PDA

View Full Version : Jarba Problem...... (PLEASE READ)

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 29, 2007, 04:08 AM
Ok most people know what a jarba is
the big creature in relic like mission that cast megid if your far, and i guess rabarta if your close..........

Im having real problems with him...... I'm doing Dual Sentinel A. And for those who have got that far........it can be a problem. Is there a way to reduce the megid and rabarta level. so i dont automatically die or get frozen........ well 95% chance it will happen..........

Is there a unit i can use to reduce this???

Please Help

Rayokarna
Dec 29, 2007, 04:19 AM
I think a Blackheart unit removes the effect of instant death(Im not sure tho). A freeze/resist can be hunted from De Rol Le on any rank, which stops you from being frozen.

xzidanex
Dec 29, 2007, 04:19 AM
Freeze / Resist and a dark armor? That's about all I can think of.

Tulio07
Dec 29, 2007, 04:20 AM
freeze / resist can be found from fighting against de rol le and might buy you enough time to run away. About the megid, if you stay behind him, it's not a problem. Then wear either dark or ice armor depending on which element he's hitting you with the most.

Weeaboolits
Dec 29, 2007, 04:21 AM
Get unit with higher STA.

Turb0
Dec 29, 2007, 04:21 AM
It's dambarta, and not really. You can get a /rainbow slot or freeze/resist but you just have to dodge it. IDK what class you are, but twin handguns and crossbows are good for jarbas because you can always keep moving.

Kion
Dec 29, 2007, 04:27 AM
inflict burn; it will tick damage allowing you to consentrate more on evasion. spam a PA that causes knock back to keep the damn thing staggering. if you see it about to cast, back off before unloading another round of attacks.

Weeaboolits
Dec 29, 2007, 04:33 AM
silence it.

Miren
Dec 29, 2007, 04:37 AM
Rising Strike (Saber skill) will kill Jarba easily, just circle around him and RS him

xzidanex
Dec 29, 2007, 04:38 AM
On 2007-12-29 01:19, Rayokarna wrote:
I think a Blackheart unit removes the effect of instant death(Im not sure tho). A freeze/resist can be hunted from De Rol Le on any rank, which stops you from being frozen.

Theres nothing that makes you immune to instant death as far as I know. The unit just makes you slightly more resistant to all effects. Pairing something like this with a De Colte Line might make you immune to all SE's though. But... thats not out yet XD

Indica
Dec 29, 2007, 05:09 AM
On 2007-12-29 01:33, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
silence it.

You cant silence a Jarba. Not sure if a Silence Ex Trap will ever come out or even work if one ever exists

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Indica on 2007-12-29 02:10 ]</font>

Pob
Dec 29, 2007, 05:12 AM
Use Virus traps, or a bow with Dark Bullets.

Cry0
Dec 29, 2007, 06:27 AM
There are maps without jarba. do those if you're not explicitly jarbahunting. my favorite when im hunting there is the one where if you start on the first block, and you're lookign south, the first spawn is nothing but volfu. absolutely jarba-free map.

HUnewearl_Meira
Dec 29, 2007, 06:51 AM
In my experience, your best bet for surviving Jarbas, is to use a ranged weapon and keep your distance. Rifles, if you can use them, or Bows if you get those. I'm not sure what would be best as a Fighgunner or Fortefighter (might be stuck with dualies or even just a handgun0). Basically, you want to be as far as way from them as you can get, until you're a high enough level to overpower them head-on. What this does, is it maximizes the length of time you have to dodge its Megid. You have more warning, and thus, more time to react.

The trouble with this, is that it does take quite some time. When you get to higher levels, you'll probably feel the urge to just take them toe-to-toe, and there does come a point when you can do this effectively.

Powder Keg
Dec 29, 2007, 07:29 AM
Not sure what class you are, but the throwing blade (or cards as most call them) really wreck Jarbas.

Cerberus1981
Dec 29, 2007, 07:32 AM
Virus traps are your friend.

Libram
Dec 29, 2007, 08:33 AM
If you want to do melee use any move that consistently causes some type of enemy knock up, knock down, or knock away. Rising Strike works really well, and Rising Crush is even better. After that use a ranged attack, because the Jarbas have resistance to melee and magic.

Shiryuu
Dec 29, 2007, 11:39 AM
On 2007-12-29 01:38, xzidanex wrote:
Pairing something like this with a De Colte Line might make you immune to all SE's though. But... thats not out yet XD

De Colte doesn't have a body slot. Also, 30 STA only makes you megid resistant, Jarba can still freeze you every now and then.