecher is a support class mainly. They would retain versatility with cards, whips, and tech weapons. If anything i think i would go with a male human acrotecher.

Dragwind
Dec 29, 2007, 03:55 AM
Pretty much a jack of all trades. You can do anything effectively as a human, but you won't excel at any particular thing. However, you will never suck at any particular stat either.

Weeaboolits
Dec 29, 2007, 04:22 AM
Humans aren't bad at anything, which is awesome.

Nai_Calus
Dec 29, 2007, 04:47 AM
Humans aren't the worst race, newmans are.

Chaobo99
Dec 29, 2007, 04:48 AM
You can always out-damage the 'nub' beasts with better weapons..At least that's what I do ^-^..Well,personally,I just detest the beast ears..so un-smexy :/..but that's just my opinion and nothing more ^_^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaobo99 on 2007-12-29 01:49 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Dec 29, 2007, 05:12 AM
On 2007-12-29 00:53, Krisan wrote:
Why do people act like it really matters? Other than HP, most of the stat differences between races can be taken as negligible at best. Yes, you'll do a tad more damage as a Beast Fortefighter than as an equally equipped Newman Fortefighter.. but it isn't going to be some OMGNUMBARZ difference in damage, it'll realistically be pretty slight when compared side by side.. leaving more important factors (such as, if the player is competent at playing their class) to take over.

Just because it looks better on paper doesn't necessarily mean it is in practice.. Besides, what is the obsession people have with being the "best" at everything, anyway? I understand the desire of self betterment, but not really why it is necessary for some people to take it so far that they let it dictate their entire visual style as well as play style..

QFT

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 29, 2007, 05:25 AM
On 2007-12-28 22:55, Tokori wrote:

For a challenge, newman. For really easy, CAST. CAST? Yep. Their ATP is as nearly identical as a beast fortefighter, but with much more ATA. But just know if you don't go in line with what people expect (3% is such a low increase, honestly, 20-100 points? Yay lol--big whoop!), then you will get comments from asses who think they're better than you for being sheep. Every time I see a newman techer I cry on the inside, because people are too afraid of a number difference in stats. At least with humans nobody cares what you really are.

Powder Keg
Dec 29, 2007, 07:32 AM
I have a human Fortefighter. I'm sure a Cast would have been better to choose overall, but I'm not disappointed with humans at all because for one, they have higher ATA than beasts, and the MST is higher against those annoying magic-using enemies.

What's even better is since I can store away PAs, I can make him any other class I want and he won't be terrible at it in the least.

Apone
Dec 29, 2007, 11:12 AM
I like the fact that I can do anything anytime, I dont need to deal the most damge, ever wonder why humans seem to level photon arts faster? Its because they get to hit enemies more often because they dont die in a millisecond. I honestly cant have too much fun with classes that are extremely powerefull on the melee side It kinda kills the reward of charachter growth a little too soon and then theres nothing left to achieve. People always have problems with the "easy mode" we're in right now, but that usually comes from the powerfull attack they possess from their race/class combos. Then they unwittingly bore themselves to death and quit. Im all for growing stronger and I personally dont have a problem with it . But sometimes you want more of a challenge. Actully I dont see humans as a "weak" race but more as "players" class where you can challenge yourself and use more skill to make it successfull. Its really hard to describe but I get way more satisfaction using a human.

Pillan
Dec 29, 2007, 11:17 AM
If you like HP, ATP, and DFP, or just want to specialize in melee combat, go Beast.

If you like HP, ATP, ATA, and DFP, or want to specialize in a combination of melee and ranged combat, go Cast.

If you like ATA, TP, EVP, and MST, or just want to specialize in technique combat, go Newman.

If you like a bit of everything and want to be able to do everything decently, go human.

Sychosis
Dec 29, 2007, 11:18 AM
On 2007-12-29 00:53, Krisan wrote:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Krisan on 2007-12-29 00:54 ]</font>

If people enjoy being the best, more power to them. Having fun, and being good are not mutually exclusive.

Danger_Girl
Dec 29, 2007, 11:38 AM
Humans are fine, but I wouldn't want my daughter to marry one.

Apone
Dec 29, 2007, 11:47 AM
A players psycology also would play a role but I definately dont want to get into that.

Elley
Dec 29, 2007, 12:21 PM
On 2007-12-29 01:22, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Humans aren't bad at anything, which is awesome.

OMG kyoot sig!

