PDA

View Full Version : Because I freaking want to, that's why.

Nai_Calus
Dec 29, 2007, 05:33 AM
So, Newman Fighgunner sucks. This isn't a new revelation, but I stuck with it in the hopes it would eventually at least suck less. It doesn't. A beast 30 levels lower than me in the same class has more ATP, FFS. So rather than baww about how much I hate my pussy-ass character who's too short anyway and looks like a refugee from some shitty 90s boyband, I decide, what the fuck, event with crazyass exp, let's make a beast and get him started on his way during the event. Nanoblasting amuses me and is fairly useful, and I can make him tall enough this time, etc. So he's made, and he's L53 now, and all is well. Except that, you know, I apparently am guilty of genocide and kicking kittens the way people react to it.

"Why waste all that time"

It's not fun anymore, that's why, and continuing to play a character I want to stab is an even bigger waste of time than starting a new one I like more.

"You just need better %s"

I have perfectly good %s, and I like using weapons that don't look like shit. For some reason I have this crazy concept that a 38% Fire Blackheart +5 is a pretty good weapon for using on anything that has the bad sense to be ice-element. And indeed, it is, but my favourite Saber PA is Gravity Strike, i.e., the one with the lowest ATP mod. This isn't exactly compatible with a newman's lack of ATP. Most of the PAs I like best aren't drowning in the ATP mods either, which means compensation needs to come in somewhere. Sure, I can go get ugly 50% 9*s, but I hate kitchen knives, Yohmei is lol and their 9* sabers aren't out yet anyway, or I can use my nice pretty sparkly Blackhearts and Grand Crosses on a race that actually knows what ATP is. Sure, I could go FF, but I hate FF and it doesn't have the all-important Crossbows and Twin Handguns that keep me a FI in the first fucking place.

"But it's not unique anymore"

Nope, plenty of beast FIs, utter lack of newman FIs, hmm perhaps there's a reason why Nai seems to be the only Newman male FI in existence. I didn't play a FOmarl in PSO because FOmarls pissed me off. Newman FI has started to piss me off. Hence, I made a beast. If I'm now the same race/class as everybody else... Oh fucking well?

Seriously, what the hell. I hate my character and I made a new one I already like better. Why does this apparently annoy people so much?

Ashkahn
Dec 29, 2007, 06:31 AM
Because if you aren't playing it their way, you shouldn't be playing at all.

I'm in the same boat you are... in a slightly different respect. I get the same comments when I'm playing my Beast as a Fortegunner or AT. Nobody seems to get that this game's not all about big numbarz.

As for time... if you don't feel that you've wasted it, then you haven't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ashkahn on 2007-12-29 03:33 ]</font>

Shadow_Wing
Dec 29, 2007, 06:42 AM
Eh, it's your fault that you get bugged about what other people have to say about you. I'm a Male CAST AT, I didn't care if people considered this combination downright wrong, I'm playing a class I enjoy on a race I like, and I don't give 2 shits what anyone else has to say about it.

Nai_Calus
Dec 29, 2007, 07:24 AM
You're in the wrong thread, Shadow, this isn't the 'I play a crappy race/class combo and people give me shit about it' thread. This is the 'Why the fuck does it apparently offend people that I have decided on my own to go to a non-crappy race/class combo' thread. This is shit people are saying to me about my decision to abandon my newman in favour of a beast.

Nobody gives me shit for being a newman FI. Just shit for not wanting to be one anymore. The first case would be understandable and 'yeah, whatever', the second is 'what the fuck if you like the idea of a newman FI so much you go play it'.

But yeah, the 'bawww I play a shitty race/class combo and people give me crap about it' thread is a few threads down the page. Also, read threads before responding to them, it helps.

Shadow_Wing
Dec 29, 2007, 08:11 AM
Same advice applies, I don't give 2 shits about what other people have to say about my decisions, and your fault your bugged about what other people have to say about you.

And your the one telling me I should have better readings skills <<;

Which, I might add both cases are the same thing essentially, getting shit talked based on what we believe is fun, they're just two sides of the same coin. It really goes back to, if it bothers them so much then so be it, it's my game, I enjoy it the way I like it.

If someone came up to be and bawwwed me out due to my race and class choice I'd just answer them with a highly sarcastic "and...?" cause really, who the fuck gives a damn outside yourself and your closest friends.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow_Wing on 2007-12-29 05:20 ]</font>

Reipard
Dec 29, 2007, 10:57 AM
Sorry you ended up hating being a Newman FI. I actually enjoy the combo a lot, but what matters more is that you're having fun. Idiots be damned; if they have a problem with it they can pay your way for the next month so they have a reason to have said problem XP.

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2007, 01:51 PM
...And here I thought the JP population WEREN'T a bunch of e-peen elitists. >.>

Just tell them that you've made your decision, are sticking by it, and anyone who doesn't like it will have to put up with it.

EphekZ
Dec 29, 2007, 01:55 PM
On 2007-12-29 10:51, DonRoyale wrote:

Just tell them that you've made your decision, are sticking by it, and anyone who doesn't like it will have to put up with it.

Yes, of course, how can we every consider a country other than America to be dicks? That is blasphemy!

KodiaX987
Dec 29, 2007, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the Internet, where the good class is called overpowered, the bad class a n00b trap, normal weapons pieces of shit, and rare weapons n00b tubes.

Whichever way you go, you're fucked, buddy!

DonRoyale
Dec 29, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-12-29 10:55, EphekZ wrote:

On 2007-12-29 10:51, DonRoyale wrote:

Yes, of course, how can we every consider a country other than America to be dicks? That is blasphemy!

Uhh, I'm Canadian...

And I didn't assume the JP population were dicks. I honestly thought they weren't...and for the most part I still think they're not a bunch of dicks.

Seems the OP just needs better friends? o.O

Jakosifer
Dec 29, 2007, 11:59 PM
How exactly is them saying something along the lines of "Naw man don't go with the norm, Newman FI was very unique!" anything near being elitist? I just have to comment on this, ya know, since being elitist would TECHNICALLY be saying something more along of the lines of "YEA! THAT NEWMAN IS A WASTE OF TIME AS A FIGHTER!!! MAKE HIM AN FT OR DEL3TE him1!1!"....But whatever.

KaFKa
Dec 30, 2007, 02:00 AM
On 2007-12-29 11:46, KodiaX987 wrote:
Welcome to the Internet, where the good class is called overpowered, the bad class a n00b trap, normal weapons pieces of shit, and rare weapons n00b tubes.

This man speaks the truth, and sadly its been this way since CS 1.4

Just roll with whats fun.

Chaosgyro
Dec 30, 2007, 02:22 AM
I remember when you were using the fact that you played a Newman hunter as a proof that there was more than NUMBARZ to this game. Maybe some people were using you as a proxy for their own hopes and dreams. Seeing you give up has likewise crushed that small remaining portion of their soul that clings to optimism.

...no I'm not talking about me, it's for a friend of mine I swear.

Darkly
Dec 30, 2007, 07:57 PM
well its actually because people like being dicks to others. The whole internet allows them to do that far easier.

example of mine - a guy i knew had a 'mop head' and the losers at my school made fun of his hair pretty much everyday, he didn't care but eventually he got it cut anyway because he wanted a change, but do you think these losers welcomed him and his new 'cut?

hell no they made fun of him for getting it cut.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Dec 30, 2007, 08:17 PM
On 2007-12-29 23:00, KaFKa wrote:

On 2007-12-29 11:46, KodiaX987 wrote:

This man speaks the truth, and sadly its been this way since CS 1.4

Just roll with whats fun.

Well not only that, it seems your group of online weirdoes buddies seem to want to micromanage their gaming to the point of including other people's characters that they do not have any control over anyway.

Give 'em the talk to the hand.

Changing characters is a way to add more variety and "a breath of fresh air" to such a grind it out game. No harm in that. Same as in PSO, you wanted to try other characters out that you may not have yet. Also transfer over weapons that your class combo couldn't use.

Did you hand down items you found that you had no use for in a generous manner to these guys? Now they don't get that free equip and excuse/cop out their way into trying to make you limit how you can play?

Just a theory.

thunder-ray
Dec 31, 2007, 05:33 AM
To tell you the truth i find a newman FI sounds like a good idea. Idont see to many newman FI around in psu however i have met a few that find the combo quite enjoyable even though the stats are a little bad but the joy of the mixure is what counts much more. I think your newman FI is a good idea you shouldnt listen to what other people say or care what they think its your playing style you have the right to do whatever you want reguardless to what other people think you should do with your characters.

omegapirate2k
Jan 1, 2008, 12:19 AM
EDIT: Wait, nevermind, it seems I misread.

Oh well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: omegapirate2k on 2007-12-31 21:28 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
Jan 1, 2008, 03:24 AM
I....AM kinda hoping you didn't get into Newman Fighgunner expecting to have stats close to that of a Beast. If you did, sorry you were disappointed. But then again, considering how easy this game is for Melee classes now, even a Newman Fighgunner shouldn't have a lot of trouble with anything. You won't win any number contests, but I'd rather not be the one standing on top of the UBER GEEK PEDASTAL.

Nobody will care that you remade in a few days, so just let it blow over and do what you feel is best. That's all that matters.

...hope the alcohol wasn't talkin too much there.

Nai_Calus
Jan 2, 2008, 01:02 AM
lol, no. Originally the first incarnation of Nai was going to be a Wartecher, until I realised that I hated WT as it was pre-AoI. (Still not big on it, no Xbows and crappy support == Bah) I did however like Fighgunner, which my beast alt at the time was, but didn't feel like levelling him up to be my main, so I made the newman a Fighgunner, and when I jumped ship to JP when AoI came out I just remade the newman there.

However the lack of things like 'ATP' and 'HP' and 'Bringing anything at all to the class' kind of killed it for me.