BahnKnakyu
Dec 29, 2007, 12:58 PM
Well, seeing how I played a Human fF and a Beast fF, I can definitely tell you there's a HUGE difference. It's not "a difference on paper", but a difference in game combat. I'm sturdier as a Beast fF, being able to soak in damage because of the ridiculously high HP PLUS the fF bonus I get as a beast, and I hit for roughly 25% more damage in general.

Additionally beasts get the added benefit of going SSJ/nanoblasts. If you use the power nano, you end up ripping stuff to shreds because of AoI's JA system. You also get to equip armor and weapons earlier as a Beast, which means you can use the fun stuff earlier (this pertains to lower levels.

As a Human, I get none of these. I don't hit as hard, I can't take damage as well, and I don't get to Nanoblast. Sure I can switch classes and whatnot, but thats what my three other character slots are for. If I don't have the right "race" for a character/race combo, then I can switch to another character and try the advanced class with the so-called "correct" one.

But if you want a really gimped race, go Newman. Great way of telling people you're unique.

SolomonGrundy
Dec 29, 2007, 01:20 PM
Humans have very decent EVP, and second best TP/MST. They also gain job bonuses to ALL hybrid classes, and large bonuses (6%) to Acro classes.

The jobs which take advantage of this, are WT, and AT, and to a degree AF (TP is used for shadoogs, which can contribute some meaningful damage, along with SE)

Thier ATA, while not poor, is not stellar either - so I would suggest a job with a good ATA modifier. That leans towards AT or AF.

HaydenX
Dec 29, 2007, 02:06 PM
On 2007-12-29 00:53, oooWaveooo wrote:
Humans are crap acrofighters compared to beasts. Hell all melee classes are better for beasts than humans.
I honestly don't understand the whole lower ATA stat since i have a solid power for my beast and he rarely misses hits.

Acrotecher would probably be decent. the extra ATP would help for whips and such. Tech's wouldn't fall too badly seeing as Acrotecher is a support class mainly. They would retain versatility with cards, whips, and tech weapons. If anything i think i would go with a male human acrotecher.

Beast TP is crap, so by definition, the shadoogs would be better on a human. If you factor in that extra 350-400 DPS with SE (using an a rank), I doubt the beast could catch up. Let me know the math if I'm wrong (Factoring ATA with the SE3 burn of a fire shadoog).

Larusu
Dec 29, 2007, 02:26 PM
The thing about humans is that even though they can be any class, you only play one at a time, so most of their ability is unused. If you want to play any of the fortes it is best to just be the respective race, but I agree with the rest of the forum that they make good acros.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 29, 2007, 02:43 PM
I agree that Shadoog damage is pretty underrated. I do like 500 damage per shot on my Ebrozike which pierces through enemies, that's on neutral element with no buffs on a Male Human. The Shadoog damage is definitely not going to outdo my melee, but it does add up, and I don't have to press any buttons while I'm still slashing away at the monsters with my saber or my dagger.

Pillan
Dec 29, 2007, 03:02 PM
On 2007-12-29 11:06, HaydenX wrote:
Beast TP is crap, so by definition, the shadoogs would be better on a human. If you factor in that extra 350-400 DPS with SE (using an a rank), I doubt the beast could catch up. Let me know the math if I'm wrong (Factoring ATA with the SE3 burn of a fire shadoog).

Actually, that's not how it works. ATA really doesn't make a significant difference with Shadoogs because they don't have PAs (while most bullets reduce their own ATA to 75% or lower). Likewise, because they have such a slow firing rate (3 shots every 3 seconds) than any melee attack and no PAs, a Cast of the same gender with the same right hand + shadoog can surpass a human's damage once your skill gets above 20.

And then the slow firing rate really takes SEs out of the question, since you'll normally kill the mob before anything lands. I mean, let's say you do burn the mob. You still have to wait 2 seconds for each tick of 400 from Burn while each blow of your slicer deals 2500+. But, still, even that won't break the deviation when the skill is near 40.

It does bridge the gap between humans and Casts and Beasts, but it doesn't let them surpass them as Acrofighter. On the other hand, a human Acrotecher with a Shadoog could surpass a Cast of the same gender with some of the weaker skills, but do you really want to use one as an AT?

Aviendha
Dec 29, 2007, 03:09 PM
On 2007-12-28 23:50, Winter_of_uno wrote:
Humans shine in hybrid classes stat-wise. Maybe in 2 years time, when we have class levels 25 or 30, humans will have way better stats in these classes than any other race.

The Hybrid bonuses are fixed % that doesn't make humans equal to Cast/Beast. So Humans will always have lower stats by a certain % in each stat.

Doesn't matter though play whichever race you think looks the best.

jayster
Dec 29, 2007, 03:18 PM
They'll never have the best ATP, TP, or ACC. They can't be the best power house forte classes. But they can be decent at everything, they're versile, theyd definatly make a much better fortetecher than a Cast would or a better forteFighter than a newman would. They're a medium class, if you like to switch classes alot, then this race is best for you.

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2007, 03:21 PM
inb4flamewar

Humans do NOT suck. That's just a bunch of eltists trying to pull you towards the CAST supremacy...

Beasts are seen as the best Hunters because of their ATP.
Newmans are seen as the best Techers because of their TP.

But if either tries to do the other's job, they're considered the "noob class". Meanwhile, humans can do either just fine, almost as good as the "best" races can. So humans are far from worthless.

Poncho_Jr
Dec 29, 2007, 08:49 PM
Nemwan Fortefighter is a force to be reckoned with. Yessss, yesss.

Angelo
Dec 29, 2007, 09:21 PM
On 2007-12-28 22:48, Tokori wrote:
I've heard a lot of people telling me that I've picked the wrong race by a long shot. Many claim that humans are the worst race in the game...does anyone feel this way? explain why either way.

Please see:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=165693&forum=20&59

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Dec 29, 2007, 09:26 PM
On 2007-12-29 12:21, DonRoyale wrote:
inb4flamewar

Humans do NOT suck. That's just a bunch of eltists trying to pull you towards the CAST supremacy...

Beasts are seen as the best Hunters because of their ATP.
Newmans are seen as the best Techers because of their TP.

But if either tries to do the other's job, they're considered the "noob class". Meanwhile, humans can do either just fine, almost as good as the "best" races can. So humans are far from worthless.

THANK YOU.

Chaosgyro
Dec 30, 2007, 01:49 AM
The thing about humans is that even though they can be any class, you only play one at a time, so most of their ability is unused.

That's actually a very cogent comment that has been largely overlooked. Human versatility is only worthwhile if you are going to take advantage of it. (I.E. you want multiple classes or are just terminally indecisive like me) If you plan on sticking as a fT, for instance, it doesn't matter that you'd make a decent fF too - you'd be better off as a Newman.

It is true that race doesn't matter a great deal, that cosmetics can really determine your choice if you can about that sort of thing, but if you don't care - or find the cosmetics roughly equal in appeal - then go with a beast or CAST. Where race doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot having a nanoblast or SUV can, and humans/newmans just don't get anything to compete in that category.

Shadix
Dec 30, 2007, 02:26 AM
Dissin on humans... WE MADE YOU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadix on 2007-12-29 23:27 ]</font>

AlphaDragoon
Dec 30, 2007, 02:38 PM
Just wanted to state for the record that the only thing a Beast AF has on a Human AF is attack power. Defense is a moot point on an AF, and their EVA is TERRIBLE compared to Human AF, as is their TP (which R-Mags use).

Humans are pretty much the best class for Acrofighter, thanks Sega for finally throwing them a bone. Now if you'd just do the same for the poor Newmans (and maybe nerf Beast/Cast a little...) it'd be nice.

pikachief
Dec 30, 2007, 02:42 PM
Humans? Newmans are BY FAR the worst!!

*runs*

Starrz
Dec 30, 2007, 03:07 PM
On 2007-12-30 11:38, AlphaDragoon wrote:
Just wanted to state for the record that the only thing a Beast AF has on a Human AF is attack power. Defense is a moot point on an AF, and their EVA is TERRIBLE compared to Human AF, as is their TP (which R-Mags use).

Humans are pretty much the best class for Acrofighter, thanks Sega for finally throwing them a bone. Now if you'd just do the same for the poor Newmans (and maybe nerf Beast/Cast a little...) it'd be nice.

I'd say beasts are better due to the higher attack power alone, but if you really want to get down into it there's other advantages.

Beasts have higher HP
Beasts have lower EVP
Beasts can Nanoblast.

I don't know why anyone would want a lot of EVP in a melee class, as it constantly wastes PP. But in actual gameplay, you wouldn't notice the difference between how many times a human blocks and a beast blocks.

So beasts have better survivability due to higher HP, and get a kick-ass special.

What do humans have over beasts? TP. Which only adds about 200 damage to shadoogs. :/

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 30, 2007, 03:12 PM
Well, if you don't want high EVP on Acrofighter, there's one solution: don't pick Acrofighter. I mean, it has the highest EVP of all classes, so its kind of dumb to try and make it as low as possible. Also, Just Counters are pretty cool. And Nanoblast kind of ruins the racial balance of this game [as does SUVs].

gryphonvii
Dec 30, 2007, 03:13 PM
its topics like these that make me both proud to be human, and ashamed at the same time.

Pillan
Dec 30, 2007, 03:18 PM
It's just the flaw of playing human: there's always someone who's arguably better.

Beasts and Casts will always have better output with anything that requires ATP and Newmans will always have better output with anything that requires TP. Beasts and Casts will always have better survivability with classes that have high HP and DFP dependence and Newmans will have better with classes with high EVP dependence.

The cost of having no weaknesses is also having no strengths.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Pillan on 2007-12-30 12:21 ]</font>

XDeathX
Dec 30, 2007, 05:31 PM
We are all Human, after all.

_K1_
Dec 31, 2007, 04:09 AM
On 2007-12-28 22:51, Chuck_Norris wrote:
For a Fortetecher, they are pretty good. Since they have more DFP than newmans, it makes up for the lower TP.
Humans are good, but having an extra 6 DFP at 110/15 at the cost of losing 280 TP isn't the reason why.

AlphaMinotaux
Dec 31, 2007, 05:40 AM
There has been so many times I wish I was a human instead of cast ; ; I like switching jobs and well no race lets me do this better than human. Plus clothes are always a plus.

Sylpheed
Dec 31, 2007, 09:43 AM
Humas are exactly what the race description says on the charecter creation screen. Humans don't excel at any job but to make up for that they can play any job effectively without hinderence. Basically i see humans as a race to play if you like every job in the game.

MelanyKoura
Dec 31, 2007, 11:24 AM
How I see it, the job makes the stats in the long run. >=P Be whatever race you wana be. I'm a human fighgunner (Fighgunner pride!) and I kick enough ass as it is (WITHOUT traps. I use them on occasion though). Those than angst that they don't do top notch damage -- Go be a fscking beast and play fF. The rest of us don't wana hear you complain about not matching someone's Anga Jabroga or whatever.

Humans weren't meant to be the best.
Humans aren't the best.
Humans won't BE the best.

... Know what? I don't give a d***. I like my character, I like how I play, and I like the game.

As far as "race bonuses" or whatever... as far as I know they don't get much. Then again, I wouldn't know; I'm not someone who looks into that crap. I just play the character and the jobs.

Personally, I see Humans as a great starter character so you can see which race you might want to use as a main. Or maybe you'll end up with the human and your main. Either way, it's cool. I have a character of each race and my Human tops them all on levels. Closest is my AT Newman down by about 25 levels or so.

So really... Don't let anyone tell you that you have the "wrong race." The only wrong race is the one(s) you don't like playing as. Same goes for the jobs.

There's a REASON why Sega gave an open job system people, so WAKE UP. <.< I know a few Beast Fortetechers that can nearly match Newman Fortetechers. Granted the beast does 400-600 damage less or so (I wouldn't know the gap now, nor do I care), he still does a really good job and I respect him for it. That's what being a good player is about; taking on all challenges.

Though that was a bit off subject, it may help my point in some manner or another.

So really, bottom line (and my conclusion), if you have a human, keep him/her if you like him/her. They're a good starting race to begin testing the jobs and seeing how other races handle certain jobs (Don't think about bonuses or race stats which are minimal advantages at best). After that you can go from there. Just don't let people who are biased pick for you; you may end up not liking the choice.

Shiro_Ryuu
Dec 31, 2007, 12:34 PM
Oh, hey Melany, didn't know you hung around here. You're right though, Humans do awesome at any job, and if you're gonna be a crybaby, go Beast FF or something. But yeah, lol Fighgunner, AF >>> FI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wallin
Dec 31, 2007, 12:42 PM
In my opinion and not that I actually have a character at 110, but if you can't be useful to a party at the maximum level regardless of what race you are, with all the skills available and rares that seem to be dropping now, it's probably not the game's fault. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif And I think humans just look better anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MelanyKoura
Dec 31, 2007, 03:50 PM
On 2007-12-31 09:34, Shiroryuu wrote:
Oh, hey Melany, didn't know you hung around here. You're right though, Humans do awesome at any job, and if you're gonna be a crybaby, go Beast FF or something. But yeah, lol Fighgunner, AF >>> FI http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Bandwagon follower. <.<